Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN has the Jags ranked 13th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With a 59.3 % chance of winning team AFC South. With a a league leading 33 sacks, 16 takeaways, and 10 interceptions on defense. 

When can I buy my playoff tickets??
Don't think about buying playoff tickets for a team with less than 60% chance of winning the division. We have to win the division to make the playoffs.
What if the chances are 59.9999% should I think about it then
It is not too early to think we are legitimate playoff contenders, but until we officially clinch a playoff berth, there is no reason to buy playoff tickets.
(10-24-2017, 03:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]With a 59.3 % chance of winning team AFC South. With a a league leading 33 sacks, 16 takeaways, and 10 interceptions on defense. 

You'd already have them locked in if you had season tickets.
(10-24-2017, 04:01 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 03:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]With a 59.3 % chance of winning team AFC South. With a a league leading 33 sacks, 16 takeaways, and 10 interceptions on defense. 

You'd already have them locked in if you had season tickets.

The tickets or the playoff prediction?
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
I'm kind of hoping for a wild card instead of a division title. We play so well on the road.
NFL Network's power rankings show has us at 11
(10-25-2017, 06:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kind of hoping for a wild card instead of a division title.  We play so well on the road.

So far we have, but only because the "home" game in Week 3 was at a neutral site.
Until we win games in a row, we shouldn't be clamoring playoffs. We definitely have the talent. But as stated before the season began, we will live and die by how Bortles plays.....
(10-25-2017, 02:03 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Until we win games in a row, we shouldn't be clamoring playoffs. We definitely have the talent. But as stated before the season began, we will live and die by how Bortles plays.....

Let's see how many other playoff contenders struggle to put two wins together, shall we?
(10-25-2017, 02:13 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 02:03 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Until we win games in a row, we shouldn't be clamoring playoffs. We definitely have the talent. But as stated before the season began, we will live and die by how Bortles plays.....

Let's see how many other playoff contenders struggle to put two wins together, shall we?
Umm... Do you know how many teams have back to back wins?

KC, NE, SD, Miami, Pitt, Tenn, Buff, Den, NYJ, Balt, Oak, Cincy.... They all have put two wins in a row together and thats just the AFC. Heck, even the Bears have won 2 in a row.
We are number 2 in net points behind the Rams. We have been last or nearly last in that stat for years. I think we win the division.
(10-25-2017, 03:44 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 02:13 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see how many other playoff contenders struggle to put two wins together, shall we?

Umm... Do you know how many teams have back to back wins?

KC, NE, SD, Miami, Pitt, Tenn, Buff, Den, NYJ, Balt, Oak, Cincy.... They all have put two wins in a row together and that's just the AFC. Heck, even the Bears have won 2 in a row.

I looked up the Texans and found they are a mirror image of us, with the trend likely continuing because their next game is in Seattle. Nobody on his forum seems to be worried they will win the division, but their schedule is relatively easy after the Seahawks.
LOL ESPN has Dallas ranked number 5, what a joke
(10-25-2017, 10:44 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]LOL ESPN has Dallas ranked number 5, what a joke

They must have been dreaming about last season.
Prisco has us at 15. Could be worse. I don't know how you can have us at 15...
Houston's schedule is not tough, but after the Seattle, they do still have Pittsburgh (5-2) and the LA Rams (5-2).  While inconsistent, the Titans are also 4-3.  That doesn't even include Jacksonville at 4-3.

The Jaguars schedule is easier.  Consider the following for the Jaguars remaining 9 games:
  • 5 Games are against teams with losing records, including two teams that are 0-7 plus a team that Jacksonville has already beaten 27-0.
  • 2 Games are against .500 teams.  However this includes a team who just lost their starting quarterback and a team that the Jaguars have already beaten 29-7.
  • Only 2 games against teams with winning records.  Yeah, Tennessee (4-3) beat us, but they have been extremely inconsistent.  They had to go to overtime to beat 0-7 Cleveland last week.  On paper, Seattle is probably the toughest game (4-2), but I would note 2 of their wins are against teams that are a combined 1-13.  
It's a favorable schedule.  If they don't shoot themselves in the foot, the Jaguars could potentially have a very good record.
I am too tired to do this now, but started thinking about it today. To be continued tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2