Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Record $135 billion a year for illegal immigration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And the Wall cost how must? About 10 Billion so you can see the savings from building The Wall and Deporting them All

Record $135 billion a year for illegal immigration, average $8,075 each, $25,000 in NY

The swelling population of illegal immigrants and their kids is costing American taxpayers $135 billion a year, the highest ever, driven by free medical care, education and a huge law enforcement bill, according to the the most authoritative report on the issue yet.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/record...le/2635757
(09-27-2017, 05:34 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]And the Wall cost how must? About 10 Billion so you can see the savings from building The Wall and Deporting them All

Record $135 billion a year for illegal immigration, average $8,075 each, $25,000 in NY

The swelling population of illegal immigrants and their kids is costing American taxpayers $135 billion a year, the highest ever, driven by free medical care, education and a huge law enforcement bill, according to the the most authoritative report on the issue yet.

From my understanding, the wall isn't gonna cost us a red cent, because Trump promised Mexico would pay for it. We're just waiting for them to send us the check and construction can begin. Banana 

[Image: CbmRIPUUAAEQWZE.jpg]
(09-27-2017, 05:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2017, 05:34 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]And the Wall cost how must? About 10 Billion so you can see the savings from building The Wall and Deporting them All

From my understanding, the wall isn't gonna cost us a red cent, because Trump promised Mexico would pay for it. We're just waiting for them to send us the check and construction can begin. Banana 

[Image: CbmRIPUUAAEQWZE.jpg]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...706730001/
I dont give a flyin damn who pays for the wall. Build the damn thing already.
(09-27-2017, 06:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I dont give a flyin damn who pays for the wall. Build the damn thing already.

I do. Trump promised that the Mexicans would pay for it. It was his main campaign promise. No Mexicans paying for it? No wall. The American tax payers have more important things to deal with. If he wants a wall so bad and Mexico won't pay, he and his billionaire buddies can pay for it. He's the one that promised American tax payers wouldn't pay for it.
(09-27-2017, 09:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2017, 06:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I dont give a flyin damn who pays for the wall. Build the damn thing already.

I do. Trump promised that the Mexicans would pay for it. It was his main campaign promise. No Mexicans paying for it? No wall. The American tax payers have more important things to deal with. If he wants a wall so bad and Mexico won't pay, he and his billionaire buddies can pay for it. He's the one that promised American tax payers wouldn't pay for it.

If this $135 billion figure is accurate, you wouldn't consider that important? What are some of the things more important than what would have been 13% of the per-year average for Obama in regards to spending?
Cut the defense budget in half. There're some serious savings to be had there.
(09-28-2017, 12:24 AM)dkouchev Wrote: [ -> ]Cut the defense budget in half. There're some serious savings to be had there.

There's a lot of waste in the defense budget, just like there's a lot of waste in every federal spending program. I see the wall as a cost-effective defense measure, and it should be part of the defense budget.
(09-28-2017, 12:24 AM)dkouchev Wrote: [ -> ]Cut the defense budget in half. There're some serious savings to be had there.

Agreed. According to Forbes, we spend more in defense than the next 8 countries combined. That's too much.
(09-27-2017, 11:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2017, 09:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I do. Trump promised that the Mexicans would pay for it. It was his main campaign promise. No Mexicans paying for it? No wall. The American tax payers have more important things to deal with. If he wants a wall so bad and Mexico won't pay, he and his billionaire buddies can pay for it. He's the one that promised American tax payers wouldn't pay for it.

If this $135 billion figure is accurate, you wouldn't consider that important? What are some of the things more important than what would have been 13% of the per-year average for Obama in regards to spending?

Why do so many of you on this board keep bringing up Obama and Hillary and Bill or who ever? That was the past. It's time to move on. They're gone. I wasn't a fan of Obama either, but this is getting ridiculous! It's like some of you guys suffered PTSD from his presidency. Move on. We're dealing with the now, not what was. As far as a $135 billion, that's for President Trump to figure out. He's the one that promised we wouldn't have to pay for the wall. I just want him to be a man and keep his promise. That was the main platform that he ran on. He said it in every campaign speech. " Mexico will pay for the wall." Just live up to his word.
Lol ..... they're too busy ramping up more troops to send to Afghanistan.

Sorry, things change but I'm sure that Iranian Agreement is going to get torn up someday too .....

I'm so curious to know what you do for a living.  Something tells me you're an older (bitter) person living off of government subsidies.
(09-28-2017, 02:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2017, 11:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]If this $135 billion figure is accurate, you wouldn't consider that important? What are some of the things more important than what would have been 13% of the per-year average for Obama in regards to spending?

Why do so many of you on this board keep bringing up Obama and Hillary and Bill or who ever? That was the past. It's time to move on. They're gone. I wasn't a fan of Obama either, but this is getting ridiculous! It's like some of you guys suffered PTSD from his presidency. Move on. We're dealing with the now, not what was. As far as a $135 billion, that's for President Trump to figure out. He's the one that promised we wouldn't have to pay for the wall. I just want him to be a man and keep his promise. That was the main platform that he ran on. He said it in every campaign speech. " Mexico will pay for the wall." Just live up to his word.

Pay attention here, but Obama wasn't the point of my post.

I brought in his debt amount because he's the last President to add to it. He's the only reference point I have right now.

So, now that you know why I brought it up, how about replying to the point of it instead?
(09-28-2017, 09:15 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

There's a lot of waste in the defense budget, just like there's a lot of waste in every federal spending program. I see the wall as a cost-effective defense measure, and it should be part of the defense budget.

A physical wall is useless. Don't believe me? Visit San Diego, go out east, and talk to some of the ranchers who put out food and water so that border-crossers don't try to get into their house for those, and they put ladders over their fences so people can cross over without having to destroy the fence.

A physical wall is way too easy to defeat, a virtual wall is too expensive to be as ineffective as it is, and despite Drifter's best efforts, land mines are still highly illegal. The key to reducing illegal immigration involves three things: an easier path to a green card/guest worker permit for those already here and those seeking to come, an economic wall involving large fines and criminal liability for companies or individuals who employ illegal immigrants, and a zero-tolerance policy for those who commit crimes while here as a guest worker and those caught crossing the border illegally.
(09-28-2017, 05:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017, 02:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Why do so many of you on this board keep bringing up Obama and Hillary and Bill or who ever? That was the past. It's time to move on. They're gone. I wasn't a fan of Obama either, but this is getting ridiculous! It's like some of you guys suffered PTSD from his presidency. Move on. We're dealing with the now, not what was. As far as a $135 billion, that's for President Trump to figure out. He's the one that promised we wouldn't have to pay for the wall. I just want him to be a man and keep his promise. That was the main platform that he ran on. He said it in every campaign speech. " Mexico will pay for the wall." Just live up to his word.

Pay attention here, but Obama wasn't the point of my post.

I brought in his debt amount because he's the last President to add to it. He's the only reference point I have right now.

So, now that you know why I brought it up, how about replying to the point of it instead?

When Clinton left office, we didn't have a debt. We had a surplus. 

I think healthcare, jobs, taxes, relief for our own hurricane ravaged states and dealing with strained foreign relations are all more important issues to deal with. We could easily knock down the national debt by cutting some unnecessary military spending, but the far right shuts that idea down every time. We already spend more on defense than the next 8 nations combined. We could slash a ton and still be the top spender by a mile.
(09-28-2017, 06:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017, 05:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Pay attention here, but Obama wasn't the point of my post.

I think healthcare, jobs, taxes, relief for our own hurricane ravaged states and dealing with strained foreign relations are all more important issues to deal with. We could easily knock down the national debt by cutting some unnecessary military spending, but the far right shuts that idea down every time. We already spend more on defense than the next 8 nations combined. We could slash a ton and still be the top spender by a mile.

This is simply not true.  There was a speculated surplus if nothing change and that was not going to happen until several years down the road.  As it was the bubble of the dotcom stocks that were heavily factored into the speculated surplus burst and the so called surplus never happened.  The fact that people still believe there was an actual surplus is an indictment on the media for not dispelling this myth and our education system for not teaching us how baseline budgeting works.
(09-28-2017, 06:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017, 05:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Pay attention here, but Obama wasn't the point of my post.

What?
(09-29-2017, 12:33 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017, 06:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]When Clinton left office, we didn't have a debt. We had a surplus. 

What?

We still had a huge national debt - although back then it was a small fraction of what it is now.  We're so far in debt that we're on the verge of bankruptcy but people are too worried about things like protesting than this serious issues.  

Clinton did have a budget surplus.  

I'm a political independent, but Clinton was able to work with a Republican congress effectively to get things done.  Sure - he had the whole Monica Lewinsky scandal, blah blah blah, but he was effective as President.  

Clinton and Reagan were both more effective than Obama/Trump as far as being able to reach across the aisle and get bi-partisan support to move American forward. 

Now - it's all about one party or the other rather what is best for the average, working class American.  

Republicans, Democrats, liberals, conservatives - they are all the same.  Their ideologies take precedence over what is best.  

Still - you have to think that at some point things will change for the better; Americans can't be kept down.
(09-29-2017, 07:32 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2017, 12:33 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]What?

We still had a huge national debt - although back then it was a small fraction of what it is now.  We're so far in debt that we're on the verge of bankruptcy but people are too worried about things like protesting than this serious issues.  

Clinton did have a budget surplus.  

I'm a political independent, but Clinton was able to work with a Republican congress effectively to get things done.  Sure - he had the whole Monica Lewinsky scandal, blah blah blah, but he was effective as President.  

Clinton and Reagan were both more effective than Obama/Trump as far as being able to reach across the aisle and get bi-partisan support to move American forward. 

Now - it's all about one party or the other rather what is best for the average, working class American.  

Republicans, Democrats, liberals, conservatives - they are all the same.  Their ideologies take precedence over what is best.  

Still - you have to think that at some point things will change for the better; Americans can't be kept down.

They can when the strategy is to end the concept of being American. Globalists on the Right and Globalists on the Left, just a dime's wirth of difference at this point.
(09-29-2017, 07:32 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Now - it's all about one party or the other rather what is best for the average, working class American.  

Agree 100%
Most illegal immigrants didn't sneak across the border. They came in as tourists and never went home. So building a wall is not going to stop illegal immigration.
Pages: 1 2