Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 28th in the league in run defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This stat was surprising. We're 28th against the run but 1st against the pass.

Also 904nette is averging 3.8 ypc....

But we've been blowing teams out so a bit misleading. Also I think the 28th against the run is misleading also as teams are just running out the clock to end the game.
I think some of the run stats are skewed from Collins getting yards during garbage time against backups.
Yeah its a hair over what we should be rated. We let Tennessee run us over late too. We are better than 28th against the run though. We have a top tier defense. I think as the year goes on, hell after this next game, we will be top 20 in run defense. I don't see New York getting much if any production offensively(unless we lay an egg).
TENN ran all over us silly. Let the stats equalize.
Thats a bad sign. Run defense was always a top priority for my teams. This team needs a new head coach. One with 15 years within this division...
(09-28-2017, 12:14 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]TENN ran all over us silly. Let the stats equalize.

Did you read the title only?
Stats have wild swings this early in the season.
(09-28-2017, 01:29 AM)jseymour Wrote: [ -> ]Stats have wild swings this early in the season.

That's true, but early signs show that the Jags could be vulnerable against the run, especially late in games. The strength of the D appears to be vs. the pass and pass rush. The line men are more rush oriented than stout body eaters, sans Abry Jones - who sees the field limitedly due to nickel packages being essentially base in a pass heavy league.  

The linebackers are fast and rangy, to run with pass catchers, or chase runners that break free.  The DBs are more aerial than box hitters.  With the exception of Jones, Poz and Church, the D is structurally comprised of pass D guys.  They will give up sizeable runs here and there, and are more prone to doing so when they wear down, if the offense falters.
Jets should be a good opportunity to lower that stat. Jags need to hold them to under a 100 rushing yards.
I dont care what the stats say. You can tell who is playing well and who isn't.
Forte has turf toe, that should help.
Jags D should flat out dominate the Jets offense. Jags running D moves in the top 10 in run D after this game.
Run defense stat is definitely skewed because of the tack second-half run fest. After watching the Jets/Dolphins game, I can see our defense having another tinhorn like performance. Put Blake in game manager mode for this one.
It's too early to be worried about stats like this. 3 games isn't enough of a sample size to gauge anything.

I fully expect this to even out and this number to drop.
Not worried about this stat at all. Skewed by titans game
Definitely misleading because of last week's win and the big lead we had.
(09-28-2017, 12:55 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a bad sign. Run defense was always a top priority for my teams. This team needs a new head coach. One with 15 years within this division...

Nice !!!   I just posted the job requirements on monster.com and indeed.com

I'm sure there must be somebody out there that meets the 15 years head coaching requirements (within the division)   Laughing
(09-28-2017, 11:30 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]Forte has turf toe is old as dirt, that should help.

FTFY.