Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: David Carr compares Leonard Fournette to Le'Veon Bell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I normally don't care what David Carr thinks about players outside of Oakland, but the Week 6 edition is more noteworthy than usual.

Antonio Brown dropped one spot to #3, but his comments about #8 Le'Veon Bell (emphasis added)  are more interesting.

Quote:Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers

Bell had just 15 carries and less than 100 scrimmage yards in the Steelers' loss. With Ben Roethlisberger throwing five picks Sunday, I'm not sure why Todd Haley didn't run the ball more. If I'm him, I'm giving Bell the rock at least 30 times.

With the Rams coming up next, this is what he said about two of their players:

Quote:Jared Goff, QB, Rams: Goff led a game-winning drive and threw a game-winning touchdown against the Seahawks. Cooper Kupp just dropped it. I'm more and more impressed by this kid with each passing week.

Bad news for the Jaguars, obviously, but we can hope Cooper Kupp drops another one - or better yet, does not get a chance.

Quote:Todd Gurley, RB, Rams: Gurley had his least productive game against the Seahawks with 14 carries for 43 yards and two receptions for 7 yards. He still belongs, but Leonard Fournette is hot on his heels.

OK, I know Seattle has a very good defense, but the Seahawks were missing Cliff Avril. Also, it shows Todd Gurley may not be too hard to stop.  

Did you notice the name of another player in that paragraph? Here is something else Carr wrote about that guy, who is on the outside looking in:

Quote:Leonard Fournette, RB, Jaguars: He reminds me of Le'Veon Bell, and right now, he might be a better version. Fournette's been an instrumental part of the Jags' improved offense, with 28 carries for 181 yards and two touchdowns (one for 90 yards) in an upset win at Pittsburgh.

This is amazing. Although the yardage total is meaningless because 90 yards were on one play, comparing Leonard Fournette to his counterpart - arguably the best RB in the NFL - is high praise for a rookie.

Here is the full list: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ises-to-no-
David Carr doesn't play in Oakland.
Fournette is very different back than Bell. Completely different styles of play IMO.

The rams would be wise to run Gurley 30 times and the squealers were fools not to have continued to use Bell against the Jags.
(10-10-2017, 03:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette is very different back than Bell. Completely different styles of play IMO.  

The rams would be wise to run Gurley 30 times and the squealers were fools not to have continued to use Bell against the Jags.
They probably should have run the ball every time with a 9-7 lead and forced Bortles to take us down and score...
(10-10-2017, 03:21 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2017, 03:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette is very different back than Bell. Completely different styles of play IMO.  

They probably should have run the ball every time with a 9-7 lead and forced Bortles to take us down and score...

No, they were right to feed Antonio Brown with the 9-7 lead. I totally agree with Carr on not giving Bell the ball enough times against the worst run defense though.
(10-10-2017, 03:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2017, 03:21 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]They probably should have run the ball every time with a 9-7 lead and forced Bortles to take us down and score...

No, they were right to feed Antonio Brown with the 9-7 lead. I totally agree with Carr on not giving Bell the ball enough times against the worst run defense though.

Too bad they fed our DBs more than Brown...
I'm saying... with a lead... they could have went 3 and out every drive and had a better chance to beat us.
Instead they threw the ball at our strength.

I agree on both. 

Bell has this big hesitation move, where he waits for his blocks, very patiently, and then accelerates through.  Fournette tends to explode through the hole at full speed.  It's completely different.   But really, running backs are completely unique.  One cannot be compared to another.
They are totally different RBs but now we have 2 backs compared to Bell. So I guess Fournette and Yeldon compare to each. Sometimes it makes you wonder if these people even watch football.
He’s more like AP than Bell.
(10-10-2017, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]They are totally different RBs but now we have 2 backs compared to Bell. So I guess Fournette and Yeldon Ivory compare to each. Sometimes it makes you wonder if these people even watch football.

Fixed that for you. T.J. Yeldon has not even been active in any game yet this season.

Someone needs to send @DCarr8 the message that our best RB is nothing like the other guy, which he should have known because watching all 32 teams is part of his job. FWIW he also ranked DeAndre Hopkins very high while going crazy over "four catches on 12 targets" LOL.
(10-10-2017, 04:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2017, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]They are totally different RBs but now we have 2 backs compared to Bell. So I guess Fournette and Yeldon Ivory compare to each. Sometimes it makes you wonder if these people even watch football.

Fixed that for you. T.J. Yeldon has not even been active in any game yet this season.

Someone needs to send @DCarr8 the message that our best RB is nothing like the other guy, which he should have known because watching all 32 teams is part of his job. FWIW he also ranked DeAndre Hopkins very high while going crazy over "four catches on 12 targets" LOL.
Sorry but you didnt fix it for me, you just put a name that compares nothing to Bell.  Ivory in no way compares to Bell.  Wrong again, so are saying you know more than the pros and analysts? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-of-leveon

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-compar...T-J-Yeldon

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index...._of_u.html
The post machine is working overtime trying to be an analyst
(10-10-2017, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2017, 04:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed that for you. T.J. Yeldon has not even been active in any game yet this season.

Sorry but you didn't fix it for me, you just put a name that compares nothing to Bell. Ivory in no way compares to Bell. Wrong again, so are saying you know more than the pros and analysts? 

You completely misinterpreted what I did.
(10-10-2017, 09:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2017, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but you didn't fix it for me, you just put a name that compares nothing to Bell. Ivory in no way compares to Bell. Wrong again, so are saying you know more than the pros and analysts? 

You completely misinterpreted what I did.

I think you misinterpreted what I said.  Nowhere did I say anything about Yeldon being active, I was doing comparisons.
Anyway, besides the inaccuracy in comparing two completely different RBs, what is everyone opinion about the Rams player analyses?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Yeah they should of just ran and punt like our offense does and tried to wear our D down but nah they had to try to feed Brown haha
(10-10-2017, 11:51 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah they should have just ran and punt like our offense does and tried to wear our D down but nah they had to try to feed Brown haha

Todd Haley just fed Antonio Brown the ball too many times. A balanced attack usually is good for Pittsburgh. However we can all agree they should have called more running plays.
That gif... he torched the secondary
Why is j dub even allowed to post on these boards? Every single thread is ruined by it.
Pages: 1 2