Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Watson injury bad for Jags too. (read below)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So lets play the possbillty game here. I'm not saying this will,or won't happen. lets use our imangianetions.   

Lets imagetion Jags win Super Bowl.  Team wouldn't get crediet for being good at all. 

The medeia would say they were in a division with injuryed qbs so had no copmtation. Luck was on ir,Watson tore his acl in pratice,and mariota was playing injuryed. 

we all know this is truth.   the whole thing is if every team in our division had thier starting qb healty and we bbeat themplus won super bowl team would then get credit.

That is why watson injury hurts jags as well,but it also helps them with this season. The division is the jags to take all they have to do is start a winning streak.
Oh boy.

I love ya Wolfie but if the Jags win the SB.... who cares what anyone says?! WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!
Ummmmm...no.
(11-02-2017, 07:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy.

I love ya Wolfie but if the Jags win the SB.... who cares what anyone says?! WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!

This times a million.

I could hear the detractors now...

"The Jaguars are one of the worst teams to win the Super Bowl...blah blah blah."

The operative phrase is "...to win the Super Bowl."
Watson had the hot hand before he tore his ACL. That would have been a good game to watch when we play Watson and the Tinhorns at home. Instead we can clinch the division and have a chance to pad our defensive stats as we tee off on whoever their QB is that day. I like that much better

But over the offseason teams are going to have a chance to study a half-a-season's worth of tape on Watson and be better at containing him when he comes back next year.
(11-02-2017, 07:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy.

Agreed from a Jaguars standpoint.  If the Jags win the Super Bowl,  the accomplishment will have sports merit to the nth degree.
We were probably gonna beat the texans even with him, that whole team is falling apart. Its kind of sad, I prefer beating opponents at their best. But at this point us Jag fans are desperate, we will take the playoffs any way we can get it!
(11-02-2017, 07:45 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]We were probably gonna beat the Texans even with him, that whole team is falling apart. It's kind of sad, I prefer beating opponents at their best. But at this point us Jag fans are desperate, we will take the playoffs any way we can get it!

What I worry about is people who don't care about the Jaguars will put an asterisk on our division title because Tom Savage or Matt McGloin played half the season for the Texans. It could be like after we beat the Steelers in overtime, people were citing the name Tommy Maddox as an excuse.
This is one thread that definitely needs to be deleted.
If that scenario plays out and the jags win a SB, i don't give a damn what other say, even if the division was bad, the NFC champion, and other AFC playoff teams had the chance to beat the jags and none of those could actually do it.
So...we’re winning the super bowl? Wooohooo!
I'm with everyone else, it wouldn't matter to me if every possible domino fell and we won the SB. I imagine if you ask any sports team fan that hasn't won a championship in 30,40,50 years if they would care if their team won because of an injury, fluke play, or missed call. I'm sure most would say they wouldn't care.
(11-02-2017, 07:18 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]Watson had the hot hand before he tore his ACL. That would have been a good game to watch when we play Watson and the Tinhorns at home. Instead we can clinch the division and have a chance to pad our defensive stats as we tee off on whoever their QB is that day. I like that much better

But over the offseason teams are going to have a chance to study a half-a-season's worth of tape on Watson and be better at containing him when he comes back next year.

LOL......keep hoping.  You assume Watson won't improve watching film and get better as he spends more time in the system.  The whole "oh, once they get film" argument is an attempt by rival fans to hope he is not as good been shown.

Hate to tell you.....he is as good as your eyes sees.   

He will be back........
The playoffs, to say nothing of the Super Bowl...are a LONG ways away.

But you guys and gals need to prepare yourselves for the abject hostility to come from the national media should we make it to the Super Bowl.

For two weeks...we'll take shot after shot from media hacks like Michael Silver and Colin Cowherd who resent Jacksonville's existence as an NFL team.
(11-02-2017, 11:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]The playoffs, to say nothing of the Super Bowl...are a LONG ways away.

But you guys and gals need to prepare yourselves for the abject hostility to come from the national media should we make it to the Super Bowl.

For two weeks...we'll take shot after shot from media hacks like Michael Silver and Colin Cowherd who resent Jacksonville's existence as an NFL team.

I will not prepare myself for Super Bowl hostility until we get there. Right now everything is pointing to the playoffs, but nothing is pointing to the Super Bowl.
They traded their left tackle right before then..Watson wouldn't have had much time to throw against us. Plus I like our secondary against him anyway
(11-02-2017, 08:15 PM)CJaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 07:45 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]We were probably gonna beat the Texans even with him, that whole team is falling apart. It's kind of sad, I prefer beating opponents at their best. But at this point us Jag fans are desperate, we will take the playoffs any way we can get it!

What I worry about is people who don't care about the Jaguars will put an asterisk on our division title because Tom Savage or Matt McGloin played half the season for the Texans. It could be like after we beat the Steelers in overtime, people were citing the name Tommy Maddox as an excuse.

If we win the division title, what "people" have to say about it doesn't worry me in the slightest.
(11-03-2017, 08:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 08:15 PM)CJaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]What I worry about is people who don't care about the Jaguars will put an asterisk on our division title because Tom Savage or Matt McGloin played half the season for the Texans. It could be like after we beat the Steelers in overtime, people were citing the name Tommy Maddox as an excuse.

If we win the division title, what "people" have to say about it doesn't worry me in the slightest.
Couldn't care less about what people say.
(11-02-2017, 11:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]The playoffs, to say nothing of the Super Bowl...are a LONG ways away.

Every insult, every shot, every piece of hate will be oh so delicious.
I can't wait!!!!
Lets say the Jags win the Super Bowl....that means we beat the teams that won their divisions, and the best teams in the league. So because one team wasn't at their best we are going to be judged based on that?

Ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 3