Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Election robocall from out of state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Usually I just pick up to hang up on junk callers. Today, however, my caller ID was the Ohio city I grew up in, so I said hello. It was a female voice. "Remember the restaurant scandal?" She went on to talk about, I am guessing, a City Council candidate. After hearing an unfamiliar name I hung up on the robot. It was obviously somebody's election campaign.

Wait a minute. My area code is not 614 anymore. I moved out of that city nearly five years ago. My voter registration in Franklin County is no longer valid. How could I get that call?

Quote:Usually I just pick up to hang up on junk callers. Today, however, my caller ID was the Ohio city I grew up in, so I said hello. It was a female voice. "Remember the restaurant scandal?" She went on to talk about, I am guessing, a City Council candidate. After hearing an unfamiliar name I hung up on the robot. It was obviously somebody's election campaign.

Wait a minute. My area code is not 614 anymore. I moved out of that city nearly five years ago. My voter registration in Franklin County is no longer valid. How could I get that call?

Because you're probably still on the voter rolls in your old city...now you know why they need to be purged every now and then.
Quote:Because you're probably still on the voter rolls in your old city...now you know why they need to be purged every now and then.

What does not make sense is they had to know this guy is not on my ballot because it is impossible to make a long distance phone call without typing the area code, so they had to know it is 352.
Quote:What does not make sense is they had to know this guy is not on my ballot because it is impossible to make a long distance phone call without typing the area code, so they had to know it is 352.

They have machines that do the calling, they probably don't even know what number was dialed.
Maybe you shoulda had a heart to heart talk with her.. Bot to bot..
Quote:Maybe you shoulda had a heart to heart talk with her.. Bot to bot..

Maybe it was Ameliabot calling!!
Quote:Usually I just pick up to hang up on junk callers. Today, however, my caller ID was the Ohio city I grew up in, so I said hello. It was a female voice. "Remember the restaurant scandal?" She went on to talk about, I am guessing, a City Council candidate. After hearing an unfamiliar name I hung up on the robot. It was obviously somebody's election campaign.

I've gotten more election mailers from Colorado than you'd ever imagine. You'd think they'd notice that they're mailing flyers about Colorado state propositions, amendments, Congressional seats and local ordinances to someone in Florida, but no.
Quote:What does not make sense is they had to know this guy is not on my ballot because it is impossible to make a long distance phone call without typing the area code, so they had to know it is 352.

People bring out of state numbers with them when they move. Theyll still call you
Quote:I've gotten more election mailers from Colorado than you'd ever imagine. You'd think they'd notice that they're mailing flyers about Colorado state propositions, amendments, Congressional seats and local ordinances to someone in Florida, but no.

Guess they figure people might be splitting time between the two states, everyone eventually ends up in Florida.
Quote:I've gotten more election mailers from Colorado than you'd ever imagine. You'd think they'd notice that they're mailing flyers about Colorado state propositions, amendments, Congressional seats and local ordinances to someone in Florida, but no.

When did you move out of Colorado?

Fortunately I have not received any mail from Ohio.
Quote:Guess they figure people might be splitting time between the two states, everyone eventually ends up in Florida.
Colorado/Florida is a very popular snowbird combination, almost as popular as Minnesota/Arizona.

Quote:When did you move out of Colorado?
When I packed the last of the crap onto a U-Haul and headed east on I-70.
Quote:People bring out of state numbers with them when they move. They'll still call you

I had to change my phone number when I moved. If they called my old number, he/she would have heard an operator saying it does not exist.

I bet the bot hung up on Jdub and put itself on the do not call list
Quote:I bet the bot hung up on Jdub and put itself on the do not call list
"Self-destruct sequence will initiate in 3...2...1..."
"The only way to win is not to play." Beeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Jdub will submit a ballot with a shrillary vote in Ohio. Whether she knows it or not. It's called cheating and that is what shrillary does.

Quote:Jdub will submit a ballot with a shrillary vote in Ohio. Whether she knows it or not. It's called cheating and that is what shrillary does.

Exactly how do you think a Floridian can get an Ohio ballot mailed to her home over the weekend?
Quote:Exactly how do you think a Floridian can get an Ohio ballot mailed to her home over the weekend?

Did you miss the "whether she knows it or not" part? Meaning it would be done without your knowledge...lol
Quote:Did you miss the "whether she knows it or not" part? Meaning it would be done without your knowledge...lol
Thanks, I just don't have the energy. :yes:
Quote:Did you miss the "whether she knows it or not" part? Meaning it would be done without your knowledge...lol

It is impossible to vote without knowing I voted, duh.
Pages: 1 2