Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Most entertaining Jaguars' team ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This team is only 3-2 and has yet to string together back to back wins, but I have a hunch they will become the most entertaining team for fans to watch in team history. The 98-99 team was great and had several pro-bowlers, but the attitude that this team plays with, especially the defense, is more fun for me to watch. Jalen Ramsay seems to be the one who gets them going along with Telvin, but their confidence/cockiness is infectious for the rest of the defense. 

As far as the offense, yesterday's "run it down their throats" performance was also great to watch. Even when the Steelers keyed on the run, they couldn't stop Fournette or Ivory. They did this with a rookie left tackle and a center starting his 4th game. The passing game will be limited this year due to Robinson's injury and the guy playing quarterback, but it only needs to be good enough to keep defenses a little honest. Once Westbrook returns, especially with "fresh legs" opponents of the Jaguars will have one more thing to worry about. I believe Bortles can be good enough for the rest of the season for the Jaguars to win the AFC South, especially with the injuries to Watt and Mercilus. 

It is great that our fans have so much to look forward to after so many years of losing!
Definitely the most entertaining team we've had since the late 90s.

The teams with Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Mark Brunell were extremely entertaining.
(10-09-2017, 05:26 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]This team is only 3-2 and has yet to string together back to back wins, but I have a hunch they will become the most entertaining team for fans to watch in team history. The 98-99 team was great and had several pro-bowlers, but the attitude that this team plays with, especially the defense, is more fun for me to watch. Jalen Ramsay seems to be the one who gets them going along with Telvin, but their confidence/cockiness is infectious for the rest of the defense. 

As far as the offense, yesterday's "run it down their throats" performance was also great to watch. Even when the Steelers keyed on the run, they couldn't stop Fournette or Ivory. They did this with a rookie left tackle and a center starting his 4th game. The passing game will be limited this year due to Robinson's injury and the guy playing quarterback, but it only needs to be good enough to keep defenses a little honest. Once Westbrook returns, especially with "fresh legs" opponents of the Jaguars will have one more thing to worry about. I believe Bortles can be good enough for the rest of the season for the Jaguars to win the AFC South, especially with the injuries to Watt and Mercilus. 

It is great that our fans have so much to look forward to after so many years of losing!

There are a lot of entertaining players on this team, especially on defense.  Creating turnovers and long returns are always exciting and momentum changing.

But our passing game has to improve for this team to ascend to the level of entertaining you predict.

I do agree, however, there is finally tangible proof the team is headed in that direction.
Our defense is the most entertaining in a long time, but conservative offensive schemes are not as fun to watch as balanced attacks. When we get Allen Robinson back next year and hopefully have a better QB room, it should be more entertaining on offense.
Entertaining I don't know.

Most swag possibly.
I don’t know. There was a period in the 90s that was all around exciting. Whether it was offense or defense, you always had a feeling something was about to happen to break the game into the Jags favor. Teams actually hated playing the Jags because they got beat up.
Probably not but the most exciting team in a decade? Yup.
(10-10-2017, 12:00 AM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not but the most exciting team in a decade? Yup.

I don't know, we have the most exciting defense when opposing QBs are throwing the ball but not our offense.
1996 was by far and away the most entertaining
(10-10-2017, 12:11 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]1996 was by far and away the most entertaining

After our seventh loss, right?
They got a mention this week on The Good Place. For anyone who doesn't watch the show, one of the characters is from Jacksonville. There are a lot of Jacksonville, Jaguars and Bortles references.

Even though this is typical..... I thought it was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59ItK6d-wQ
Well the defense is something to love and I had my doubts about it. You figure, the weakest starter on the defense is probably Gipson and he isn’t as bad as I thought he was going to be. His struggles in run support are concerning m, but he’s a sting player and benefits from D line. Speaking of the D-Line and the hellacious nightmare that is 6-8 300 pound Calais Campbell, I have coveted his play since we passed on him in the 2008 Draft when we moved up for Harvey. Could you imagine if he had ever played next to Henderson and Stroud in thier prime? Anyway this is clearly the best defensive unit this team has seen since 04-07. It’s unfortunate that they are more exciting than the offense but it is what it is. I feel like if this team can find an available QB before the trade deadline they should. I don’t feel like Hoping that Blake becomes Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer and manages his way to a Super Bowl. I don’t want to go inTo KC in January to watch him give up 4 picks and walk out wading a great defense. We have to play for today because next season , Poz, Campbell and Church might start looking a little older maybe.. Smith might test Free agency , Jacks knee might not hold up. This game can switch over talent very quickly so we have to enjoy it while it’s here and I hope something is done about the QB situation before this defenses moment passes
Probably not the most entertaining but deff the most interesting.
(10-09-2017, 06:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Our defense is the most entertaining in a long time, but conservative offensive schemes are not as fun to watch as balanced attacks. When we get Allen Robinson back next year and hopefully have a better QB room, it should be more entertaining on offense.

It's going to more so predicated on getting a decent QB and Westbrook coming to shine. Robinson is going to end up being #2 around here if Westbrook stays healthy.
Not the "most" - but they are damn sure fun to watch.

[img] https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9w445eE.../giphy.gif[/img]
The good place is a great show and another show that glorifies Jacksonville. There's like 3 now ash vs evil dead did it great

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
(10-10-2017, 12:58 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2017, 06:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Our defense is the most entertaining in a long time, but conservative offensive schemes are not as fun to watch as balanced attacks. When we get Allen Robinson back next year and hopefully have a better QB room, it should be more entertaining on offense.

It's going to more so predicated on getting a decent QB and Westbrook coming to shine. Robinson is going to end up being #2 around here if Westbrook stays healthy.

Not so fast. Dede Westbrook is missing a lot of time before he can start playing in any games that matter so he is lagging behind. It will not be until next year that he fully gets in the groove and develops chemistry with the quarterback.
(10-09-2017, 05:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely the most entertaining team we've had since the late 90s.  

The teams with Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Mark Brunell were extremely entertaining.

Agreed.  Those teams were far more entertaining, but this version is reminding us of what we used to have here.  Once this team has a real QB under center, they'll be just as fun to watch as those teams. With a potent offense, and that defense? It can't help but be entertaining.
The most entertaining defense I can remember for the Jags for sure.
The offense is about as entertaining as watching paint dry for the most part.
[Image: giphy.gif]