Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South - Week 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While the 4-3 Jaguars and 4-3 Titans are idle, the 2-5 Colts and 3-3 Texans have games to play.

Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals - Jacoby Brissett will face another stout defensive line led by Geno Atkins without any help from Ryan Kelly (hamstring). Malik Hooker is on injured reserve with ACL and MCL tears. The 2-4 Bengals don't have a good offensive line or Tyler Eifert, but have shown enough improvement under their new OC to beat a Colts team that is struggling on defense. BENGALS

Houston Texans at Seattle Seahawks - Deshaun Watson may be a Rookie of the Year frontrunner, but he has not seen the Legion of Boom yet. Duane Brown is back to help him a little bit and Cliff Avril (neck) is on IR. However, no team has a bigger home field advantage than the 4-2 Seahawks and the Texans can't win two straight games. SEAHAWKS

What are your picks?

Last week: 2-0
Overall: 12-9
(10-26-2017, 07:58 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]While the 4-3 Jaguars and 4-3 Titans are idle, the 2-5 Colts and 3-3 Texans have games to play.

Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals - Jacoby Brissett will face another stout defensive line led by Geno Atkins without any help from Ryan Kelly (hamstring). Malik Hooker is on injured reserve with ACL and MCL tears. The 2-4 Bengals don't have a good offensive line or Tyler Eifert, but have shown enough improvement under their new OC to beat a Colts team that is struggling on defense. BENGALS

Houston Texans at Seattle Seahawks - Deshaun Watson may be a Rookie of the Year frontrunner, but he has not seen the Legion of Boom yet. Duane Brown is back to help him a little bit and Cliff Avril (neck) is on IR. However, no team has a bigger home field advantage than the 4-2 Seahawks and the Texans can't win two straight games. SEAHAWKS

What are your picks?

Overall: 11-8

You have your overall record wrong. Go look at your last post from week 7. (There's been 22 games so far--unless you missed a week?)

OT: I'm picking Bengals and Hawks

Last week  2-0 
Overall 11-11
I think Dalton and the Bengals throw all over the Colts. Bengals win 27 - 13
Does Chuck get fired this week or do they wait for the bye week?

Seahawks defense will make Watson look like a rookie this week. Seahawks 24 - 10
Would not be shocked to see a 2 INT game out of Watson this week.
(10-26-2017, 09:10 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I think Dalton and the Bengals throw all over the Colts. Bengals win 27 - 13
Does Chuck get fired this week or do they wait for the bye week?

Seahawks defense will make Watson look like a rookie this week. Seahawks 24 - 10
Would not be shocked to see a 2 INT game out of Watson this week.

I was lucky enough to go and stash Watson in fantasy on most teams and have played him every week since week 3, but he's definitely a sit this week. I'd be tempted to play him anyway if it was in Houston... but VS the 12th man I could see the young man really struggle.
(10-26-2017, 09:06 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]You have your overall record wrong. Go look at your last post from week 7. (There's been 22 games so far--unless you missed a week?)

OT: I'm picking Bengals and Hawks

Last week  2-0 
Overall 11-11

Thanks for catching that. I fixed it.
Cincinnati over Indy 28-10

Seattle over Houston 20-17.

Overall: 10-11
Bengals and Hawks.

Last Week: 13-2-7-8
Overall: 178-1
(10-26-2017, 11:35 AM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Bengals and Hawks.

Last Week: 13-2-7-8
Overall: 178-1

What are the extra numbers for?
Bengals

Hawks

And a vote that we wait for Bullseye to start this thread in the future.

2-0 last week
13-9 overall
(10-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]Bengals

Hawks

2-0 last week
13-9 overall

I waited for Bullseye to start it.
(10-26-2017, 12:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]Bengals

Hawks

2-0 last week
13-9 overall

I waited for Bullseye to start it.
No you didn't.

You started the thread.....

Also. My record is my record. It's the truth.
(10-26-2017, 01:31 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 12:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]I waited for Bullseye to start it.

No you didn't.

You started the thread.....

Also. My record is my record. It's the truth.

I started it after waiting a couple days because Bullseye did not. You obviously are not a mind reader.
For future reference, I try to have it up no later than Thursday night/Friday morning, except for those weeks an AFCS team or teams is/are playing on a Thursday night.
(10-26-2017, 02:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference, I try to have it up no later than Thursday night/Friday morning, except for those weeks an AFCS team or teams is/are playing on a Thursday night.

OK thanks.
(10-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]And a vote that we wait for Bullseye to start this thread in the future.

I second that.

I enjoy tradition and over the years Bullseye has always done these threads, just like Amelia always does the ***Official Game Day*** threads.  Let's keep it that way.  I enjoy reading Bullseys's commentary whenever he starts these threads and without it, the thread just doesn't seem the same.

With that being said, I'll take Cincy and Seattle.

Last Week 2-0
Overall 14-8
Week # 7 Results:  2-0
Overall Results 16-6

Week # 8 selections:

Cincinnati
Seattle
I'll go Bengals and Seahawks.

It's not that I think the Hawks are locks, but they have a good home field advantage and the Texans aren't well equipped to exploit Seattle's biggest weakness, their offensive line.

The colts probably out up a better fight this week than last, but I still look at that roster and see a hollowing out of talent from just a couple of years ago. Ty is probably going to be calling the offensive line out again this week.
(10-26-2017, 07:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Perkolater Wrote: [ -> ]And a vote that we wait for Bullseye to start this thread in the future.

I second that.

I enjoy tradition and over the years Bullseye has always done these threads, just like Amelia always does the ***Official Game Day*** threads.  Let's keep it that way.  I enjoy reading Bullseys's commentary whenever he starts these threads and without it, the thread just doesn't seem the same.

With that being said, I'll take Cincy and Seattle.

Last Week 2-0
Overall 14-8

and I third it....JDub...please quit jumping the gun on long established traditions. You are not the center of the universe here....so stop it.
bungles over jdubs clots ....Id hate to be brissett this week...he's going to feel like gabbert before long.
seabirds will romp the 'horns ......as watson gets his introduction to a team with a real defense.

Overall: 15-7

Bengals

Seahawks
(10-27-2017, 05:03 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]and I third it....JDub...please quit jumping the gun on long established traditions. You are not the center of the universe here....so stop it.
bungles over jdubs clots ....Id hate to be brissett this week...he's going to feel like gabbert before long.
seabirds will romp the 'horns ......as watson gets his introduction to a team with a real defense.

What is the "J-Dub's Clots" for? You know I am JAGUARS fan.
Pages: 1 2 3