Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: is our defense elite yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
edit: nvm

uhhh I dont remember making this thread, how am I the OP???
Ok so I know we got ran all over against Ten. But if you take away those 2 long runs vs the NYJ, would you say we are an elite defense yet?

Or maybe on the brink? Or nah?

Fowler has sacks in as many games
Yannick is a terror off the edge
Campbell is playing out of his mind
Bouye, Gip, Ramsey, and Church are the best secondary in the league.

We have the fastest Linebackers in the NFL. 

I'd say if you take atleast the 1 long run back vs NY then we're elite. But elite defenses don't give up plays like that. Man just think....we could be 4-1 right now....but I'll take 3-2.
Yes, now the jags just neef a qb
We are the 2007 Jags again. Great running game. Great defense. Bad QB.
Potential and talent wise, right there. I think we are close but vulnerable to the run. Kind of the compromise I guess when you have a concentration on speed versus size. I’m still waiting for back to back wins.
It's hard for me to call a defense that was lit up by the Tennessee Titans "elite". We haven't really seen a top-tier offense yet (Houston started Savage). Here's what I do know: we have some outstanding players on our defense. We have a lot of speed and a lot of depth, and eight of our 11 starters are 27 years old or younger.

We might not have an elite defense tonight, but this is a team that's dying for a chance to face some high-powered offenses.
That bad QBs legs got us a win in Pittsburgh that year and Blake has shown no reservations on his body in order to get a first
Is this really a question? Best TO margin in the league 3 TDS scored last two weeks. 10 sacks week 1. Clearly elite. It’s a Super Bowl quality defense
Heading in that direction. They still have some things to clean up, but they’re getting close.
We are certainly a cold weather team. We can run it but we can stop it sometimes.

Vic would be smiling.
(10-08-2017, 09:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We are the 2007 Jags again. Great running game. Great defense. Bad QB.

What a load of garbage. Garrard was not a bad QB. If we had even just Garrard on this team we'd be running away with the division and maybe even undefeated.
The thing which excites me about this defense is the youth. As good as they are now, they will only get better once guys like Jack, Fowler and Yannick get more experience. Poz is the only guy who is unlikely to be back unless Colvin leaves in free agency. Although admittedly biased, I would take the Jaguars defense over any other in the league due to the combination of talent and youth.
(10-08-2017, 10:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2017, 09:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We are the 2007 Jags again. Great running game. Great defense. Bad QB.

What a load of garbage. Garrard was not a bad QB. If we had even just Garrard on this team we'd be running away with the division and maybe even undefeated.

Blake numbers are better than Garrards across the board and we're also running away with the division with Blake as well.
(10-08-2017, 09:20 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard for me to call a defense that was lit up by the Tennessee Titans "elite". We haven't really seen a top-tier offense yet (Houston started Savage). Here's what I do know: we have some outstanding players on our defense. We have a lot of speed and a lot of depth, and eight of our 11 starters are 27 years old or younger.

We might not have an elite defense tonight, but this is a team that's dying for a chance to face some high-powered offenses.

I would think Pittsburgh is considered a top tier offense (Big Ben, Antonio Brown, and Leveon Bell)
(10-08-2017, 10:59 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2017, 10:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]What a load of garbage. Garrard was not a bad QB. If we had even just Garrard on this team we'd be running away with the division and maybe even undefeated.

Blake numbers are better than Garrards across the board and we're also running away with the division with Blake as well.

Garrard is easily better than Blake right now and it's not even a competition.
(10-08-2017, 11:33 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2017, 10:59 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]Blake numbers are better than Garrards across the board and we're also running away with the division with Blake as well.

Garrard is easily better than Blake right now and it's not even a competition.

Ya'll need to stop making David Garrard like some folk hero because that wasn't the case with this franchise. So please enlighten me how he's so better than blake and never even approach the numbers blake has in his career.
Yes the defense embarrassed 3 teams already, two with Super Bowl winning QBs

Even the elite defenses over the years had games where the gave up a lot of yards, its still a small sample size but they have been all over the place
Garrard atleast went to a Pro Bowl didn't he?
He also had a year where he only threw 3 picks. I think he led the league in qbr. And had the highest completion percentage in the 4th quarter. Not sure on that last one. He also took us to the playoffs twice. Once when Byron went down and again in 2007.
LOL No
(10-08-2017, 11:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Garrard atleast went to a Pro Bowl didn't he?
He also had a year where he only threw 3 picks. I think he led the league in qbr. And had the highest completion percentage in the 4th quarter. Not sure on that last one. He also took us to the playoffs twice. Once when Byron went down and again in 2007.

Well Blake was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2015 but was ineligible to go based on his injured thumb thanks Luke Joeckel. Blake had broken every franchise-record in the history of this franchise except for completion percentage and now he's winning but people still is not satisfied with it but during David Garard tenure they couldn't wait to run him out of town.
Pages: 1 2 3