Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We give up league worst 5.2 a POP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right now we are 31st against the run and give up a league best 5.2 yards per carry....

Here's the kicker....Adrian Peterson is up next. No Hess not in his prime but he's doing what Taylor did at the end of his career. Dude can still run.

With Palmer out, do you think we sell out to stop the run?
I assume you mean league worst?
Best at being worst. Yes thanks for pointing that out. Mods can you change to league worst.
Huh? We play the Cardinals on the Bye week? Must be that flex scheduling I heard about.
Need more Poz, less nickel for this game.
Cover one, man to man
Sellout against the run
Force Stanton to make a throw.
(10-23-2017, 03:35 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Need more Poz, less nickel for this game.
Cover one, man to man
Sellout against the run
Force Stanton to make a throw.

Pretty much correct
(10-23-2017, 03:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Right now we are 31st against the run and give up a league best 5.2 yards per carry....

Here's the kicker....Adrian Peterson is up next. No Hess not in his prime but he's doing what Taylor did at the end of his career. Dude can still run.

Say What?   Taylor ended his career by rushing for less than 1,000 yards TOTAL in his final 3 years.

If he's doing what Taylor did, I'm really not concerned
This thread has so many bold statements......

We don't play the Cards next week or the week after.

AP has had 1 good game... He was absolutely terrible this past week.
(10-23-2017, 03:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 03:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Right now we are 31st against the run and give up a league best 5.2 yards per carry....

Say What?   Taylor ended his career by rushing for less than 1,000 yards TOTAL in his final 3 years.

If he'd doing what Taylor did, I'm really not concerned

Fred was hurt those last 3 years lmao what are you saying? he had a lower body injury that cut his 2008 tenure short. then after having a 120+ yard game against Atlanta for the Patriots he injured his toe which forced him out, and after he aggravated it the next year he hung up his cleats. 

I believe what he's referring to were Fred's years over the age of 30 but before those injuries. AKA: 2007 where he had 1200 yards on 5.6 yards per carry. and 2008 where he ran for 550 yards on 4.0 yards per pop before his injury. He was released because we had MJD not because he was ineffective at the time of his release. the numbers from this 2nd paragraph are what JagFanatic was referring to which is something that has to be respected.
I’m still trying to figure out the ‘AP is next’ part...huh?!?
Besides the fact that we don't play Arizona until Thanksgiving, they also just lost their QB which means we could very well face Blaine Gabbert.... That's another 10 sack game lol
(10-23-2017, 03:50 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 03:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Say What?   Taylor ended his career by rushing for less than 1,000 yards TOTAL in his final 3 years.

If he'd doing what Taylor did, I'm really not concerned

Fred was hurt those last 3 years lmao what are you saying? he had a lower body injury that cut his 2008 tenure short. then after having a 120+ yard game against Atlanta for the Patriots he injured his toe which forced him out, and after he aggravated it the next year he hung up his cleats. 

I believe what he's referring to were Fred's years over the age of 30 but before those injuries. AKA: 2007 where he had 1200 yards on 5.6 yards per carry. and 2008 where he ran for 550 yards on 4.0 yards per pop before his injury. He was released because we had MJD not because he was ineffective at the time of his release. the numbers from this 2nd paragraph are what JagFanatic was referring to which is something that has to be respected.

Right -- not a knock on Fred but AP is coming off of an injury and I was responding to exactly what the prior poster stated, not an "I believe he was referring to" a time period which contradicts his statement.

If he's implying one thing but explicitly stating another, the explicit statement prevails.
(10-23-2017, 04:01 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m still trying to figure out the ‘AP is next’ part...huh?!?

If one's definition of "next" is "November 26th, then...
Guys, sorry about the errors. I did not verify the schedule before post. And by end of career, I was meaning end of Jags career when he made the probowl.

That's my bad fellas.

The thread was really in hopes that we focus on the run and get that fixed before AP comes to town. And before we make this playoff push.
Not as concerned with AP really, but I do agree with your point about fixing the run.

We do see:
Gordon
Mixon/ Hill/ Bernard
Henry/ Murray

Those games could give us fits if we don’t play with discipline.
AP doesn't bother me at this stage in his career. It's teams that are designed to pound the rock and are committed to doing it that should be the concern and those teams left on our schedule would primarily be Seattle and Tennessee (and maybe Houston). I'm not saying we're going to win all the other games, but I think these are the two toughest games left on the schedule. I think we have a good shot of getting to 10 wins this year, but I think I need to see a winning streak get started by beating Cincinnati before I really start believing it.
We don't have to sell out to stop the run. The LBs really have to play more disciplined at times. The big runs come when they are out of position and guess at the wrong gap.

I really think that we will see improvement as the season goes on and Miles Jack gets better.
(10-23-2017, 04:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, sorry about the errors. I did not verify the schedule before post. And by end of career, I was meaning end of Jags career when he made the probowl.

That's my bad fellas.

The thread was really in hopes that we focus on the run and get that fixed before AP comes to town. And before we make this playoff push.

gotta fix the run before AP comes to town is still kind of funny given the fact he rushed for 21 yards last week.
(10-23-2017, 06:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 04:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, sorry about the errors. I did not verify the schedule before post. And by end of career, I was meaning end of Jags career when he made the probowl.

That's my bad fellas.

gotta fix the run before AP comes to town is still kind of funny given the fact he rushed for 21 yards last week.

Yup. Got to sell out against the run when you are facing the 55th ranked rusher this year.
In his last game AP ran for 120+ and scored 2 TDs. His ranking is bc of playing time. Now that he's a number 1, those numbers will change.

It's more about fixing the run defense vs how awesome AP is. Good lord Hurricane. Ease up
Pages: 1 2