Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We need a Houston Win this week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Houston is at home against the Flaming Tacks. So A Houston Win combined with a Jaguars win over the Jets will put us is 1st place in the AFC South.

I know it will be hard rooting for the Tinhorns but I don't want the Tacks in 1st place
I'll be rooting for a tie.
Because I can't root for either to win.
wrong Jags just need to worry about themselves,and win thier game. things can fall into place on thier own.
(09-26-2017, 07:47 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Houston is at home against the Flaming Tacks. So A Houston Win combined with a Jaguars win over the Jets will put us is 1st place in the AFC South.

I know it will be hard rooting for the Tinhorns but I don't want the Tacks in 1st place

(09-26-2017, 08:55 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be rooting for a tie.
Because I can't root for either to win.

That's when you employ situational ethics!

Yes, both teams are loathsome and detestable.

But which team's loss benefits the Jaguars most right now?

That's Tennessee.

I can certainly root for Tennessee to lose.
Snowwolf just dropped a pearl of wisdom on you guys. Don't worry about their game. Every team in the league still controls their own destiny at this early stage in the season. The only time you need root for another team is toward the end of the season when playoffs are on the line. You could be rooting for Houston who ends up going on a winning streak and wins the division by 1 game or a tie breaker over us. Pointless at this point.
Easy one for me. I don't actually mind the tinhorns except when playing us. The tacks is a different situation altogether. I have a fair amount of disdain for those...purveyors of cretinism.
TITANS win this game and go to 2-0 in the division. Most of the peeps on this board already predicted the TITANS sweep all afc south teams this season
(09-26-2017, 02:09 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]TITANS win this game and go to 2-0 in the division. Most of the peeps on this board already predicted the TITANS sweep all afc south teams this season

Whatever you're smoking pass it my way please............

Laughing
I just can't see them beating the tacks. I was wrong once though.
Here's the spread

Tennessee -1.5 At Houston
Division road games are never easy, but I expect the Titans to take this one
(09-26-2017, 07:47 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Houston is at home against the Flaming Tacks. So A Houston Win combined with a Jaguars win over the Jets will put us is 1st place in the AFC South.

My first thought was "aint gonna happen", but after this past Sunday where the Texans were in the game until the very end on the road in Foxboro, anything is possible.

My gut feeling is that the Titans are the better team, but... Any Given Sunday.
TITANS win. Jags lose to the jets. Indy who cares they suck
Looks like this week we roll the jets and Houston dominates the tacks, colts meh
the ravens beat up ( after being demoralized) the steelers to be slim pickings for the Jags next week