Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles looked good today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bortles looked good today.  It really puts your QB such a better position when you throw the ball on the early downs, instead of just on 3rd down when the defense knows it coming.  Blake ended up 18/26 for 330 yards, 1 TD, and a passer rating of 124.7.  On the year, he has thrown for 1398 yards, 9 TD, 5 INT, a pass completion percentage of 58.66%, and an average QB rating of 95.1.  Blake proved today that he's capable of making the throws that he needs to.  I anticipate him having a bigger 2nd half of the year than 1st because I think Hackett heard the criticism, and will be mixing up the play calling much more from here on out.  I think he ends the year with 25 TD, 9 INT, a completion percentage of 63%, and average quarterback rating of just over 100.  The Jags are 4-3 heading into the bye, with every game on left on their schedule being winnable.  There's no reason why this team can't win 10 games this season.  Go Jags!
If he gets to 25 TDs I'd be surprised. I could see him getting to 20 or so, but I've not seen anything from him to make me think they'll stop feeding it to Fournette when he's available.
He has these games about 3 or 4 times a season. Don't let him fool you! We need to move on when the season's over and find a real franchise QB.
To be fair the Colts defense is like High School level talented. Nonetheless, I’ll take that W.
(10-22-2017, 04:34 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair the Colts defense is like High School level talented. Nonetheless, I’ll take that W.

30th ranked against the pass. One would hope Bortles would have a good day against the clots garbage defense.
I’m glad for him I really am but these games are few and far between. Hopefully he can have note of these games as it improves our chances in the here and now but this team must draft a QB next year
As long as he plays like this I’m all for him being the qb. Good game Blake let’s start doing this week in and week out now
Is an avg QB rating 95+ these days?
(10-22-2017, 04:34 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair the Colts defense is like High School level talented. Nonetheless, I’ll take that W.

Colts make everyone look like joe montanah
I get that this game was out of the norm for this year, but it was also one of 2 games, the other being in London where he had a big game, where we opened up the offense and let him throw the ball. I'm telling you that makes a huge difference in how he plays. I think we've learned a lesson, and will throw the ball on early downs more often, creating more of an unpredictable balanced offense.

It's funny because any time any other quarterback has a good game it's because the quarterback was good, but for some of you any time Blake has a good game it's because the defense sucks. I get it, the Colts have a poor defense, but the quarterback still has to be good enough to exploit that. Blake was good today, simply as that. Really the only throw that I thought was pretty poor was where he overthrew Lewis in the endzone. He rushed it, and didn't put enough touch on the ball. I'm also sure he overthrew it because he now makes sure to miss on those passes long so they don't end up getting picked.
The coaches HAVE to call pass plays to balance up the offense, otherwise, for the rest of the season, teams will just load up the box to stop Fournette. But if Blake can get going, this season could get verrrrry interesting.
Bortles did have a really good game but to not include the bad Indy defense wouldn’t include the whole picture.

He made good decisions and good throws all day. A lot of underneath routes and the WRs made plays too

All in all, great game heading into the BYE!
He had a good game.

On the long pass to Hurns, he dipped below his belt again.
(10-22-2017, 04:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]He has these games about 3 or 4 times a season. Don't let him fool you! We need to move on when the season's over and find a real franchise QB.

You people are hilarious. Bortles IS the FRANCHISE QB. He barely has any WR weapons and he's played great this year.

All he ever needs to protection and he got it today. He's outplayed both Mariota and Winston this year.

Bortles will be starting in 2018 and Coughlin will be drafted MORE OL and WR
(10-22-2017, 05:03 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 04:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]He has these games about 3 or 4 times a season. Don't let him fool you! We need to move on when the season's over and find a real franchise QB.

You people are hilarious. Bortles IS the FRANCHISE QB. He barely has any WR weapons and he's played great this year.

All he ever needs to protection and he got it today. He's outplayed both Mariota and Winston this year.

Bortles did a good job stepping up to the plate today with the absence of LF.  The whole team as a matter of fact stepped up and played a complete game.  The only complaint about Bortles from me today is a few throws were off and the wr’s helped him out.  But the completions and wins make me a happy camper.  But you’ve gotta ditch the Bortles love, man.  I get it, you know him, or something like that.   You want him to be great.  But if your honest with yourself, you know he won’t be the starter next year.
(10-22-2017, 05:09 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 05:03 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]You people are hilarious. Bortles IS the FRANCHISE QB. He barely has any WR weapons and he's played great this year.

Bortles did a good job stepping up to the plate today with the absence of LF.  The whole team as a matter of fact stepped up and played a complete game.  The only complaint about Bortles from me today is a few throws were off and the wr’s helped him out.  But the completions and wins make me a happy camper.  But you’ve gotta ditch the Bortles love, man.  I get it, you know him, or something like that.   You want him to be great.  But if your honest with yourself, you know he won’t be the starter next year.

100% will be starting next year.
(10-22-2017, 05:03 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: [ -> ]

I ain’t gonna say all that lol but if he plays like this every week instead of once every month then he has an opportunity to remain our starter. I think we all want to have a franchise guy but I’m not sure Blake has shown enough to warrant him being the guy and no other options being brought in next year. Either way tho good game today.
I promise i'm not spacecoastjag so please don't lump me with him.
I'd love for Blake to transform suddenly as this brilliant playmaker, but I think, as much as we ALL want to be optimistic with him, you have to lay on a dose of realism with it as well....they only play the colts one more time this year, after all...

The colts are NOT a good defense. Have not been one for a very, very long time. That's no disrespect to the players they're fielding right now, but it's kind of the truth. Blake did well today, and that's enough for the week, and the one after that. But in reality? I'd be impressed if he got anywhere near 20 TD's this season, with the way he's playing. I'd be content if he did.

And much as I hate to say it, I don't think it's realistic to think he'll stick under 10 interceptions this year. I'm glad he's not the turnover machine he's been the past year or so, but that's not saying that he's made leaps and bounds, because he hasn't. He's righted the ship, but he's still just sitting in the doldrums, if you'll pardon the metaphor...

Still, glad he hit 300 yards today. Glad he did score. If he CAN keep doing that, he's going to help Fournette and Ivory and Yeldon out a lot, which is essential if this team wants to be a power running team. They have to balance the offense with good passing still, regardless of how they play it.
(10-22-2017, 05:22 PM)Nikowho Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love for Blake to transform suddenly as this brilliant playmaker, but I think, as much as we ALL want to be optimistic with him, you have to lay on a dose of realism with it as well....they only play the colts one more time this year, after all...

The colts are NOT a good defense. Have not been one for a very, very long time. That's no disrespect to the players they're fielding right now, but it's kind of the truth. Blake did well today, and that's enough for the week, and the one after that. But in reality? I'd be impressed if he got anywhere near 20 TD's this season, with the way he's playing. I'd be content if he did.

And much as I hate to say it, I don't think it's realistic to think he'll stick under 10 interceptions this year. I'm glad he's not the turnover machine he's been the past year or so, but that's not saying that he's made leaps and bounds, because he hasn't. He's righted the ship, but he's still just sitting in the doldrums, if you'll pardon the metaphor...

Still, glad he hit 300 yards today. Glad he did score. If he CAN keep doing that, he's going to help Fournette and Ivory and Yeldon out a lot, which is essential if this team wants to be a power running team. They have to balance the offense with good passing still, regardless of how they play it.

Bortles has always been a playmaker. He never had an OL or a running game. This is his first year he's had both
Pages: 1 2