Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars players' comments on Ben Roethlisberger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not to take anything away from our amazing defense, but the Jaguars think Big Ben is older and getting tired.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ired-older
LOL @ Jackson
"Um He still looks good to me"
"I mean.. he did look a little old"
(10-09-2017, 11:54 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]LOL @ Jackson
"Um He still looks good to me"
"I mean.. he did look a little old"

He looks a little old to Barry Church too. "Still looks good" probably refers to his ability to hit Antonio Brown for over 150 yards.
It's all overblown. Quarterbacks look like that when their entire offense is getting dominated. He will have a bounce back game and a bounce back season.

We have a completely anti-Steelers defense. They like to throw deep to their wide receivers and create plays occasionally with Big Ben's feet. Once we stop the run and/or take a lead, that plays completely to our defense's strengths. We are built to stop deep throws and force teams to throw underneath with our zones. Our corners are elite and can make it tough to complete passes to the sidelines to wide receivers. Our Smith/Jack/Fowler/Ngakoue have the speed to prevent Ben from being able to scramble.
(10-09-2017, 02:57 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]It's all overblown. Quarterbacks look like that when their entire offense is getting dominated. He will have a bounce back game and a bounce back season.  

We have a completely anti-Steelers defense.  They like to throw deep to their wide receivers and create plays occasionally with Big Ben's feet.  Once we stop the run and/or take a lead, that plays completely to our defense's strengths.  We are built to stop deep throws and force teams to throw underneath with our zones.  Our corners are elite and can make it tough to complete passes to the sidelines to wide receivers.  Our Smith/Jack/Fowler/Ngakoue have the speed to prevent Ben from being able to scramble.

That would explain Malik Jackson's comments. As for Barry Church, he was right about Big Ben getting tired because somehow we did a good job stopping LeVeon Bell and then they needed to come from behind through the air.
I would still take Big Ben over 15 other QB's in this league. One of them being Bortles
(10-10-2017, 08:08 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I would still take Big Ben over 15 other QB's in this league. One of them being Bortles

We could have had him back in the day, but that would have meant missing out on Reggie Williams celebrations after three yard catches on third and fifteen.
For all Ben looked bad, he still had more yards and TDs than Blake did to Jaguars players.
(10-10-2017, 08:16 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2017, 08:08 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I would still take Big Ben over 15 other QB's in this league. One of them being Bortles

We could have had him back in the day, but that would have meant missing out on Reggie Williams celebrations after three yard catches on third and fifteen.

But we got to see Reggie dancing after everything he did. That's like... 3 celebrations a game!
Reggie Williams is the sky blue comment may still be the most deluded thing I've ever heard.