Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack is ascending to elite linebacker status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This man is ascending to elite linebacker status more quickly than I think anybody had predicted. His speed and coverage ability is making a huge impact for us this year. I believe he will only continue to get better and have more of an impact in the run game. MYLES JACK APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!
But.......he can't tackle
Isn't it crazy that you never hear anything about his college injury anymore? Was that just completely overblown or what?
I still don't think he was worth a top 5 pick pre injury because he plays LB. But he has turned up his game. I think so far he was great value in round 2.
Looking around the league though a lot of teams are valuing LB like Jack and telvin who are lightning fast and good in coverage since a LB who can't cover is such a liability in today's game
(09-25-2017, 09:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]But.......he can't tackle

Turrible
Jack and Telvin are 2 of the fastest in the league and it shows. Both of them should have a TD each but penalties. Questionable penalties.
Our secondary has been lights out, and our D line has been stout. And now with two sideline to sideline linebackers, I really think our defense is on the cusp of being a top 5 unit. I think the development of Ngakoue, Fowler, and most importantly Jack, is what is propelling us to that status.
As a UCLA fan, I'm glad to see it.
(09-25-2017, 09:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't think he was worth a top 5 pick pre injury because he plays LB. But he has turned up his game. I think so far he was great value in round 2.

Talent wise, he was absolutely worth a top 5 pick. He might not have gotten drafted top 5 though, because he isn't a Rush LB.

I'm pretty positive he would of went top 10 though and there's absolutely zero chance he would have slid beyond the top 15.

He was a flat out stud in College and just never got any chance to show it last year. Just imagine how much farther along he'd be, if he got more playing time than just 8 snaps per game last year....
I love how this staff is getting Telvin and Myles on the field at the same time... Remember all the talk of how that wasnt possible because they play the same position.... And then we had the idiots that wantsd to trade telvin
(09-26-2017, 06:19 AM)continuous Wrote: [ -> ]I love how this staff is getting Telvin and Myles on the field at the same time... Remember all the talk of how that wasnt possible because they play the same position.... And then we had the idiots that wantsd to trade telvin

People were saying Telvin isn't good lol
"Elite"? Let's slow down a bit, shall we? He is fitting into his role nicely but there is tons of growth to be had and he hasn't even hit the "great" measure point. There are still flaws in his game that have allowed too many big runs this year. He does have that "elite" potential though.
(09-26-2017, 09:33 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]"Elite"? Let's slow down a bit, shall we? He is fitting into his role nicely but there is tons of growth to be had and he hasn't even hit the "great" measure point. There are still flaws in his game that have allowed too many big runs this year. He does have that "elite" potential though.

Didn't say he's elite yet. Said he's on his way to getting there.
(09-25-2017, 09:20 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it crazy that you never hear anything about his college injury anymore? Was that just completely overblown or what?

The big worry about his injury is that it is degenerative. Only time will tell. It is good he's playing so well so quickly.
(09-25-2017, 09:20 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it crazy that you never hear anything about his college injury anymore?  Was that just completely overblown or what?

To be fair it was a "down the line" type of injury concern.

But even if he eventually needs surgery, his career isn't over because of that, these guys are just too melodramatic about injury. Remember Jay Ajayi.
There's a reason why I was hyping Jack for our first round pick last season. Dude has pretty much every tool you'd want from a linebacker.
He brought the lumber against Houston's TEs.
Can't wait for him to get his first pick and see the other teams offense try to tackle him. He was a beast at RB, Pac 12 freshman offensive and defensive player of the year
Not that the team needs to, but I always wonder how he would do if he played running back on a few plays like he did in college
Pages: 1 2