Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags first place in afc south
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard it's the first time since 1998 jags have been first place in our division after 5 weeks. We currently have the tie breaker over Houston if they happen to win today

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
tacks lost today too!
Hopefully HOU does too
3:39 left in OT

49ers 23
Colts 23

LOL
My thorough review of the game:

That was fun.

The end.
Not only that but...... I just checked the standings for the enitre NFL, The Jags have the HIGHEST Net points at 56, Chiefs are #2 with 53
The path to winning the division will rely upon staying healthy, and avoiding critical mistakes. With major injuries on the Houston roster, Tennessee stumbling with Mariota out, and Indy sucking without Luck, the Jags are truly in control of their own destiny.

If they go from worst to first, Marrone and Coughlin deserve tons of credit.
(10-09-2017, 08:48 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]The path to winning the division will rely upon staying healthy, and avoiding critical mistakes.  With major injuries on  the Houston roster, Tennessee stumbling with Mariota out, and Indy sucking without Luck, the Jags are truly in control of their own destiny.

If they go from worst to first, Marrone and Coughlin deserve tons of credit.

Absolutely those 2 guys deserve the most credit as they have changed the culture of this team. Marrone's sideline demeanor reminds me a little of Bellichek- very little emotion and totally business-like. 

I think we have to give Caldwell some credit, also. Throw out the drafting of Blake and hiring/extension of Bradley (2 incredibly huge blunders) and look at the guys he was mostly responsible for acquiring: Ramsay, Jack, Yannick, Fowler (looking much better), Telvin and Robinson. Although Coughlin made the final decisions on last year's free agents and draft picks, we also have to give Caldwell at least some credit for drafting Fournette, Cam and Westbrook and the best one year free agent haul of ANY TEAM in recent memory. As someone who wanted him fired for those major blunders, I must praise him for the good things he has done.
Congrats on beating down the squeelers. Looks like it will be the jags/texans fighting for this division. Titans are soft
(10-08-2017, 04:24 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully HOU does too

Not only did Houston lose the game, but they also lost their best two defenders. I never like injuries, but that double whammy guarantees only one team is a threat to steal the AFCS from us.
Week 6...
Rams at Jags
Browns at Texans
Colts at Titans

Looking one week at a time....week 6 looks good