Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Omameh is legit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This guy is a monster. Watch him in the run game. Mauls his guys over! Hope we resign him before he hits the market.
I am glad we have him. This should spell the end of musical chairs at LG.
Reed is nice depth too. Our oline has been the biggest surprise
I've definitely seen him make some really nice plays in both the run and pass games, but I'm not feeling all that excited about him as a long term answer or anything. Of course - I'd love for him to prove me wrong to feel that way.

He still has moments of looking confused in a blocking scheme and moments of being quickly off-balance in pass protection - but I'm pleasantly surprised with his play since preseason when it looked like LG was going to be a major issue.
(10-25-2017, 12:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Reed is nice depth too. Our o-line has been the biggest surprise

Reed is not playing much. I saw him on the field between plays once but that was it.The OL has been very surprising except for Brandon Linder, who we knew is a stud.
(10-25-2017, 12:10 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 12:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Reed is nice depth too. Our o-line has been the biggest surprise

Reed is not playing much. I saw him on the field between plays once but that was it.The OL has been very surprising except for Brandon Linder, who we knew is a stud.

They have used Reed at the goal line and in "heavy sets" like a blocking TE around 4 or 5 times. He reports as an eligible receiver and essentially becomes a 6th lineman.
(10-25-2017, 12:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 12:10 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Reed is not playing much. I saw him on the field between plays once but that was it.The OL has been very surprising except for Brandon Linder, who we knew is a stud.

They have used Reed at the goal line and in "heavy sets" like a blocking TE around 4 or 5 times. He reports as an eligible receiver and essentially becomes a 6th lineman.

Can he catch?  Maybe a trick play opportunity.
He's been better than expected but certainly could be upgraded
When he’s in line, on target or squared up, however you want to put it, he’s good.

If the defender gets a step on him it gets ugly quickly.

I guess that’s probably true for most Guards but I notice it a lot with him.
(10-25-2017, 01:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]When he’s in line, on target or squared up, however you want to put it, he’s good.

If the defender gets a step on him it gets ugly quickly.

I guess that’s probably true for most Guards but I notice it a lot with him.

Very true.

He gave up the lone sack this past Sunday getting beat off the line which resulted in a Bortles strip and turnover on a promising drive.
Omameh needs to get resigned. Our line is much better when he is in the lineup. He is the only starter on the online that is a FA