Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags need roll back playbook vs Jets - loss acceptable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As we saw on a beautiful afternoon in London on Sunday, the Jags benefited immensely from scaling back the playbook against Tennessee the previous week.  With vastly superior talent, the Jags would have rolled the Titans with the normal beautiful symphony that offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett composes, however giving our last fourteen opponents video tape of our full offense would have been a mistake (I have it on good information that opposing teams have access to all of our game tapes!)

We now face another vastly inferior opponent this week in the NY Jets.  Now, traditionalists would say the Jags should throw everything they have at the Jets surely crushing them by 4 or 5 touchdowns.  However, I contend that this is short-sighted.  I would line up in Wildcat for every offensive snap and run off tackle left and off tackle right repeatedly.  Another option would be to pull starters and get some of the hungry younger players some game experience.  A loss is acceptable in as season where there is a significant cushion between the Jags and every other AFC South opponent.  I'm not even sure the Colts will continue to field a team this year.

Its obvious that the floor is AFC Championship and we need to be smart.  If we dominate the NY Wet Paper Airplanes with a full playbook this week and lose to the Steelers, you have your answer on what happened.
(09-26-2017, 12:55 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: [ -> ]As we saw on a beautiful afternoon in London on Sunday, the Jags benefited immensely from scaling back the playbook against Tennessee the previous week.  With vastly superior talent, the Jags would have rolled the Titans with the normal beautiful symphony that offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett composes, however giving our last fourteen opponents video tape of our full offense would have been a mistake (I have it on good information that opposing teams have access to all of our game tapes!)

We now face another vastly inferior opponent this week in the NY Jets.  Now, traditionalists would say the Jags should throw everything they have at the Jets surely crushing them by 4 or 5 touchdowns.  However, I contend that this is short sided.  I would line up in Wildcat for every offensive snap and run off tackle left and off tackle right repeatedly.  Another option would be to pull starters and get some of the hungry younger players some game experience.  A loss is acceptable in as season where there is a significant cushion between the Jags and every other AFC South opponent.  I'm not even sure the Colts will continue to field a team this year.

Its obvious that the floor is AFC Championship and we need to be smart.  If we dominate the NY Wet Paper Airplanes with a full playbook this week and lose to the Steelers, you have your answer on what happened.

Take your foot off the gas against any NFL team and see what happens.

And what cushion are you talking about?  There isn't one...
With the way this defense is playing, you may be on to something.  Wildcat is an interesting twist.  Getting Fournette and Ivory on the field at the same time could pose some serious questions to the Jets...   Have you thought about which would be taking snaps in that scenario?
(09-26-2017, 01:03 PM)DC\s#1JagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]With the way this defense is playing, you may be on to something.  Wildcat is an interesting twist.  Getting Fournette and Ivory on the field at the same time could pose some serious questions to the Jets...   Have you thought about which would be taking snaps in that scenario?

I think there is one obvious choice.  Former QB, elite ability, knows how to get into Jags locker room....  That's right!  Denard Xavier Robinson!
This is gonna be epic
Is this a joke thread?
(09-26-2017, 02:25 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a joke thread?

Not until you showed up.   Banana
(09-26-2017, 02:25 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a joke thread?

Maybe satire is a better word. Still I wish it employed at least one smiley face.
What are you smoking good sir
I liked the floor is AFC championship part.. lol
[Image: 0ODbrYZ.gif]
(09-26-2017, 12:55 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: [ -> ]As we saw on a beautiful afternoon in London on Sunday, the Jags benefited immensely from scaling back the playbook against Tennessee the previous week.  With vastly superior talent, the Jags would have rolled the Titans with the normal beautiful symphony that offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett composes, however giving our last fourteen opponents video tape of our full offense would have been a mistake (I have it on good information that opposing teams have access to all of our game tapes!)

We now face another vastly inferior opponent this week in the NY Jets.  Now, traditionalists would say the Jags should throw everything they have at the Jets surely crushing them by 4 or 5 touchdowns.  However, I contend that this is short-sighted.  I would line up in Wildcat for every offensive snap and run off tackle left and off tackle right repeatedly.  Another option would be to pull starters and get some of the hungry younger players some game experience.  A loss is acceptable in as season where there is a significant cushion between the Jags and every other AFC South opponent.  I'm not even sure the Colts will continue to field a team this year.

What makes you think the team scaled back the playbook?

How many plays are in the playbook?

What percentage of plays in the playbook were used in the first two games?  What was the percentage of plays used in game three?

To me, I saw plays I hadn't seen before from the Jaguars, including the fake reverse TD pass to Marcedes Lewis and the fake punt.
I will have what the OP is having, and quickly please.
Bullseye and Archer cant have the same gif signatures. I watch the thing 17 times every time I see it for craps sake.
(09-27-2017, 07:09 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: [ -> ]Bullseye and Archer cant have the same gif signatures. I watch the thing 17 times every time I see it for craps sake.

I will change mine as soon as I find a suitable replacement gif.
Well I guess this is better than fire/players are awful threads.
(09-27-2017, 07:09 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: [ -> ]Bullseye and Archer cant have the same gif signatures. I watch the thing 17 times every time I see it for craps sake.
Okay, so it's not just me.

A poll: Trolling or head injury?
(09-27-2017, 09:54 AM)Dumptruck Wrote: [ -> ]

A poll: Trolling or head injury?

Well, he's definitely not a troll.
Poor guy.
Pages: 1 2