Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rumor of new uniforms next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
People are being told this on stadium tours. Rumor is teal will be back and Coughlin wants more "traditional" uniforms, and he hates the gold.
(09-29-2017, 02:06 AM)Vino Wrote: [ -> ]People are being told this on stadium tours. Rumor is teal will be back and Coughlin wants more "traditional" uniforms, and he hates the gold.

The original uniforms were best. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
YESSS who knew Coughlin was also a man of fine taste??? (Although I guess I should’ve known this by his Pablo Casals reference in his opening address)

The practice jerseys we have look waaaaay better than our current uniforms, which look like they were designed by some aesthically deprived fan making a custom team in Madden.

Although I’m not a fan of the teal color being dominant in our old uni’s, the simpler we can make it the more timeless the jerseys will feel. I’ve always thought the Patriots have had the best jerseys, so clean and simple, which is the hallmark of ANY great Flag btw.
Good. Like the Teal.
I must confess that the black on black uniform has really grown on me, I like the white on white too, the helmet not so much.
Just go back to the old uniform with the new logo.
I can live with the uniform change....just get RID of the helmets, for God's sake, if not for the fans' sakes...
(09-29-2017, 06:14 AM)Nikowho Wrote: [ -> ]I can live with the uniform change....just get RID of the helmets, for God's sake, if not for the fans' sakes...

This. The rest of the uniform is not necessarily terrible but the helmets were a huge mistake. They would probably even have been rejected by the XFL. Going back to a more traditional uniform and a solid color for the helmets would be awesome.
Call me crazy but I actually really like the current uniforms. I wouldn't mind a helmet change though.
Not sure how to upload pictures but take a look at the below link for a concept jersey/helmet

https://instagram.com/p/BUPYzNwj8gI/
(09-29-2017, 06:14 AM)Nikowho Wrote: [ -> ]I can live with the uniform change....just get RID of the helmets, for God's sake, if not for the fans' sakes...

I hate the helmets so much...

(09-29-2017, 07:00 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]

This. The rest of the uniform is not necessarily terrible but the helmets were a huge mistake. They would probably even have been rejected by the XFL. Going back to a more traditional uniform and a solid color for the helmets would be awesome.

(09-29-2017, 07:04 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Call me crazy but I actually really like the current uniforms. I wouldn't mind a helmet change though.

Concurring with these sentiments, I stress that the overall uniform is good. But although I have grown accustomed to the helmet, it doesn't mean I like it.

Though I don't care for the two tone look, it might have been more tolerable had they executed it better-like a more gradual change from black to gold or placed differently.

But I'd much rather have the helmets one solid color. Given the overall uniform and logo change, I'd prefer the all gold look.

Now if we were to return to teal as the primary color, I would enthusiastically endorse a return to the 1995-1996 uniforms with the traditional block lettering/numbering...even with the new logo.

But it was always my understanding Mr. Khan was not a fan of those old uniforms and the teal. If this is true, I don't think this ever materializes.
Mason Rudolph is going to look great in those new teal uniforms.
(09-29-2017, 02:06 AM)Vino Wrote: [ -> ]People are being told this on stadium tours. Rumor is teal will be back and Coughlin wants more "traditional" uniforms, and he hates the gold.

Another reason to celebrate Tom’s return.
I know people love the teal, but it was a mistake. This team would be better served to go military green. So many options would open up, and it fits the military theme.
Aren't we changing the uniforms a little often for league rules?

I'll echo others here: the uniform itself has grown on me, but the helmets can go. If the uniforms are to be changed, I'd like to see a shift towards a teal jersey keeping the same design elements otherwise and a solid black helmet.

(09-29-2017, 09:32 AM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]I know people love the teal, but it was a mistake. This team would be better served to go military green. So many options would open up, and it fits the military theme.

There are several military towns in the NFL. None of their teams wear camo because it would look like crap.
Is there a source for this rumor?

The uniforms are fine. They need to change the helmet.
I agree that the current uniforms are OK, but the helmet is incredibly stupid looking. Has anyone admitted they were the person who came up with that idea?

Given a choice I'd prefer the Jags go back to the uniforms of the '90s. If Coughlin is making the decision it has a chance of happening.
(09-29-2017, 10:16 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the current uniforms are OK, but the helmet is incredibly stupid looking. Has anyone admitted they were the person who came up with that idea?

Given a choice I'd prefer the Jags go back to the uniforms of the '90s. If Coughlin is making the decision it has a chance of happening.

I'd love to see the 1995 uniforms trotted back out, even if it's just as a throwback week alternate.
(09-29-2017, 10:25 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2017, 10:16 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the current uniforms are OK, but the helmet is incredibly stupid looking. Has anyone admitted they were the person who came up with that idea?

I'd love to see the 1995 uniforms trotted back out, even if it's just as a throwback week alternate.

That would be a tremendous upgrade, even if it only replaced those damned color rush uniforms.
Pages: 1 2 3