Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hurns quietly had a pretty good game.  While he didn't get into the endzone he caught a couple passes on 3rd and long to keep the chains moving when our drives may have stalled and momentum could have shifted.  8 targets, 5 rec, 101 yrds.

I realize it all depends on which Bortles shows up to the stadium on any given Sunday but I'm hoping that they work Hurns into the gameplan more.  

Blush Full disclosure, I'm a pretty big fan of Hurns and would love to see him given an opportunity to earn that good size contract he got.  Blush

Before Sunday Hurns was averaging 5 targets per game while Lee was averaging close to 7.  I would love to see that flipped and have Hurns get 7-8 targets per game and Lee with 5-6.

I feel his hands are a bit better and while I don't have any stats on it, and maybe it is selective memory, I don't remember seeing Hurns bat any passes up into the air for a pick like I feel I've seen Lee do on multiple occasions.

I'm very excited to see what Westbrook brings to the passing game but I'm still a little hesitant because he is a rookie and he hasn't done it against starters in the regular season.

Anyone feel differently?
I think Hurns had a good game. Great to see him looking more like his 2015 self.

The number of targets distributed (scripted or otherwise) will likely just depend on individual matchups from week to week.
He played a lot of slot which is definitely more of his skill set. He is good at finding spots in zones. On the outside he just doesn't have the speed, acceleration, or route running to consistently win.
(10-23-2017, 01:48 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: [ -> ]He played a lot of slot which is definitely more of his skill set. He is good at finding spots in zones. On the outside he just doesn't have the speed, acceleration, or route running to consistently win.

I can agree with that. Perhaps with Cole getting over the drops and Westbrook coming back Hurns will have more opportunities in the slot.

While I feel his catch radius is bigger than Lee, his lack of separation on the outside makes it really hard to get him the ball without an extremely accurate QB which we don't have.

Still hoping we find a way to get the ball in his hands more often.
(10-23-2017, 01:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think Hurns had a good game.  Great to see him looking more like his 2015 self.

The number of targets distributed (scripted or otherwise) will likely just depend on individual matchups from week to week.

I was thinking the same thing .... looked like 2015 again !!
Hurns in 2015 ran great routes he juked corners hard on the deep balls atleast.
He joked hard on the deep balls? *scratches head

Hurns is our best WR on the team right now with Arob out. He's low key our number 1. Now when Westbrook comes back.....we will see. I think DD will push Arob