Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did Gip get a penalty when he threw the ball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry guys, I didn't see that particular play until after the game. I absolutely loved the passion he showed by throwing the ball. That basically said "I told you not to throw my way"!

But was he flagged? Will he be fined?

Easily the best secondary in the league. Gipson has turned it around since Cyp is gone.
He got a delay-of-game penalty no big deal
He actually might get fined.

Because Goodell is pretty clueless.
I liked it. Years of frustration playing against the Steelers.
5 yard dealy of game. Meh. I do want to see one hit the pools at home though. Looking at you Linder!
I am not worried about it. He was one of the players who intercepted Ben Roesthlisberger.
5 Yard Penalty and extremely premature.  I was pissed because I thought it was going to be a 15-yard misconduct penalty.

Gip's int occurred with 4:41 when the score was 23-9.  The Steelers got the back back with 4:28 and got a TD called back at the 3:37 mark which would have made it 23-16.  Gip went on to get another int 2 plays later to seal the game (due to Pitt burning them timeouts already) but hopefully they can maintain composure in the future when the game is still on the line.

This reminded me of the ole days watching the Jags vs Manning in a sense that I wasn't comfortable with a 14 point lead pretty much until the 3-minute mark when we took possession and the opponent was out of time outs.
(10-09-2017, 09:47 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]I liked it.  Years of frustration playing against the Steelers.

Agree, I think he took this game personal
(10-09-2017, 02:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]5 Yard Penalty and extremely premature.  I was pissed because I thought it was going to be a 15-yard misconduct penalty.

Gip's int occurred with 4:41 when the score was 23-9.  The Steelers got the back back with 4:28 and got a TD called back at the 3:37 mark which would have made it 23-16.  Gip went on to get another int 2 plays later to seal the game (due to Pitt burning them timeouts already) but hopefully they can maintain composure in the future when the game is still on the line.

This reminded me of the ole days watching the Jags vs Manning in a sense that I wasn't comfortable with a 14 point lead pretty much until the 3-minute mark when we took possession and the opponent was out of time outs.

Throwing the ball like that used to not draw a flag at all. The act was never a 15 yard penalty.

I loved seeing the holding on the would-be TD. Although it did not affect who won the game, 30-9 looks a lot better than 30-16.
(10-08-2017, 09:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guys, I didn't see that particular play until after the game. I absolutely loved the passion he showed by throwing the ball. That basically said "I told you not to throw my way"!

But was he flagged? Will he be fined?

Easily the best secondary in the league. Gipson has turned it around since Cyp is gone.

He didn't throw it at a Steeler, he threw it way up in the air.

The delay of game penalty was ticky-tack since his throw didn't actually delay the game, but it was correct.
(10-10-2017, 11:50 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't throw it at a Steeler, he threw it way up in the air.

The delay of game penalty was ticky-tack since his throw didn't actually delay the game, but it was correct.

FYI the NFL rule is calling it delay of game, regardless of whether it actually delays the game.