Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags defensive pff grades through 7 weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 222348c067038f295439e16a37f89342.png]
Like I expected, Calais Campbell and Jalen Ramsey are at an elite level.
(10-24-2017, 05:48 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Like I expected, Calais Campbell and Jalen Ramsey are at an elite level.

Smith has a higher grade than Campbell
(10-24-2017, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 05:48 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Like I expected, Calais Campbell and Jalen Ramsey are at an elite level.

Smith has a higher grade than Campbell

Yeah, but how many people league-wide are going to love him as much as we do? He deserves more credit than he gets.
Its funny after how they supposedly watch all this tape and they think Poz is a SAM

(10-24-2017, 05:51 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Smith has a higher grade than Campbell

Yeah, but how many people league-wide are going to love him as much as we do? He deserves more credit than he gets.

Who loves him has nothing to do with grades
(10-24-2017, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Its funny after how they supposedly watch all this tape and they think Poz is a SAM

I could not understand that one. After a failed experiment to swap positions, Doug Marrone switched them back.
I really think Jack is an X Factor. This defense is already playing at an elite level and Jack has been an average MLB. If he can continue to mature and play better our run D will be that much better. Watch out...
The defense needs a bigger guy then Jones as NT
(10-24-2017, 07:45 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]The defense needs a bigger guy then Jones as NT

Can't you be positive by accepting great PFF ratings for other players?
Have we made an offering to the powers that be yet so they can descend from their mountain and let us know if PFF grades are acceptable or not in this occasion?

The hardest thing to do on this board is know if/when PFF is the scourge of football or not.
(10-24-2017, 06:37 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]I really think Jack is an X Factor.  This defense is already playing at an elite level and Jack has been an average MLB.  If he can continue to mature and play better our run D will be that much better.  Watch out...

I agree.  The defense is built for speed, that makes them smallish but fast.  They tend to get pushed around when an opposing offense has a lead and can abandon the pass.  The flip side is with a lead this defense is deadly.
(10-24-2017, 07:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 07:45 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]The defense needs a bigger guy then Jones as NT

He's right.  Jones is a downgrade from Roy Miller at NT and it's having a negative effect on this team's ability to stop the run. 

It's why they (unsuccessfully) pursued a different FA nose tackle and it's why they claimed Eli Ankou off waivers. 
They need a larger run-stuffing presence in the middle of that line on base downs.  

This problem is being further intensified by teams frequently running out of 3 WR sets and forcing us to guard the run from nickel formation without Poz or Jones on the field.
(10-24-2017, 08:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He's right.  Jones is a downgrade from Roy Miller at NT and it's having a negative effect on this team's ability to stop the run. 

It's why they (unsuccessfully) pursued a different FA nose tackle and it's why they claimed Eli Ankou off waivers. 
They need a larger run-stuffing presence in the middle of that line on base downs.  

This problem is being further intensified by teams frequently running out of 3 WR sets and forcing us to guard the run from nickel formation without Poz or Jones on the field.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about how good most of our defense is, not where we still need to improve on that side. It is crazy that even after a dominant shutout fans still want to spoil good stuff with negativity.
^^^^^

Don’t. Take. The. Bait.....
Nothing PFF says can be taken seriously, Poz isnt playing MLB and last year they had him as the 3rd best coverage LB in football
(10-24-2017, 09:08 PM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing PFF says can be taken seriously, Poz isn't playing MLB and last year they had him as the 3rd best coverage LB in football

The graphic shows Poz playing OLB instead of what he has always been, the MLB.
That's really cool to see thanks for sharing. Do you by chance have the offense grades as well?
(10-24-2017, 07:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]

Every.

Poster.

Chastised.
(10-25-2017, 02:20 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]That's really cool to see thanks for sharing. Do you by chance have the offense grades as well?

Here you go

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/tea.../15/roster

Bortles is average

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...rtles/8638

Hurns rated above average

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pla...hurns/8931
Pages: 1 2