Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Poz Fined by the NFL for Taunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should have been a penalty on the blindside hit NFL= Idiots

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...g-penalty/
I wish there was a transcript of what he said. Knowing plz he probably was trying to teach the guy not to be a tool and his play could get people injured.
(10-06-2017, 05:15 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I wish there was a transcript of what he said. Knowing Poz he probably was trying to teach the guy not to be a tool and his play could get people injured.

Even if there was, I doubt the NFL would want to release it.
Poz really did go off on the guy. I understand that the guy did something illegal and Poz was letting him know it, but that was easily taunting. 
(10-06-2017, 05:15 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I wish there was a transcript of what he said. Knowing plz he probably was trying to teach the guy not to be a tool and his play could get people injured.

I'm with 02 on this one. It really looked like taunting when they finally showed the replay.

On a side note, I never get tired of watching your signature.
(10-06-2017, 06:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Poz really did go off on the guy. I understand that the guy did something illegal and Poz was letting him know it, but that was easily taunting. 

Could you lipread what Poz said?

I understand talking to an opponent like that when he is down out of bounds is taunting, but it must have been really bad for him to get fined.
I dunno. Getting angry at someone for a cheap shot doesn't fit the definition of taunting. But as usual with the refs it's the second action that gets noticed. I don't think that's going to become a regular thing with Poz.
(10-06-2017, 06:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno. Getting angry at someone for a cheap shot doesn't fit the definition of taunting. But as usual with the refs it's the second action that gets noticed. I don't think that's going to become a regular thing with Poz.

It absolutely wont become a regular thing with Poz. I believe he said that was the first time in his entire career that he has ever gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty.

He got hit by a bit of a cheap shot. Got upset and caught up in the moment and let the other guy know how he felt.

Poz said that, that was the hardest hes been hit in a long time.
(10-06-2017, 07:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2017, 06:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno. Getting angry at someone for a cheap shot doesn't fit the definition of taunting. But as usual with the refs it's the second action that gets noticed. I don't think that's going to become a regular thing with Poz.

It absolutely wont become a regular thing with Poz. I believe he said that was the first time in his entire career that he has ever gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty.

He got hit by a bit of a cheap shot. Got upset and caught up in the moment and let the other guy know how he felt.

Poz said that, that was the hardest hes been hit in a long time.

It was definitely uncharacteristic of Poz, especially being a team captain for several years. I rarely hear his number called for any kind of penalty. After being in the NFL this long, he's not going to become a trash talker.
(10-06-2017, 05:15 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I wish there was a transcript of what he said. Knowing plz he probably was trying to teach the guy not to be a tool and his play could get people injured.

Quote:Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
(10-06-2017, 06:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Poz really did go off on the guy. I understand that the guy did something illegal and Poz was letting him know it, but that was easily taunting. 

It was something but after the "illegal" hit taunting just doesn't feel right.  Showing your anger and frustration after such an action especially after video review of the entire incident: being fined seems harsh especially after that incident cost you the game.
(10-06-2017, 09:32 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]It was something but after the "illegal" hit taunting just doesn't feel right. Showing your anger and frustration after such an action especially after video review of the entire incident: being fined seems harsh especially after that incident cost you the game.

If it was really an illegal hit, the Poz had a good reason to get mad.  I don't blame him at all. But he has been playing long enough to know what is not okay to tell an opponent.

Apparently, finger-pointing can be considering taunting, so who knows what they came up with.

If Pryor can get out of shooting the bird to a fan, likely because the NFL thinks he was provoked, then Poz should get some sort of forgiveness too.
(10-06-2017, 11:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]

Apparently, finger-pointing can be considering taunting, so who knows what they came up with.

If Pryor can get out of shooting the bird to a fan, likely because the NFL thinks he was provoked, then Poz should get some sort of forgiveness too.

Finger-pointing is not always taunting. If Poz pointed his finger at a player who was down while staring at him, yeah, that's bad. But a player can look at the opponent's sideline while pointing to a player who could not get up (which obviously was not the case with Poz).
How often do players get fined for going off on a guy for a blindside hit to the back.
Maybe my memory is bad, but I'm having a hard time remembering someone being fined for taunting
(10-06-2017, 06:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you lipread what Poz said?

I understand talking to an opponent like that when he is down out of bounds is taunting, but it must have been really bad for him to get fined.

Not on this board.
First “non sportsmanlike” penalty he’s had in a decade-long career, comes after a cheap/probably illegal shot he took. He gets fined. I’m sure he’ll handle it with class but that’s a shame.

For the record, I do think he overreacted given the timing- I think off-setting penalties would’ve been fair. But to rub it in further with the fine is either: ridiculous; or a thinly-veiled attempt to protect what was an iffy call in the first place.
Lol

(10-07-2017, 12:32 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe my memory is bad, but I'm having a hard time remembering someone being fined for taunting

From the way I understand it there are a lot of fines given out for stuff, they just aren't really publicized unless it was something crazy, like vontez berfict style stuff
(10-07-2017, 12:32 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe my memory is bad, but I'm having a hard time remembering someone being fined for taunting

Players have been fined for making obscene gestures, which go along the same lines. But taunting the way Poz did? I can't remember that happening either.
Pages: 1 2