Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ramsey is the only member of our 4 deep Secondary that was drafted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bouye, Church, and Gipson all went undrafted. If Ramsey had went undrafted they could've been called the Expendables.
Colvin also plays a pretty important role in our secondary. I know what you're getting at though.
(10-23-2017, 11:50 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin also plays a pretty important role in our secondary. I know what you're getting at though.

I wonder who replaces him next year when we let him go.
(10-24-2017, 12:20 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 11:50 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]Colvin also plays a pretty important role in our secondary. I know what you're getting at though.

I wonder who replaces him next year when we release him

His contract expires, nobody is releasing Colvin. He's going to go somewhere for a nice big paycheck to be an outside corner. I think the team likes the way Patmon played in preseason, and they also like myricks athletic ability and potential.
(10-24-2017, 12:25 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 12:20 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder who replaces him next year when we release him

His contract expires, nobody is releasing Colvin. He's going to go somewhere for a nice big paycheck to be an outside corner. I think the team likes the way Patmon played in preseason, and they also like myricks athletic ability and potential.

He's going to fail as an outside corner. He can walk.
He'd be willing to fail for more money.
Can't blame the guy for getting paid when he does. He'll probably go somewhere overpaid for 2 years as an outside corner then get cut and go back to being a nickel corner somewhere else.
Only secondary in the league starting 3 undrafted players and it's probably the best one.
There's an awful lot of assumptions going on in this thread...
NFL scouts are always right.............
(06-18-2017, 08:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]So does he want to get shut down by Ramsey or Bouye? Maybe they can alternate

(10-24-2017, 12:25 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 12:20 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder who replaces him next year when we release him

If Colvin is not resigned I hope they give Josh Johnson another look.
Colvin is playing really well and depending on cap space and a need to spend to the cap, we will see if he stays. I vote for getting rid of Henne and giving Covin the money plus some. I'm sure we can work it out if it becomes a mutual understanding.

Aaron Colvin should have been drafted much earlier. It was a shame tearing his ACL caused him to drop so far in the draft. He is a real gem for us and I like watching #22.

(10-24-2017, 05:21 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Only secondary in the league starting 3 undrafted players and it's probably the best one.

Undrafted, yes, but IIRC the Legion of Boom has some players who were drafted late. Richard Sherman was a fifth round pick, right?
I hope they resign Colvin personally. If he wants super big bucks, then he'll be playing somewhere else....
but man... hopefully he sees this team is so close and sticks around for a slightly smaller pay.

But yeah... some team will likely overpay him and put him on the outside and he won't quite fulfill the expectations....
a la Aaron Ross/Davon House....
(10-23-2017, 11:48 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye, Church, and Gipson all went undrafted. If Ramsey had went undrafted they could've been called the Expendables.

UCF
Toledo
Wyoming 

.... Gene Smith's dream team right there !!!
(10-24-2017, 02:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 11:48 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]Bouye, Church, and Gipson all went undrafted. If Ramsey had went undrafted they could've been called the Expendables.

UCF
Toledo
Wyoming 

.... Gene Smith's dream team right there !!!

LOL

Side note: A.J. Bouye's move to Jacksonville reunited him with Blake Bortles.