Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Great NY Post article on the Jets interest in Marrone back in 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://nypost.com/2017/09/28/doug-marron...-get-away/

There is no doubt in my mind, that nothing would please Doug better than beating the living **** out of the Jets on Sunday. Heres another article from ESPN. I think the Jags replicate their week 3 efforts this week and blow out the Jets

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/p...or-revenge
I can see how Marrone wouldn't interview well. He has a "here I am, this is me, take it or leave it" approach.

That worked here because he had an extended interview as interim, and because he was paired with Coughlin - whom Marrone is very vocal about admiring/valuing.

Having lived amongst millions of Jets fans for 14 years, I can also tell you that they are very untrusting of Woody Johnson. If Marrone comes away with the win Sunday, the NYJ faithful will be vocal about questioning the Bowles hire.

Really though, I think the Jets are one good draft and a couple of big FA signings away from being strong in their division again.
He reportedly didn't interview very well because Woody Johnson asked him a bunch of questions about the Manish Mehta's hit piece
I think the Jets will bring a safety in the box to stop LF.
Blake really needs to have a good game
(09-28-2017, 02:55 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Jets will bring a safety in the box to stop LF.

Sure they will at times, but they won't be impossible to run against IMO. 
 I can see the Jags averaging 4 yards per attempt with just some solid help in the blocking game from Lewis and Bohanon. 

30 attempts for 120-130 yards should be enough that they don't need Blake to be a super star.
It's funny to me that part of the reason given for not hiring Marrone was that Buffalo people told the Jets not to hire him.

So it was basically, "We're mad as hell he's leaving us, but he's so bad there's no way you guys should hire him!"

(09-28-2017, 03:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017, 02:55 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Jets will bring a safety in the box to stop LF.

Sure they will at times, but they won't be impossible to run against IMO. 
 I can see the Jags averaging 4 yards per attempt with just some solid help in the blocking game from Lewis and Bohanon. 

30 attempts for 120-130 yards should be enough that they don't need Blake to be a super star.

Bortles: 25-32, 295, 4TDs