Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Wide receiver Jaydon Mickens promoted to active roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wide receiver Jaydon Mickens promoted to active roster

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...674e455645

The Jaguars have promoted first-year WR Jaydon Mickens to the active roster from the team’s practice squad and waived first-year WR Max McCaffrey.
Special teams player I suppose?
Never heard of him

edited by mod
I never heard of him either.
My best guess is that IF he is active on game day it will be to return punts/kicks.

The only other guess that I have (and this is REALLY reaching) is that perhaps Marqise Lee's injury may be more serious.  After all he was DNP, DNP and LP Wednesday through Friday on the injury report and is listed as Questionable.

I doubt that my second guess is the case, but then again, who is left besides Allen Hurns if Lee can't go?

Arrelious Benn
Keelan Cole
Jaelen Strong

Suddenly the perceived "depth" that we had at the WR position prior to the season just isn't so.

Again, I'm just speculating here, but when taking a closer look it appears that the WR position is pretty weak/unknown this week.  What also adds to my speculation is the fact that this move was made today.
The depth perception was based on Marqise Lee's breakout season. He was our leading receiver last year. Now he is proving 2016 was an anomaly and I want him gone again.
(10-21-2017, 05:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The depth perception was based on Marqise Lee's breakout season. He was our leading receiver last year. Now he is proving 2016 was an anomaly and I want him gone again.

The perceived Depth was back when Allen Robinson was healthy as our bonafide WR1. And when Westbrook was healthy leading the preseason in receiving yards, when Cole was tearing it up as well.

Now with ARob out, Westbrook out, Cole falling back to earth, Lee not taking the next step that was anticipated of him. It looks a little less formidable. Hurns has been what everyone expected, Benn is a Special Teams only player, and Jaelen Strong has yet to be healthy and is an enigma (i liked him as a prospect coming out of ASU but idk how hes developed till now)

next season with a healthy ARob & Westbrook in addition to Hurns we should be fine. I expect we let Lee walk after this season.
(10-21-2017, 06:13 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]The perceived Depth was back when Allen Robinson was healthy as our bonafide WR1. And when Westbrook was healthy leading the preseason in receiving yards, when Cole was tearing it up as well.

Now with ARob out, Westbrook out, Cole falling back to earth, Lee not taking the next step that was anticipated of him. It looks a little less formidable. Hurns has been what everyone expected, Benn is a Special Teams only player, and Jaelen Strong has yet to be healthy and is an enigma (i liked him as a prospect coming out of ASU but idk how hes developed till now)

next season with a healthy ARob & Westbrook in addition to Hurns we should be fine. I expect we let Lee walk after this season.

I thought Marqise Lee would step up and continue being a good player after the Texans game. When that did not materialize, I suddenly realized WR is a weak position without #15.
Looking at tomorrow's game, I'm a bit concerned.

Fournette - Questionable - He does have a solid backup in Chris Ivory and between Corey Grant and TJ Yeldon the run game might be alright.  However, it's not going to be the same as with a healthy Fournette should he be a scratch.

Lee - Questionable - As I noted before, there are really no clear players that can step in and back him up.

IF Jaydon Mickens was promoted to the active roster to mitigate Lee being a possible scratch, it doesn't really bode well for the offense, especially the weak (as it is) passing game.  I don't know for a fact, but I would bet that Mickens has never taken reps with the first team at all.
Strong looked good in practice this past week. I've even pondered picking him up off the waiver wire in FF.
We need #15
Cole and Westbrook were tearing it u because Blake wasn't throwing to them. Hennee was
(10-21-2017, 06:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Strong looked good in practice this past week. I've even pondered picking him up off the waiver wire in FF.

What is this based off of?
(10-21-2017, 06:51 PM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]Cole and Westbrook were tearing it u because Blake wasn't throwing to them. Hennee was

No they were tearing it up because they were going against players who arent even on teams anymore.
Speacial Teams

McCaffrey was returning our punts, and he wasn't contributing anything on offense.
(10-21-2017, 08:01 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Special Teams

McCaffrey was returning our punts, and he wasn't contributing anything on offense.

So Hickens is replacing McCaffrey?
Sounds like a made up name.. like on your 20th season on Madden.
While our receivers are weak. It is not like throwing 50 plus yard passes. Slants and bubble most NFL receivers should make.

But the issue was and is. Bortles needs to throw accurate passes. Not 10 feet over or 5 feet to left or right.