Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Houston Texans owner Bob McNair apologizes for remark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Houston Texans owner Bob McNair apologizes for remark

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...for-remark

Houston Texans owner Bob McNair apologized Friday for a remark he made last week at the Fall League Meeting when talking about players not standing during the national anthem before games.
Would he be apologizing if the players had not have tried walking out of practice? Something to think about.
(10-28-2017, 03:23 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Would he be apologizing if the players had not have tried walking out of practice? Something to think about.

I don't even see a reason to apologize.
From what I heard on ESPN news this morning, McNair called a meeting with the players to apologize in person, but apparently something went wrong and things are now way worse than they were before. They said the Texans players are planning to do some type of demonstration before the game in protest.
You can no longer use what use to be common phrases. This is going to be an awful collective bargaining agreement and might drum the ratings even lower.
(10-30-2017, 02:49 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]You can no longer use what use to be common phrases.  This is going to be an awful collective bargaining agreement and might drum the ratings even lower.

When is the next potential lock out. I fully expect there will be a lockout whenever that is.