Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Leonard Fournette will be on the Dan Patrick Show this morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always watch the show and was surprised when he said, "Leonard Fournette to be on the show later"

I'm not sure the exact time, but there is only 2 hours left of the show.

EDIT: They said he will be on at 11:35 AM Eastern.
I did not know about this. What did Leonard Fournette say?
I will post the video here now but wanted to tell a funny story before I do. So I live in Tennessee. About 1-2 months ago, I was wearing a Jaguars hoodie in my complex when a lady pulled up close by to throw away some trash. She saw my hoodie, and said "oh I like you are Jaguars fan because I know one of their players!". This sparked my curiosity so I said, "oh yeah, who is that?". She said it's one of her brother's best friends and she said "oh his name is Booga". I laughed and said I had no idea who this was without a real name...I looked down at her license plate and noticed a New Orleans Saints license plate holder. She then looked in the car and said to a friend, "hey, what's Booga's name?" And she looked at me and said, "oh yeah Leonard Fournette". It dawned on me right when I saw the license plate holder.

Fast forward today. 10 minutes before Fournette was going to be on the Dan Patrick Show, the Danettes started talking about Fournette's first name and said, "I wonder if he has a nickname?". I quickly called and emailed the Dan Patrick Show and said it might be "Booga" and told them about my story. Needless to say, I didn't get a response. And then sure enough Dan Patrick asked Fournette right away what his nickname was. Looks like the lady's story to me about knowing him panned out when his first nickname he mentioned was "Booga". Smile

Wow, that is a weird story.
He has said promising things in each interview....

After Houston thanking God repeatedly and talking about Hurricane survivors

During this interview when asked about buying anything interesting... No I have to [save money] and also not idolizing/emulating people growing up because he was outside playing.

Nice!!!!
OK. I have to ask this. I understand running out the clock and all, but why in the world would coaches want him to fall down?
(10-09-2017, 01:15 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: [ -> ]OK.  I have to ask this.  I understand running out the clock and all, but why in the world would coaches want him to fall down?

Basically you go to the 1 yard line and fall down so you milk the clock.  Coaches don't care about stats they want wins and taking the ball out of the opposing teams hands is huge.
(10-09-2017, 04:18 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 01:15 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: [ -> ]OK.  I have to ask this.  I understand running out the clock and all, but why in the world would coaches want him to fall down?

Basically you go to the 1 yard line and fall down so you milk the clock.  Coaches don't care about stats they want wins and taking the ball out of the opposing teams hands is huge.

The game was already over at that point. Let him take it in for the points scored tiebreakers.
(10-09-2017, 04:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 04:18 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Basically you go to the 1 yard line and fall down so you milk the clock.  Coaches don't care about stats they want wins and taking the ball out of the opposing teams hands is huge.

The game was already over at that point. Let him take it in for the points scored tiebreakers.

This is a good point.

It would be interesting to know how many coaches in the NFL wouldn't take the points in that situation.
(10-09-2017, 04:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]The game was already over at that point. Let him take it in for the points scored tiebreakers.

The game was obviously not over, but at that point there is no reason to rub it in for statistical purposes. I loved it when we dropped a 50 burger on the Colts. I also like coaches not always wanting to run up the score just because they can.
(10-09-2017, 04:18 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it's really dumb for a coaching staff, that ran a fake punt when we were up 37-0, to ask a rookie to fall down on purpose on what could be the longest touchdown run of his career.

Especially when a TD would put us up by THREE TOUCHDOWNS. I mean, who cares about whether we can take a knee and run out the clock at that point? There's no NEED for that kind of stuff.
(10-09-2017, 05:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 04:18 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Basically you go to the 1 yard line and fall down so you milk the clock.  Coaches don't care about stats they want wins and taking the ball out of the opposing teams hands is huge.

I think it's really dumb for a coaching staff, that ran a fake punt when we were up 37-0, to ask a rookie to fall down on purpose on what could be the longest touchdown run of his career.

Especially when a TD would put us up by THREE TOUCHDOWNS.   I mean, who cares about whether we can take a knee and run out the clock at that point?  There's no NEED for that kind of stuff.

This.

It's not as if going up by a 3rd TD was going to hurt this team's chances of putting the game away.
(10-09-2017, 05:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's really dumb for a coaching staff, that ran a fake punt when we were up 37-0, to ask a rookie to fall down on purpose on what could be the longest touchdown run of his career.

Especially when a TD would put us up by THREE TOUCHDOWNS.   I mean, who cares about whether we can take a knee and run out the clock at that point?  There's no NEED for that kind of stuff.

We ended up winning by three touchdowns anyway.

30 - 9 = 21.
(10-09-2017, 05:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 05:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's really dumb for a coaching staff, that ran a fake punt when we were up 37-0, to ask a rookie to fall down on purpose on what could be the longest touchdown run of his career.

We ended up winning by three touchdowns anyway.

30 - 9 = 21.

That's what I'm saying.   There was absolutely no need to ask Fournette to go down on purpose.   Whichever coach did that needs to be corrected.
(10-09-2017, 04:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 04:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]The game was already over at that point. Let him take it in for the points scored tiebreakers.

The game was obviously not over, but at that point there is no reason to rub it in for statistical purposes. 

You think Fournette not taking a knee at the 1 yard line on a run play when up two scores was rubbing it in?
Getting down gives us a better chance to win the game it is a fact. Although the chance of losing still is like 80000/1 or so. If he gets down we just have to take 2 knees and it is over.
(10-09-2017, 05:29 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Getting down gives us a better chance to win the game it is a fact.  Although the chance of losing still is like 80000/1 or so.  If he gets down we just have to take 2 knees and it is over.

Virtually pointless.   I wouldn't take away a guy's touchdown to get that 1 out of 80,000, or whatever chance of losing, out of the realm of possibility.   That's way overthinking it.    They're not going to win when we're 21 points ahead and they haven't scored a TD all game long. 

And besides, events after the TD bear me out.  The Steelers took the kickoff and just handed off and ran out the clock.   They weren't under any illusions that they were going to be able to pull it out.  

(10-09-2017, 05:29 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 04:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The game was obviously not over, but at that point there is no reason to rub it in for statistical purposes. 

You think Fournette not taking a knee at the 1 yard line on a run play when up two scores was rubbing it in?

I think sometimes taking a knee feels more like rubbing it in.   I remember in our first season, we went to Detroit, and they were ahead 44-0, and inside our 10 yard line, and they started taking a knee.  It felt like the little league 10-run rule or something.  It was more humiliating than if they had gone ahead and scored a TD to make it 51-0.
(10-09-2017, 05:29 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 04:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The game was obviously not over, but at that point there is no reason to rub it in for statistical purposes. 

Rubbing it in means running up the score in garbage time.

I also was thinking about Sean McDonough's reaction to Alex Smith taking a knee after the game-ending TD. He said, "The respectful thing to do."
(10-09-2017, 12:49 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]I will post the video here now but wanted to tell a funny story before I do. So I live in Tennessee. About 1-2 months ago, I was wearing a Jaguars hoodie in my complex when a lady pulled up close by to throw away some trash. She saw my hoodie, and said "oh I like you are Jaguars fan because I know one of their players!". This sparked my curiosity so I said, "oh yeah, who is that?". She said it's one of her brother's best friends and she said "oh his name is Booga". I laughed and said I had no idea who this was without a real name...I looked down at her license plate and noticed a New Orleans Saints license plate holder. She then looked in the car and said to a friend, "hey, what's Booga's name?" And she looked at me and said, "oh yeah Leonard Fournette". It dawned on me right when I saw the license plate holder.

Fast forward today. 10 minutes before Fournette was going to be on the Dan Patrick Show, the Danettes started talking about Fournette's first name and said, "I wonder if he has a nickname?". I quickly called and emailed the Dan Patrick Show and said it might be "Booga" and told them about my story. Needless to say, I didn't get a response. And then sure enough Dan Patrick asked Fournette right away what his nickname was. Looks like the lady's story to me about knowing him panned out when his first nickname he mentioned was "Booga". Smile

Literally everyone in Louisiana knows he goes by Booga.