Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Ramsey on Antonio Brown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I'm looking ahead, but I'd imagine that Ramsey has already given thought to shadowing Antonio Brown all game in 2 weeks.  That's the kind of matchup that if you shut him down, he will garner National Attention, and put himself under that big spotlight.  I can't wait to watch this matchup.  No offense to Bouye, but I personally believe that Ramsey is the better cornerback, and I want Ramsey following Brown all over the field.  If Jalen is matched up with him all day, he better be ready to go from rarely being targeted to be targeting all day long. 

On a second note, I know Pittsburgh will be tough at home, but I think we match up incredible well with them.  I think that our Defense has proven that we can come wreak havoc on Quarterbacks who don't move around the pocket very well.  If our offense can sustain drives and not give the ball to the other team, there isn't one team on our schedule we can't stay with.
I would hope that he would cover Martavis Bryant when he is in the game.
Ramsey has played left corner and Bouye right corner. I think they will keep it that way, should be a fun matchup either way
Trap game...Jets.

We gotta beat the Jets before I think further ahead.
Whichever CB goes against him should be a fun match-up.

The Jets are not a trap game. Did you see their game yesterday?
If the Steelers are smart, they'll line Brown up in the slot where possibly neither of them will cover him.
(09-25-2017, 07:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]If the Steelers are smart, they'll line Brown up in the slot where possibly neither of them will cover him.

I think it's safe to say that they're going to keep Brown away from Ramsey as much as possible. Because? Why the hell not.

Brown will line up all over the place, but I'm sure you're dead on when you say he'll see a lot of time in the slot. Ramsey, Bouye or Colvin? Pretty easy decision on who I'd go after the most.

It's only been 3 games so far, but it's blatantly obvious that teams want little to nothing too do with Ramsey and for good reason.
I have both the jags D and Antonio brown on my fantasy team... Oh the conundrum
You want him on Bryant because they are more physical.
(09-26-2017, 07:16 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]You want him on Bryant because they are more physical.

Not only that, but with Bryant being bigger and the true deep threat, you want the bigger, faster Ramsey on him.

I think Ramsey matches up better with him than any of the other Jaguars' CBs.  I like Bouye and even Colvin against Brown better than I like either against Bryant.
Roethlisberger has always sucked against us.
Flashbacks of Rasheans picks...

I think the Jags are still the only team to defeat Pittsburgh twice at home in one season.
(09-26-2017, 08:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2017, 07:16 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]You want him on Bryant because they are more physical.

Not only that, but with Bryant being bigger and the true deep threat, you want the bigger, faster Ramsey on him.

I think Ramsey matches up better with him than any of the other Jaguars' CBs.  I like Bouye and even Colvin against Brown better than I like either against Bryant.

While Ramsey matches up better from a physical standpoint on Bryant I'd be much more worried about Brown taking the game over than Bryant and thus would put Ramsey on Brown. 

Bryant's a very boom bust type , he's great at catching long bombs and can hurt you deep but lounges through games and on a play to play basis can be taken out. I'd prefer to throw Bouye on him. Bouyes matched up with bigger , faster receivers and done great before. He shutdown Kelce last year for the Texans.  

Right now Ramsey is playing like the best corner in the NFL. I'd give him Brown and see what happens.
I can see the argument for putting Bouye on Brown and Ramsey on Martavis, not that I am necessarily agreeing with it. As awesome as Ramsey is, he gets his job done more with his freak athleticism/length/recovery ability than by technique (so far). When you watch him you often see some space between he and the WR and then Ramsey strikes like a cobra to break up the pass or jar the ball loose at point of catch. I could see Brown being just the type of master technician that would give Ramsey a bit of trouble stylistically.

Bouye is the opposite. Technique is the name of the game for him, and occasionally he's get out athleted for a long gain down the sideline like with saw with the Titans and Taywan Taylor.
I think they shouldn't change anything. Do what they have been doing, let Ramsey play left and Bouye play right corner. Whoever lines up across from them so be it
The real question is, who is gonna cover the great Robbie Anderson on Sunday?
(09-25-2017, 05:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey has played left corner and Bouye right corner.  I think they will keep it that way, should be a fun matchup either way

I don't believe that's true.  I think it was specifically mentioned against the Ravens that Ramsey was staying with Wallace because he was the fastest of the receivers.