Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Meet the winningest coach in Jaguars history
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tom Coughlin is 68-60 as the Jaguars coach = .531
Jack Del Rio is 68-71 as the Jaguars coach = .489
Mel Tucker is 2-3 as the Jaguars coach = .400
Mike Mularkey is 2-14 as the Jaguars coach = .125
Gus Bradley is 14-48 as the Jaguars coach = .226
Doug Marrone is 3-2 as the Jaguars coach = .600
Ugh Gus
lol. Mularkey got a bad shake here, I'd be salty about the situation I was put in here if I were him. Gus Bradley in my mind is the worst NFL head coach of all time. lol. Feelsbad
I'm not gonna be comfortable until you organize this list.
It's chronological.....
(09-28-2017, 11:05 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]It's chronological.....

... by winning percentage.
He's about to be 4-2 (.667).
Percentage records for such small sample sizes are worthless. The only Jag coaches that should be allowed in any type of comparison between each other should be Coughlin, Del Rio, and Bradley.

...and be accurate, the title of "Winningest Coach in Jaguars History" would belong to Tom Coughlin. Counting postseason wins, he edges Del Rio by a few.

From Mirriam-Webster:

Definition of winningest = having achieved the most wins
Marrone could pass Bradley in wins by Week 6 or 7 next year.

(Well he could do it earlier than that, but that's my current prediction without knowing next year's schedule)
(09-28-2017, 10:19 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Tom Coughlin is 68-60 as the Jaguars coach = .531
Jack Del Rio is 68-71 as the Jaguars coach = .489
Mel Tucker is 2-3 as the Jaguars coach = .400
Mike Mularkey is 2-14 as the Jaguars coach = .125
Gus Bradley is 14-48 as the Jaguars coach = .226
Doug Marrone is 3-2 as the Jaguars coach = .600

I'd love to know their records in September.  

I know I've stated it before, but the 1-13 record Gus compiled was extremely disheartening.  I got so immune to losing that it felt really weird to be nervous this past Sunday as the Jags were kicking off vs the Ravens at 9:30am

(09-29-2017, 11:15 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone could pass Bradley in wins by Week 6 or 7 next year.

(Well he could do it earlier than that, but that's my current prediction without knowing next year's schedule)

He already has more wins in September 

Marrone - 2
Gus - 1
Gus has one of the lowest win percentages of all time with over 50 games coached
IDK about Marrone, his winning percentage was much better after the first game of the season. Really went downhill after that.