Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne is a 'decent' QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just had a guy on twitter have an exchange with me....thought id bring it here for second thoughts? lol

'Henne is a decent QB '... my reply: 'No, he's terrible. You must enjoy it when he checks it down to his RB'...him: 'He's good, because he doesn't even [BLEEP] play' ... my reply: ' I got it, he's good because he doesn't play. Thanks for the clarification'

Some people just have no football acumen at all.

Quote:Just had a guy on twitter have an exchange with me....thought id bring it here for second thoughts? lol

'Henne is a decent QB '... my reply: 'No, he's terrible. You must enjoy it when he checks it down to his RB'...him: 'He's good, because he doesn't even [BAD WORD REMOVED] play' ... my reply: ' I got it, he's good because he doesn't play. Thanks for the clarification'

Some people just have no football acumen at all.

I think some people love the attention, albeit in an argument.. you have to feel sorry for them.
I mean, I don't even want to have those exchanges with people online... but c'mon, you cant say obscene things like that and not have my attention. Lol

Quote:I mean, I don't even want to have those exchanges with people online... but c'mon, you cant say obscene things like that and not have my attention. Lol

Myself and a friend of mine ironically worship Henne on Twitter from time to time.. we refer to him as CFH - no points for guessing what the 'F' stands for in there.
were you the guy I was talking too? lmao.

Quote:Myself and a friend of mine ironically worship Henne on Twitter from time to time.. we refer to him as CFH - no points for guessing what the 'F' stands for in there.

You think he's a Cowboy From Hell?
Quote:You think he's a Cowboy From Hell?

Why not, he could be a massive Pantera fan.
Quote:were you the guy I was talking too? [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Nope, not me.. I've not been on Twitter much today (my handle is in my signature on here)..

If he played for the Pattriots and had 100 free shots at the end zone then yes, he's a decent QB.

I still remember that throw to Blackmon for the 81yd TD :thumbsup:

People around here have called him all sorts of unjustified things. A "good" backup is an excellent example. The words "good" and "Henne" don't belong in the same sentence, unless the sentence is "Hey Henne, good job blowing that game!"

Henne is garbage.
Quote:People around here have called him all sorts of unjustified things. A "good" backup is an excellent example. The words "good" and "Henne" don't belong in the same sentence, unless the sentence is "Hey Henne, good job blowing that game!"

Or "Good, we finally replaced Henne as backup."
So OP got trolled on twitter and wants thoughts?

Who's OP? Lol

What bothers me about Henne is that he does not look like he has the drive to be a starter. Maybe it's just my opinion of his body language.

He seems to be content to do enough to make an entire career as a backup. Not a bad gig actually. You make the vet minimum for a few years, you retire with a pension and you barely got hurt and have money in the bank. His entire NFL career has been in the state of FL and he probably did not get killed on state income taxes.

He probably has no goal/motivation to make the Jags better or provide mentorship to BB5. As long as he provides a warm body for when Bortles gets hurt, where he can come in and get 4 downs, then go back to the bench.
If we have another 3-13/4-12 season I hope we get Sam Darnold if he comes out or Jake Browning. Henne is the most overpaid player in the NFL. We got stuck with him because of the Gabbert screwup. I'd like to see Brandon Allen surpass Henne on the depth chart and maybe cut him.

Darnold,Browning,Grier,Allen,Rosen,and Jackson. Next year is LOADED
Quote:If we have another 3-13/4-12 season I hope we get Sam Darnold if he comes out or Jake Browning. Henne is the most overpaid player in the NFL. We got stuck with him because of the Gabbert screwup. I'd like to see Brandon Allen surpass Henne on the depth chart and maybe cut him.
The most overpaid player in the NFL huh.....
The word "decent" is interesting. You see, decent suggests something is basically average but just slightly better than average. It's antonym is mediocre which suggests something is basically average but just slightly worse than average.

This is the highest praise I've heard regarding Henne, but still he's only saying that Henne is slightly better than your average backup qb.

Pages: 1 2