Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Duane Brown ends holdout, returns to Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Duane Brown ends holdout, returns to Texans

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-to-texans

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that veteran left tackle Duane Brown has returned to work with the Texans, ending his lengthy holdout, per a source.
Texans left tackle Duane Brown ends lengthy holdout

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...hy-holdout

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that veteran left tackle Duane Brown has returned to work with the Texans, ending his lengthy holdout, per a source.
Texans' LT Duane Brown ends his long holdout and has reported to the team without a new deal.

He had to report by now to get credit for an accrued season.

It'll be interesting to see if the Texans trade him or start him immediately.
(10-23-2017, 04:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Texans' LT Duane Brown ends his long holdout and has reported to the team without a new deal.

From what I've seen they tried to trade him but nothing materialized.  Also, their current starting LT is dinged up right now IIRC.
(10-23-2017, 07:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 04:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Texans' LT Duane Brown ends his long holdout and has reported to the team without a new deal.

From what I've seen they tried to trade him but nothing materialized.  Also, their current starting LT is dinged up right now IIRC.

Still time to formulate a deal, although he's what, 31?  A tough market for him.

I wonder what kind of shape he will be in.
Pretty big pickup for the Texans.  A rusty Duane Brown is better than the current LT, though he'll probably be rotating until he gets into game shape.  They also have Kevin Johnson returning from injury.  Pretty nice pickup during the bye, probably more in two weeks after they knock the rust off against the Seahawks.
(10-23-2017, 07:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

The NFL.com article states Duane Brown has just become tradeable by returning to work. In other words, players can't be traded during holdouts.
Just got traded to Seattle.
Just seen that. More good news
We'll still have to play him this year, but at lease he's out of the division.

Did he start this past week against Seattle?

"Hey Duane, yeah man just stay here"