Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The AFC South race is on!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There has been a lot of talk about the AFCS being between the Jags and Tacks. People keep bringing up the fact that we win one week and lose the next, so I decided to see if other teams are struggling to put two wins together and are legit playoff contenders. It turns out the Tinhorns are a mirror image of us in the win/loss column through 6 games.

1. Loss (Jaguars)
2. Win (at Bengals)
3. Loss (at Patriots)
4. Win (Titans)
5. Loss (Chiefs)
6. Win (Browns)

We won while the Tinhorns rested. When we are idle, they go to Seattle and probably will lose. That looks great if we beat the Bengals. Then we will be 1.5 games ahead of them if, as I predicted, we win our next game. However, crazy things happen every week in the NFL and we still need them to start a losing streak.

This leaves us with the original prediction that the AFCS is a two-team race to the top barring a couple major upsets. Unfortunately Tennessee is streaking. For them it went L, W, W, L, L, W, W before the bye and the Ratbirds are up next. Like us, they are 4-3 and idle in Week 8.

Here is Tennessee's remaining schedule:

9. Ravens
10. Bengals
11. Steelers
12. Colts
13. Texans
14. Cardinals
15. 49ers
16. Rams
17. Jaguars

What record do you see here? Does it still look like the division title goes down to Week 17?
Gotta beat the Bengals at home. We struggle with the Chargers for whatever reason so I will let that one slide if we do not win.
(10-26-2017, 09:12 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta beat the Bangles at home. We struggle with the Chargers for whatever reason so I will let that one slide if we do not win.

Bangles?

I know; even if the Chargers have a long injury report, they still dominate us.
(10-25-2017, 04:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]There has been a lot of talk about the AFCS being between the Jags and Tacks. People keep bringing up the fact that we win one week and lose the next, so I decided to see if other teams are struggling to put two wins together and are legit playoff contenders. It turns out the Tinhorns are a mirror image of us in the win/loss column through 6 games.

1. Loss (Jaguars)
2. Win (at Bengals)
3. Loss (at Patriots)
4. Win (Titans)
5. Loss (Chiefs)
6. Win (Browns)

We won while the Tinhorns rested. When we are idle, they go to Seattle and probably will lose. That looks great if we beat the Bengals. Then we will be 1.5 games ahead of them if, as I predicted, we win our next game. However, crazy things happen every week in the NFL and we still need them to start a losing streak.

This leaves us with the original prediction that the AFCS is a two-team race to the top barring a couple major upsets. Unfortunately Tennessee is streaking. For them it went L, W, W, L, L, W, W before the bye and the Ratbirds are up next. Like us, they are 4-3 and idle in Week 8.

9. Ravens
10. Bengals
11. Steelers
12. Colts
13. Texans
14. Cardinals
15. 49ers
16. Rams
17. Jaguars

What record do you see here? Does it still look like the division title goes down to Week 17?

I can "give" the tacks 4 games from their remaining schedule. 9ers, clots, ravens, bungles. They also could win the Cards game... I think tinhorns beat em and I think we get our sweet revenge.
If they win 5, that'll give them 9 wins.
I think we have 6 "winnable" games on our schedule... but this season it could very well be two 9-6 teams battling it out for AFCS division in week 17. Which would really make me want to make the trip to TN
(10-26-2017, 09:42 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have 6 "winnable" games on our schedule... but this season it could very well be two 9-6 teams battling it out for AFCS division in week 17.

But we're playing the Colts week 17. Surely they're not winning 9 games.
(10-26-2017, 05:41 PM)Thunderkyss Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 09:42 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have 6 "winnable" games on our schedule... but this season it could very well be two 9-6 teams battling it out for AFCS division in week 17.

But we're playing the Colts week 17. Surely they're not winning 9 games.

Historically the Texans/Colts series is won by the home team. If Andrew Luck plays this year, don't count on a sweep.
Hasn't the race been on since Week 1? Why is it offically "on" now because you are saying it is?
(10-26-2017, 06:45 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Hasn't the race been on since Week 1? Why is it offically "on" now because you are saying it is?

In Week 1 nobody knew exactly how the division would develop. It is well-known that September is a bad month for gauging who is good or bad any given year.

Sorry I am a few weeks late.
(10-26-2017, 09:42 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 04:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]There has been a lot of talk about the AFCS being between the Jags and Tacks. People keep bringing up the fact that we win one week and lose the next, so I decided to see if other teams are struggling to put two wins together and are legit playoff contenders. It turns out the Tinhorns are a mirror image of us in the win/loss column through 6 games.

1. Loss (Jaguars)
2. Win (at Bengals)
3. Loss (at Patriots)
4. Win (Titans)
5. Loss (Chiefs)
6. Win (Browns)

9. Ravens
10. Bengals
11. Steelers
12. Colts
13. Texans
14. Cardinals
15. 49ers
16. Rams
17. Jaguars

I can "give" the tacks 4 games from their remaining schedule. 9ers, clots, ravens, bungles. They also could win the Cards game... I think tinhorns beat em and I think we get our sweet revenge.
If they win 5, that'll give them 9 wins.
I think we have 6 "winnable" games on our schedule... but this season it could very well be two 9-6 teams battling it out for AFCS division in week 17. Which would really make me want to make the trip to TN
You just want that free beer.  Big Grin
If Jacksonville win the division Jaguars fans should get free beer.