Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cam Robinson - *Applause Thread*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I do have to give props to Josh Wells for filling in admirably last Sunday, this thread is all about Big #74!!

He has played LIGHTS OUT!! so far in the year and deserves a standing ovation! He started the year holding the vaunted Texans D with all 3 of their star pass rushers on the field together for the first time ever off the stat sheet! He's a monster in the run game blowing open Holes for Fournette and has been a welcome surprise in Pass Blocking! I don't want to jinx it but I can't remember the last time a Rookie LT looked this good! even Eugene Monroe had growing pains his first year before he settled in. Hopefully the bye is enough time to let him rest that ankle and come back strong for week 9! 

Remember all that drama about Brandon Albert's retirement/unretirement? feels like years ago with the way this kid has been balling!! as a 2nd round selection he was a homerun pick by Coughlin, Caldwell & Co.!! I feel like his stellar play gets overshadowed by Fournette a little bit but Cam deserves all of the praise, i'm glad he's a Jaguar!!
I'm so proud of this team all around. Great year to be a fan.
i;m glad Albert "retired"....bet he's sorry now though.
I don't think you can be more pleased with a rookie LT than when you almost never hear his name in a game.
I had completely forgotten about Branden Friggin Albert.
(10-24-2017, 11:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I had completely forgotten about Branden Friggin Albert.

I've heard that's his official 'middle' name.
Cam Robinson has been a pleasant surprise. I read he fell out of the first round because of marijuana possession and penalties. He was a first round talent at Alabama. But he played LT exclusively and we had Branden Albert there, so I had concerns he would struggle this season after mostly practicing with the backups or at guard. Albert's retirement helped him.

Seeing Robinson get hurt on the first snap was scary. T.J. Yeldon can't make gaps for himself. It was clear within a few minutes he could not return to the game. Props to Josh Wells.
Here here. CRob is the truth.

Parnell has been beastly too, on the low. Using that size to maul repeatedly. Used to be frustrating sometimes watching a big man as him allow guys to push him around.

Shatley stepped in admirably; focused, intense and professional.

Heck, Omameh has been flat out moving guys in the ground attack. Some publication called him one of the fiercest run blockers in the league. Even the maligned Cann is coming along solidly.  If you compete well in the trenches, on O and D, as the Jags have done, you have a chance in every game. Keep at it fellows.

Sorry Firesky, I detoured. Back to the remarkable Cam, and so enthusiastic. Often the first to lift his teammatess off the turf, and to celebrate good plays.
(10-24-2017, 02:30 PM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]Here here. CRob is the truth.

Parnell has been beastly too, on the low. Using that size to maul repeatedly. Used to be frustrating sometimes watching a big man as him allow guys to push him around.

Shatley stepped in admirably; focused, intense and professional.

Heck, Omameh has been flat out moving guys in the ground attack. Some publication called him one of the fiercest run blockers in the league. Even the maligned Cann is coming along solidly.  If you compete well in the trenches, on O and D, as the Jags have done, you have a chance in every game. Keep at it fellows.

Sorry Firesky, I detoured. Back to the remarkable Cam, and so enthusiastic. Often the first to lift his teammatess off the turf, and to celebrate good plays.

No apologies neccessary BritJag!! Keep rootin on the boys in teal from across the pond!! I have to agree with you, Parnell has been a flat out BEAST this season. Parnell and CRob have the look of an outstanding Book End tandem for our oline!
Totally agree. Excellent post. May he have a speedy and complete recovery.
Cam the career killer Robinson! Hahaha
He's gonna be elite. I'm serious. I remember the talk of him being a top 5 pick before the whole firearm thing in college. What a steal.
(10-24-2017, 10:03 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]He's gonna be elite. I'm serious. I remember the talk of him being a top 5 pick before the whole firearm thing in college. What a steal.

He is not the next Tony Boselli, but I have a lot of faith in him as a stud LT.
(10-24-2017, 10:03 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]He's gonna be elite. I'm serious. I remember the talk of him being a top 5 pick before the whole firearm thing in college. What a steal.

Yes. 

I couldn't believe he was still there for our pick and I was scared Green Bay and or Seattle was going to take him right in front of us.

We've caught some good draft breaks over the past few years after a disastrous stretch.  But the FO-Caldwell and TC-deserve credit for taking advantage of those breaks.

Cam Robinson is one of those breaks.
(10-24-2017, 10:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes. 

I couldn't believe he was still there for our pick and I was scared Green Bay and/or Seattle was going to take him right in front of us.

We've caught some good draft breaks over the past few years after a disastrous stretch.  But the FO - Caldwell and TC - deserve credit for taking advantage of those breaks.

Green Bay had a good starting LT. Their top need in the second round was DB and they got one. Seattle is the only team I think would have made Cam Robinson unavailable to us at #35 if we were stuck there.

Myles Jack was another lucky break. Nobody thought he would drop to the second round.
(10-24-2017, 10:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 10:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. 

I couldn't believe he was still there for our pick and I was scared Green Bay and/or Seattle was going to take him right in front of us.

We've caught some good draft breaks over the past few years after a disastrous stretch.  But the FO - Caldwell and TC - deserve credit for taking advantage of those breaks.

Green Bay had a good starting LT. Their top need in the second round was DB and they got one. Seattle is the only team I think would have made Cam Robinson unavailable to us at #35 if we were stuck there.

Myles Jack was another lucky break. Nobody thought he would drop to the second round.
You just brought back memories of how insane it was to get Ramsey and Jack in the same draft. I was in lala land that whole day because I still couldn't believe it.
(10-27-2017, 10:48 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]You just brought back memories of how insane it was to get Ramsey and Jack in the same draft. I was in lala land that whole day because I still couldn't believe it.

It was totally insane. Every Jaguars fan on the Jungle was thanking Jerry Jones for not drafting either of those two players when he had the chances to pick both of them.