Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: RESPECT FROM THE DENVER POST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This confirms what I had posted about us being like the 2015 Broncos.
Quote: Per the analytical rankings at Pro Football Focus, Jacksonville has the best defense in the NFL, by a significant margin, and the fourth-best team in the NFL.

4th best team? Wow!
That Jets game. WOOF should have won that.
(10-26-2017, 11:39 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Per the analytical rankings at Pro Football Focus, Jacksonville has the best defense in the NFL, by a significant margin, and the fourth-best team in the NFL.

4th best team? Wow!

PFF is obviously wrong. We are one of two teams (with the Texans) that has not won consecutive games yet and two of our losses were by over 10 points.

(10-26-2017, 11:47 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]That Jets game. WOOF should have won that.

The DP blames Blake Bortles, but it was not his fault Jason Myers missed a FG attempt.
We aren't even the best team in our own division so I'd cool the jets on us until we prove that at least.
(10-26-2017, 11:53 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]We aren't even the best team in our own division so I'd cool the jets on us until we prove that at least.

You are 100% correct. But you have to admit it is nice that the Jags are being spoken about in a positive manner for the first time in a decade. The Bengals game is a must win. The tone must be set. And Jags cannot fall behind Tennessee .
(10-26-2017, 11:53 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]We aren't even the best team in our own division so I'd cool the jets on us until we prove that at least.

Being a half game behind the Tacks does not necessarily make them better than us.
(10-26-2017, 12:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]

Being a half game behind the Tacks does not necessarily make them better than us.

Well yes and no. They are technically better than us because if it was playoffs tomorrow. They would be the division winner.

The Jaguars are easily the best team in this division, evidenced by our point differential +73. This is a dominant football team, with a historically good pass defense and one of the best offensive lines in football. This team is loaded on both sides of the football
(10-26-2017, 12:04 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 12:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Being a half game behind the Tacks does not necessarily make them better than us.

Well yes and no. They are technically better than us because if it was playoffs tomorrow. They would be the division winner.

What I mean is we are better than our record. For example, Jason Myers arguably cost us two games, and now he is gone.
We are better than our record for sure. The Jets game should have been ours. I still think it was jet lag from the London game. But the Jets have played a lot better than expected this year just like we've done. And the Rams game was all on special teams. It wasn't even a real contest when you consider how ineffective their offense was against our defense.

Should be 6 - 1. And the schedule is favorable still towards this defense and rushing attack. I think we'll be in the play-offs like we were back in 2007 and I think we'll win a game in the play-offs to be honest as well. The defense has just been too damn good not to have faith in.
(10-26-2017, 12:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We are better than our record for sure. The Jets game should have been ours. I still think it was jet lag from the London game. But the Jets have played a lot better than expected this year just like we've done. And the Rams game was all on special teams. It wasn't even a real contest when you consider how ineffective their offense was against our defense.

Should be 6-1. And the schedule is favorable still towards this defense and rushing attack. I think we'll be in the play-offs like we were back in 2007 and I think we'll win a game in the play-offs to be honest as well. The defense has just been too damn good not to have faith in.

I know some posters criticized the officials for denying us a pick six or fumble recovery. That was not our fault at all. But I am not going to pretend our offense is good enough to win every week.
Is this to make up for the “Jagwads” article?
(10-26-2017, 11:58 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]

You are 100% correct. But you have to admit it is nice that the Jags are being spoken about in a positive manner for the first time in a decade. The Bengals game is a must win. The tone must be set. And Jags cannot fall behind Tennessee .

Oh yeah I'm loving it. Especially because we have sort of earned it. It's not just fluffy hype stuff like we had after 2015.  There are legit reasons we are good.  

Every game is crucial from here on out..The Texans and titans have an easy schedule coming up too. The difference between the division winner and the also fans might be a game.  

Titans came onto our turf and bodied us. They are the main guys until they prove not to be imo. Texans with Watson are still a dangerous team too even without their defense. They're still probably a 7/8/9 win team same as us.