Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where is the excitement?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Last weekend my wife and I drove down to Ocala to buy a cat (I know it sucks, but happy wife = happy life).  My wife commented that she didn't see a single Hillary yard sign nor did we see one single "Hillary"  bumper sticker.

We saw a lot of Trump signs in yards, though tolerant liberals seem to think they need to be taken down.

It got me thinking a bit today on my drive in to work.  I kept a tally and the results pretty much mirror the poll on this MB.  I saw exactly 9 bumper stickers for Trump, 0 Hillary stickers and 1 0bama sticker.  I counted 8 Trump signs in my neighborhood as I left and 0 Hillary signs.

My guess is that liberals aren't really enthused about their candidate whereas the trumpettes have their minons fired up.

I don't know how the rest of the country is at this point, but in NE Florida it's looking like a Trump win in a landslide.
Quote:Last weekend my wife and I drove down to Ocala to buy a cat
Did you meet J-Dub?
Quote:Last weekend my wife and I drove down to Ocala to buy a cat (I know it sucks, but happy wife = happy life).  My wife commented that she didn't see a single Hillary yard sign nor did we see one single "Hillary"  bumper sticker.

We saw a lot of Trump signs in yards, though tolerant liberals seem to think they need to be taken down.

It got me thinking a bit today on my drive in to work.  I kept a tally and the results pretty much mirror the poll on this MB.  I saw exactly 9 bumper stickers for Trump, 0 Hillary stickers and 1 0bama sticker.  I counted 8 Trump signs in my neighborhood as I left and 0 Hillary signs.

My guess is that liberals aren't really enthused about their candidate whereas the trumpettes have their minons fired up.

I don't know how the rest of the country is at this point, but in NE Florida it's looking like a Trump win in a landslide.
You'll hear similar reports from around the country.  I've got friends in Michigan who have said the same thing.  You'll see the occasional Hillary sign, but Trump outnumbers them exponentially.

Another friend in North Carolina has indicated the same thing. 

In my own area, there are 2 Hillary signs, and one of them is in the yard of a house that's been in foreclosure and is bank owned for over a year.  Conveniently, the other sign is next door, and the person who lives there is an active member of the Florida Democratic Party. 

I was at our neighborhood Ace Hardware on Monday.  I know the guy who runs the place.  He's a retired cop.  He was talking to a guy who was getting an order from him.  Turns out, it was someone from the local Trump office.  Apparently, the manager puts Trump signs in front of his store every day, and by the next morning, they're gone or destroyed.  Rather than complain, he just puts more out.  The local campaign office brings him signs twice a week.   Other businesses around theirs also do the same thing. 

My neighbor across the cul de sac has had a Trump sign in his yard for over a year.  It started out closer to the curb, but someone kept coming into the area and taking his signs, so now he's got it up by the house, and hasn't had an issue in 6 months. 

I've seen more O' and Joe, or Obama Biden stickers in the area than Hillary this election cycle.  There's almost no enthusiasm for her candidacy aside from those who have invested heavily in buying access to her presidency. 

Obama comes to town yesterday to give a speech on her behalf at UNF, mentions himself almost 100 times while bringing her up less than a dozen.  The crowd there was excited to see him.  Not so much about Hillary.

Meanwhile, on the same day, Trump holds a rally at the equestrian center on the far west side of town, draws a crowd of thousands, and they were really amped up. 

Quote:Did you meet J-Dub?

LOL I live 45 minutes north of Ocala. The only way to see me is drive to my condo in Gainesville.

I don't count Trump signs or bumper stickers, but have seen them. None for Clinton, unfortunately.
Quote:LOL I live 45 minutes north of Ocala. The only way to see me is drive to my condo in Gainesville.

I don't count Trump signs or bumper stickers, but have seen them. None for Clinton, unfortunately.

Maybe you can get one and turn it into a cat sweater.
Quote:Maybe you can get one and turn it into a cat sweater.

The only yard signs allowed here are FOR SALE when someone is moving.
Quote:The only yard signs allowed here are FOR SALE when someone is moving.
I see your neighbors have gotten wise.
Quote:The only yard signs allowed here are FOR SALE when someone is moving.
I'm pretty sure those are Hillary signs.
Quote:I'm pretty sure those are Hillary signs.
[Image: cheers-slow-clap.gif]
I live in southwestern Ohio and the Trump signs outnumber the Hillary signs here by at least 8-1, even in the more liberal areas.

Quote:I see your neighbors have gotten wise.

Wise about what?
I was coming home from my in-law's house yesterday and I saw three Clinton signs spaced out in a row. Someone had made their own signs and put one between each of them that went like this: Clinton (sign)-Send-Clinton-Her-Clinton-To Prison! If they hadn't been on the side of a country road with hills and curves and virtually no way to pull off safely I would have taken a picture and shared it here. I got a laugh out of it. 

There are mostly Trump signs and stickers here but there are a fair amount of Clinton signs as well. Talk around town is most people don't even want to vote either way. The early voting line yesterday was not very long at all. I may go up there Tuesday just to see what kind of turnout there is. You know..... I don't even remember seeing a democrat tent outside the building like I've seen in the past. There was a republican one with a very enthusiastic lady and a few others who were trying to accost us with sample ballots. 

who leads?

Quote:Who leads?

In early votes? I read Trump by one percent, but that is not saying much. Clinton will win in four days.
Quote:In early votes? I read Trump by one percent, but that is not saying much. Clinton will win in four days.

Shut your pie hole please. You give me a headache.
From what I read today Michigan is now in Play, vitual tie up there

I mentioned something along the lines of this post over a month ago and was told I need to leave Jacksonville to see th Hillary supporters. From what I'm hearing, there aren't many elsewhere?
I'm over here in Riverside, the bastion of the young and liberal, and there is a surprising lack of Hillary signs.
Quote:Shut your pie hole please. You give me a headache.

What is a pie hole?

I don't give people headaches.
Quote:What is a pie hole?

I don't give people headaches.

Not intentionally.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5