Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jilted conservative eviscerates Trump without really trying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/us/po...peech.html

Some Republicans joined the standing ovation after this. Yes, Flake was probably going to lose his seat in 2018 anyway, but this is not a one-off instance. Bob Corker has turned on Trump, now Flake has turned on him, McCain hasn't publicly disavowed him but has stood in his way many times. If he keeps arguing with military widows instead of fixing healthcare, it's going to be hard to keep that 35% support rating up there, and if it falls lower, his own party will turn on him faster than the Democrats turned on Bernie Sanders.
Lol. The rank and file have been rebuking those three for the last 9 months. And it was mccain who renigged on healthcare.
Establishment Republicrat, rebuked by the electorate, upset at anti-establishment politician. In other news, water is indeed wet.
(10-24-2017, 11:34 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.  The rank and file have been rebuking those three for the last 9 months.  And it was mccain who renigged on healthcare.

It's "reneged."  Lol

The question for the Republican Party is, do they want to follow the base, or do they want to stand for their traditional principles, which include free trade, pro-immigration, and fiscal responsibility? I myself favor free trade, immigration, and fiscal responsibility.
(10-24-2017, 08:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/us/po...peech.html

Some Republicans joined the standing ovation after this. Yes, Flake was probably going to lose his seat in 2018 anyway, but this is not a one-off instance. Bob Corker has turned on Trump, now Flake has turned on him, McCain hasn't publicly disavowed him but has stood in his way many times. If he keeps arguing with military widows instead of fixing healthcare, it's going to be hard to keep that 35% support rating up there, and if it falls lower, his own party will turn on him faster than the Democrats turned on Bernie Sanders.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED! that an entrenched DC politician would bash the guy who has promised to drain the swamp! Trump has made some progress draining the swamp, although it's been slower than I'd like. Still, he's probably done more in that regard than any other candidate, whether Pub, Dem, or Ind, would have.

As far as healthcare, that's up to the swamp to fix. Trump did stop the illegal Obama payments to the insurance companies, which was something he could actually do on his own.
I listened to Flakes speech. Thought it was pretty good if pretty dramatic. Wondered who this guy actually was...

Then I looked him up along with his voting records. In fact I think he's just recently sided with Trump on a vote about banking or something..load of hogwash.
(10-25-2017, 06:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2017, 11:34 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.  The rank and file have been rebuking those three for the last 9 months.  And it was mccain who renigged on healthcare.

It's "reneged."  Lol

The question for the Republican Party is, do they want to follow the base, or do they want to stand for their traditional principles, which include free trade, pro-immigration, and fiscal responsibility?  I myself favor free trade, immigration, and fiscal responsibility.

Yeah, that was a unfortunate misspelling, wasn't it?