Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Potential Jags Flex Schedule Candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What games do you think, if we continue to play well, could be a candidate for flexing to Sunday night? Flex scheduling can begin week 5. 

Our week 5 game is at Pittsburgh, which seems like an ideal candidate, however Houston and KC are the late game that night. I'm sure they wouldn't want to move that one. 

Our game against the Colts could be Luck's first game, but that night is Pats/Falcons.

After further reading, they do not move the currently scheduled late games. So Steelers or Colts could be prime games to flex.
I'm in a pretty small minority, but I absolutely despise being a prime time game. Give me Sunday at 1pm or 4pm every week for the entire season. That's actually a benefit of being a small market team that has lost a lot for close to decade.
I don't expect a flex for us until late season after we have proved to the networks we are not the same Jaguars.

Best choice could be season finally at the Titans if the divison/playoff spot(s) are on the line.
I heard that they didn't want to televise the playoff game vs the Steelers because the opponent was Jacksonville, but the NFL made them since it's in their contract. Granted, I think it might be a bit far fetched, but I still think it is interesting seeing as we've never been on NBC Sunday night football, even when we did have winning seasons last decade.
(09-25-2017, 09:29 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that they didn't want to televise the playoff game vs the Steelers because the opponent was Jacksonville, but the NFL made them since it's in their contract. Granted, I think it might be a bit far fetched, but I still think it is interesting seeing as we've never been on NBC Sunday night football, even when we did have winning seasons last decade.

It's been 9 years since our last appearance, but we've been been on Sunday Night Football.
Week 12 @ Arizona or Week 14 vs Seattle are probably our best bets.
(09-26-2017, 08:57 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]Week 12 @ Arizona or Week 14 vs Seattle are probably our best bets.

Seattle maybe. I don't see Arizona as a big draw this year.
(09-26-2017, 08:57 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]Week 12 @ Arizona or Week 14 vs Seattle are probably our best bets.

IDK... AZ might not be a good draw at that point...

I'm thinking a late season divisional game if both teams are vying for division title.

week 15 or 17 vs tinhorns or tacks
Maybe the week 14 Seattle game 

I think thats about it... cuz no one wants to flex a browns game or a bad clots team And I think we'll need to stack a couple more wins before they thing about the Jags as flex material so anything in the next couple weeks is out IMO
If any game is flexed, it's more likely that a 1 pm game will be flexed to 4 pm instead of to Sunday night. Like Kane mentioned, if at the end of the season the division is on the line for us against either the tacks or tinhorns those would be our best bets for a Sunday nighter, but it would have to clearly be the best match up of the week.