Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: First Quarter Jag-Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Offensive MVP-Cam Robinson-Bortles the QB isn’t it because he has been too inconsistent.  Allen Robinson is certainly missed, and we certainly can see with his absence how important he is to the offense.  But he has hardly played.  Fournette is a consideration, but he hasn’t had the moster game yet, and he is inexplicably taken out of the game so much, it’s hard for him to get in a rhythm.  To me, that leaves Cam Robinson.  By my count, he has only given up one sack thus far.  He has helped to stabilize the pass protection and solidify the running game.

Defensive MVP-I would say Jalen Ramsey.  Consistently shuts down the opposition’s top WR and changes the way we play defense and teams play offense.  Calais Campbell also gets consideration.

Offensive Newcomer of the quarter-  Cam Robinson- Fournette also a consideration, but as above, Robinson has played all the time.

Defensive Newcomer of the quarter-Calais Campbell Campbell has provided the production (5  sacks) and the leadership this team needs.

ST MVP-Nortman

Offensive performance of the quarter (individual)-Bortles’ 4 TD passes vs. Ravens

Defensive performance of the quarter(individual)-Calais Campbell 4 sacks vs. Texans

Team offensive performance of the quarter-  Holding the Texans’ defense in Houston to ZERO sacks and rushing for 100 yards against them was outstanding, and more impressive than scoring 44 against the Ravens.

Team defensive performance of the quarter-29-7 win against the Texans.  10 sacks in one game.  ‘nuff said.

Most improved offensive player-Tie Omameh and Parnell.

Most improved defensive player-Dante Fowler, after four games, he already has three sacks, two forced fumbles, and a fumble return for a TD.  He had all of four sacks last year.  Also considered-Myles Jack.

Most disappointing offensive player:  Bortles.

Most disappointing defensive player:  Abry Jones-Perhaps this is unfair, but I expected him to be more of a factor against the run.

Offensive play of the quarter:  The fake reverse TD pass to Marcedes Lewis against Baltimore.

Defensive play of the quarter:  Fowler’s return for a TD against Houston.  Nice combo of pressure by Ngakoue (who is quite good at forcing fumbles on QBs), alertness and hustle by Fowler.  Also considered:  the INTs by Bouye and Ramsey

Most pleasant surprise-team offense:  The pass protection of the OL.  The team has been improving in sacks allowed every year since Marrone has been here, but it has exceeded expectations giving up an average of one sack a game.

Most pleasant surprise-team defense:  The pass rush has shown improvement across the board.  Three linemen (Ngakoue, Campbell and Fowler) are all on pace for double digit sacks.

Biggest disappointment-team offense:  The passing game.  Leaving the preseason, we looked like we had an embarrassment of riches at the receiver position.  After four games, it looks like a weakness again.  The run blocking also gets consideration here.  Fournette hasn't had the monster game yet, but anyone watching him should be able to see he is a stud who isn't getting the blocking.

Biggest disappointment-team defense:  The run defense.  That performance against the Jets was an abomination.
I like this. I won't do as many as you but here's a few.

Offensive MVP: Fournette. Fairly clear at this point.
Defensive MVP:Campbell/Yannick. These dudes are monsters on the pass rush.
Biggest surprise (positive): Jack. He's been unreal.
Biggest surprise (negative): Lee. He has been flat out terrible. Thought he would be on par with his performance from last year.
Most Improved O: Parnell.
Most Improved D: Fowler.
(10-04-2017, 08:31 AM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]I like this. I won't do as many as you but here's a few.

Offensive MVP: Fournette. Fairly clear at this point.
Defensive MVP:Campbell/Yannick. These dudes are monsters on the pass rush.
Biggest surprise (positive): Jack. He's been unreal.
Biggest surprise (negative): Lee. He has been flat out terrible. Thought he would be on par with his performance from last year.
Most Improved O: Parnell.
Most Improved D: Fowler.

It was tempting to name Fournette offensive MVP.

A TD in each game thus far and gets very tough yardage with little to no room.  Is generally responsible for putting Bortles in favorable down and distance situations.

Lee has been a disappointment thus far.  Has to be disappointing for himself, considering he is in a contract year.
Yay participation trophies!

It's like Bradley is back!

jk jk

What a solid team we've built.... despite a few key misses in drafts
(10-04-2017, 11:25 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]What a solid team we've built.... despite a few key misses in drafts

Given his performance thus far this year, does Fowler constitute a "miss?"

Who would you list as the "key misses" at this point?
(10-04-2017, 11:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2017, 11:25 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]What a solid team we've built.... despite a few key misses in drafts

Given his performance thus far this year, does Fowler constitute a "miss?"

Who would you list as the "key misses" at this point?
Biggest misses:
Joker, Bortles and Bradley (albeit not through the draft)

Jury is still out on Fowler. I never rushed to deem him a bust after his injury but his play so far this season has me optimistic.
However... Lee also isn't panning out... and while injuries have hampered him... his play is just so-so when healthy.
Maybe a better QB helps Lee..... I don't know.
Cann isn't really good but you start splitting hairs when getting into 3rd and 4th round guys... never meant to be long term superstars I suppose.
Linder on offense, Cam got killed by Orakpo.
Defense of course is Campbell, Yannick makes big plays but a big reason we cant stop the run.
Offensive MVP: Brandon Linder
Defensive MVP: Calais Campbell
Special Teams MVP: Nortman
Honorable Mention: Jalen Ramsey
Biggest Suprise: Cam Robinson
Biggest Dissapointment: Bortles
Most Improved Offense: Chris Ivory
Most Improved Defense: Myles Jack
The MVP has been Fournette but damn Cam Robinson is a close second. Literally playing like the top 15 pick he was predicted to be. We got lucky that his off the field thing scared people off a bit.
Offensive MVP - Fournette

Denfensive MYP - Campbell, Ramsey a very close 2nd

Most improve offense - Parnell, no more is he the weak link on the oline

Most improved defense - I have to give co awards for this one and it goes to Fowler and Jack

Most disappointment for defense - Jackson easily for me, he isnt getting much pressure and getting pushed around in the run game.  Not to mention his huge contract.  I dont think he will be here much longer.  

Most disappointment for offense - Lee, it will be his last year here

Most impressive for offense - Robinson, I thought he would be good just didnt think he would be this good that quick and has went against the best defenders in the league week after
week

Most impressive for defense- Gipson, starting to play like his days in Cle. before injury