Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jacoby Brisset is kind of good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to hand it to the clots, you usually lose when you deal for NE backups, but Brissett seems to have steadily improved each week. Hes accurate gets good yardage, and can move. Hes not Andrew Luck, but he is far better than most backups I can think of. Irsay is probably mad that he is killing the chance for the #1 overall tho.  Tongue
90% of the Colts roster sucks and Brissett is part of that 90%!,,,
Brissett is a pretty a solid backup I think. He is not a starter.
He was great against the Jags a couple of weeks ago.
I think he still holds on to the ball longer than he should.
He gets flustered when rushed, but definitely a solid back-up.
The Colts should hang on to him after the season, because it's obvious they will need him.
(11-07-2017, 10:30 AM)ArtieZiff Wrote: [ -> ]I think he still holds on to the ball longer than he should.
The Colts should hang on to him after the season, because it's obvious they will need him.

Seems his most glaring issue. 

Could be coachable still. He's still very young.
Good backup, not a starter. You can see the potential.
UF has been kicking out some decent QBs in Cam Newton and Jacoby Brissett.
(11-07-2017, 10:30 AM)ArtieZiff Wrote: [ -> ]I think he still holds on to the ball longer than he should.

Sounds like hes learned from Luck.
He's a good backup and is gaining valuable experience.  He may end up being the Colts "franchise QB".  I kind of suspect that Luck either doesn't return, or if he does he won't be the same.
His stats vs the Texans are slightly misleading.  He hit TY on a simple 15 yard slant and TY turned it into a 80 yard TD

Conversely, hitting TY in stride on the 45 yard TD pass (all in the air) was sweet.

He definitely has potential --- arm strength like Cam but doesn't quite have the pocket presence that Watson demonstrated.
(11-08-2017, 11:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]His stats vs the Texans are slightly misleading.  He hit TY on a simple 15 yard slant and TY turned it into a 80 yard TD

Conversely, hitting TY in stride on the 45 yard TD pass (all in the air) was sweet.

He definitely has potential --- arm strength like Cam but doesn't quite have the pocket presence that Watson demonstrated.

I never agreed with the way the do the QB yards stat.
If the ball is in the air for 15 yards, they should get credit for 15 yards.
It's misleading, plus 2 players are getting credit for the same yards.
(11-08-2017, 12:11 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 11:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]His stats vs the Texans are slightly misleading.  He hit TY on a simple 15 yard slant and TY turned it into a 80 yard TD

I never agreed with the way the do the QB yards stat.
If the ball is in the air for 15 yards, they should get credit for 15 yards.
It's misleading, plus 2 players are getting credit for the same yards.

Indeed.
It's happening with Bortles this year... He has very few long balls "through the air"

ESPN's stats have "through the air" stats under the splits, so I like to check it out to see who is really dinking and dunking...