Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags have the easiest remaining schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read where the Jaguars have the easiest remaining schedule ndd right now we have the 3rd best chance to make the playoffs in the AFC.

I don't like peeking ahead but man wee haven't talked like this in years.

Coughlin is the mayne!
And apparently are favored (for now) by FPI in all of them...
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.......

Any Given Sunday remember.........
I made two bets when I was in Vegas for the Jags to win the AFC and to win the Super Bowl. What the hell, two $20 tickets.

At least they aren't trash yet.
(10-13-2017, 03:54 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I made two bets when I was in Vegas for the Jags to win the AFC and to win the Super Bowl.  What the hell, two $20 tickets.

What are the payouts if you happen to win?
(10-13-2017, 03:59 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2017, 03:54 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I made two bets when I was in Vegas for the Jags to win the AFC and to win the Super Bowl.  What the hell, two $20 tickets.

What are the payouts if you happen to win?

I know the AFC championship was 75-1 at the time of the bet in April.  Can't remember the Super Bowl.  I'll need to check when I get home.
(10-13-2017, 04:07 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2017, 03:59 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]What are the payouts if you happen to win?

I know the AFC championship was 75-1 at the time of the bet in April.  Can't remember the Super Bowl.  I'll need to check when I get home.

Stupid question: if the odds change and you win, do you get the 75-1 or what they changed to? I assume it’s what it was the time the bet was placed.
Here it is:

6. Rams
7. Colts
8. Bye
9. Bengals
10. Chargers
11. Browns
12. Cardinals
13. Colts
14. Seahawks
15. Texans
16. 49ers
17. Titans

Here is the problem: "Easiest schedule" is strictly based on the current records of each team's remaining opponents. It therefore completely ignores the actual talent we play against, the West Coast curse, being owned by Philip Rivers, etc. No matter how many wins and losses the Chargers have they beat us every single time, regardless of who the home team is. Two of their losses were decided by missed game-winning FG attempts, which led them to change kickers, so they should be 3-2. On paper that one is a guaranteed loss unless there are some lucky breaks in our favor.

That is not the only misleading record. The Cardinals will get David Johnson back in time for our visit to Arizona because it is not until Week 12. Being at Arizona also goes against us because of our dismal record west of the Rockies. I don't think we can break the curse there because they have a lot of talent and are just waiting for their best player to return.

Everyone knows why the Colts suck now. Andrew Luck's return will erase any optimism based solely on their inability to decisively beat the Browns and 49ers. We rarely sweep them.
(10-13-2017, 04:09 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2017, 04:07 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I know the AFC championship was 75-1 at the time of the bet in April.  Can't remember the Super Bowl.  I'll need to check when I get home.

Stupid question: if the odds change and you win, do you get the 75-1 or what they changed to? I assume it’s what it was the time the bet was placed.

When I placed the bet.
It's not a formidable schedule, but I don't think it's truly the easiest. The Bengals are playing better, Luck may be back at least for the week 13 game, and traveling back and forth across time zones a few times tells me it won't be a cakewalk.
(10-13-2017, 04:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is:

6. Rams
7. Colts
8. Bye
9. Bengals
10. Chargers
11. Browns
12. Cardinals
13. Colts
14. Seahawks
15. Texans
16. 49ers
17. Titans

Here is the problem: "Easiest schedule" is strictly based on the current records of each team's remaining opponents. It therefore completely ignores the actual talent we play against, the West Coast curse, being owned by Philip Rivers, etc. No matter how many wins and losses the Chargers have they beat us every single time, regardless of who the home team is. Two of their losses were decided by missed game-winning FG attempts, which led them to change kickers, so they should be 3-2. On paper that one is a guaranteed loss unless there are some lucky breaks in our favor.

That is not the only misleading record. The Cardinals will get David Johnson back in time for our visit to Arizona because it is not until Week 12. Being at Arizona also goes against us because of our dismal record west of the Rockies. I don't think we can break the curse there because they have a lot of talent and are just waiting for their best player to return.

Everyone knows why the Colts suck now. Andrew Luck's return will erase any optimism based solely on their inability to decisively beat the Browns and 49ers. We rarely sweep them.

So I guess we’ll just have to earn it then.  Last year every starting QB against the Jags seemed to be out the week they played us.  (I think that was last year).  ...and we see how that went.  I’d rather them earn the wins personally.   I’d like to see Blake make throws in crucial times in the games and not see a completely one sided offense.  I’d like to see them win a game the defense hasn’t handed to them
(10-13-2017, 04:19 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess we’ll just have to earn it then. Last year every starting QB against the Jags seemed to be out the week they played us. (I think that was last year) . . . .and we see how that went. I’d rather them earn the wins personally. I’d like to see Blake make throws in crucial times in the games and not see a completely one sided offense. I’d like to see them win a game the defense hasn’t handed to them.

We have to earn every win, no matter who the opponent is. Any player or coach will tell you there is no such thing as an easy game.

Of course that does not mean the Browns game is a dangerous pick. Only the location goes against us for the 49ers game at this point, so I do think we can win there, but that really is a big disadvantage. Cautious optimism is the right way to think of it for supposedly "easy" games this long before kickoff.
(10-13-2017, 03:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I read where the Jaguars have the easiest remaining schedule ndd right now we have the 3rd best chance to make the playoffs in the AFC.

Coughlin is the mayne!

Yeah, it's all Coughlin.  Nobody else contributes at all.
well, no games are "easy" in the NFL....some are just harder than others
(10-13-2017, 03:41 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]And apparently are favored (for now) by FPI in all of them...

This feels like a trick.....

I wake up tomorrow morning and half the team is suspended for PED or something....hahaha

I'm just happy to see the jaguars playing hard with competent coaching. 

It's at least fun to watch the jags again, playoffs this year would be a bonus.
(10-13-2017, 05:04 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, no games are "easy" in the NFL....some are just harder than others.

For sure, and that is why we love to waste time predicting our record during preseason.
(10-13-2017, 04:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Let me remind you all of something. no such thing as an easy schedule,and this team hasn't beaten a loseing team yet this season. lost to 0-1 tittians,lost to 1-2 jets. with that being said as of now i see it playing out like this. now with that being said i don't expect jags to beat a good rams team,but wouldn't be surpise cause its a winning team. the trend this season has been beat good teams,lose to loseing teams.

Here it is:
6. Ram
7. Colts
8. Bye
9. Bengals
10. Chargers
11. Browns
12. Cardinals
13. Colts
14. Seahawks
15. Texans
16. 49ers
17. Titans

(10-13-2017, 03:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I read where the Jaguars have the easiest remaining schedule ndd right now we have the 3rd best chance to make the playoffs in the AFC.

Coughlin is the mayne!

We all thought we would beat the Jets, and look what happened.

Until we develop consistency, I can't get too excited over this yet.
(10-14-2017, 04:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Coughlin is the mayne!

We all thought we would beat the Jets, and look what happened.

No. We all didn't think we'd beat the Jets.

I said we'd lose. I called it a trap game.
(10-14-2017, 05:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2017, 04:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]We all thought we would beat the Jets, and look what happened.

No. We all didn't think we'd beat the Jets.

I said we'd lose. I called it a trap game.

I stand corrected.

Most thought we'd beat the Jets.  My larger point remains.
Pages: 1 2