Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Since we're all eating crow...time to give Fowler his props.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He's played on a whole other level this year.
yup, he's quick, fast, and relentless. He's no Derrick Harvey 2.0.
The result of coaching, motivation and maturity. Throw in discipline, too, as Coach Sprink didn't reign in anybody.
He’s done really well this year. I feel coaching has really helped him. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I won't hold my breath waiting on all those folks that prematurely called him a bust and all those other folks that said he should play SAM to come 'round for their crow.

Personally, I think the Marion Hobby hire and the Campbell signing have been very positive for him developmentally. Glad he's beginning to live up to some of that potential.
I never thought he was a bust - last year was his first year playing - but I was worried.
Glad to come eat a little crow...

I wanted Vic Beasley and still think Beasley would do well in this D but seems Yannick is the similar DPR that Beasley would be.

I hope he continues to mature as that seems like the one thing that could derail DFJ.
Crow does not taste like chicken unfortunately.
(09-26-2017, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I won't hold my breath waiting on all those folks that prematurely called him a bust and all those other folks that said he should play SAM to come 'round for their crow.

I'm here.  I'm not hiding.
I hope to see Ngakoue and Fowler feast on Beachum this Sunday.
Bust
As an FSU fan, I remember his speed when he played against us. You can't teach that. So it was just a matter of him learning a few tricks of the trade. So far, it looks like he's learned his lessons well.
I wasn't one of the many dogging the guy after being injured and then coming back from said injury.
However, had he continued to be noticed more for flags and less for play, the criticism would definitely be warranted.

So far Caldwell's worst picks are bouncing back this season. (except Joker in Seattle and Bradley in San Diego) Hope they continue an upward trend.
(09-26-2017, 03:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2017, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I won't hold my breath waiting on all those folks that prematurely called him a bust and all those other folks that said he should play SAM to come 'round for their crow.

I'm here.  I'm not hiding.

Respect, TRM.
NYC brings up a good point about the Calais Campbell effect. I couldn't guess whether it's true or not but I bet we have all played on a team with "that guy", the one who makes everyone around him better.
I looked up his stats....5 tackles and 2 sacks...meh.  Straight line of zeros against the Titans.  

[Image: IMG_0332.JPG.d6728f3f459d211cea4ad34f8d40bb09.JPG]
(09-26-2017, 05:46 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]I looked up his stats....5 tackles and 2 sacks...meh.  Straight line of zeros against the Titans.  

Tell me in details how you felt when you knew your team was back to the playoffs last year until having them crushed by the terrible Jaguars?
(09-26-2017, 05:52 PM)oQuarterback Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2017, 05:46 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]I looked up his stats....5 tackles and 2 sacks...meh.  Straight line of zeros against the Titans.  

Tell me in details how you felt when you knew your team was back to the playoffs last year until having them crushed by the terrible Jaguars?

Wow you live a sad existence if that's what gets you ----------edit by mod---------------  It sucked.  I felt a little like Clark Griswold throwing a fit after opening his Christmas bonus only to find out he got enrolled in a jelly of the month club.
Personally I never saw the bust in him, even last year he was in the backfield a lot but seemed to over run plays, it was quite clear with good coaching he could fix it, and he has.

You're whole team as 5 sacks. His stats are better than anyone on your defense.
Pages: 1 2