Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3rd RB/2nd QB against Jaguars Starters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And I bet we get demolished. Defensive scheme will again be exposed. Offense will sputter. This should be the straw that breaks the camel's back. If we get blown out again, this could cause a serious revolt, and people should lose their jobs. Should be an exciting time. ¡Revoluciôn!
Kelce just might put up 120 yards and 2 TD Sunday. 

This is an interesting test for Hackett who supposedly is determined to run the ball. The chefs allow 113 yards per game on the ground but if I were them I'd load the box and make Blake throw. Not much on film this season to suggest he'd have any success doing it :/

If Hackett can get Bortles to effectively involve the TEs, they might put up enough points to keep it from being a blowout. 

Still.... I predict 28-10 (chefs)  at halftime.

To OP:

Nah,

the key is for the Offense to actually show up in the first half and into the 3rd qtr.

Jags are the worst (#32 WORST) scoring offense in the first 3 qtrs this season.

They need to find a way to just sustain 2 or 3 drives in the first half, which:

- keeps the TOP greater

- limits the KC offense's opportunities

- gives the defense more rest than just 3 and out breaks

- NOT turnover the ball (especially in your own scoring zone)

- and SCORE some points (at LEAST 7 to 14 first half points)

If the offense can get its butt in gear during the early part of games, they'd be in MUCH better shape to compete for wins.

We'll see.

Of course, just like others have stated, the offense may finally look good during the first 3 qtrs, but the defense will probably completely fall apart #becausejaguars
Quote:This is an interesting test for Hackett who supposedly is determined to run the ball. The chefs allow 113 yards per game on the ground but if I were them I'd load the box and make Blake throw. Not much on film this season to suggest he'd have any success doing it :/

Agree. Thuat is exactly what opposing defenses should do until BB shows he can beat it.

Don't let the ground game succeed at all, and make BB beat them with passing.

They'll keep doing it until he finally makes them pay for it.
They're also missing their best pass rusher, one of the better interior D-linemen in the league and a starting o-linemen.
Time to unleash the beast

[Image: 062716-NFL-JAX-Dan-Skuta-PI.vadapt.664.high.33.jpg]

Quote:And I bet we get demolished. Defensive scheme will again be exposed. Offense will sputter. This should be the straw that breaks the camel's back. If we get blown out again, this could cause a serious revolt, and people should lose their jobs. Should be an exciting time. ¡Revoluciôn!
Give up hope. If Khan didn't fire Bradley after Tennessee, he's not going to fire him until the postseason.
Quote:Give up hope. If Khan didn't fire Bradley after Tennessee, he's not going to fire him until the postseason.

I'll settle for any position Coach.
Quote:Give up hope. If Khan didn't fire Bradley after Tennessee, he's not going to fire him until the postseason.
Agreed.  We've seen the last of the coach firings until the end of the season.

Nick Foles is a capable back up whom is familiar with the system. They have a deep stable of backs. The block well, period. They have a dominant, veteran defense.

We should lose this game. We don't have this much going for us. They're 5-2. I hope we win this game, but our opponent is nothing short of formidable.
The Jags proved last year that they were incapable of taking advantage of opponents weakened by injuries, and that was with BB5 having a career year.

It's no different this year.

Charcandrick West can play. He's better than any RB we have. If the D doesn't come to play, he is capable of running wild.
Most teams playing with their backup QB and 3rd string RB would be toast.  Then again, most teams aren't playing the Jags every week.  We are bake. 

Quote:Most teams playing with their backup QB and 3rd string RB would be toast.  Then again, most teams aren't playing the Jags every week.  We are bake. 

Nick Foles actually looked pretty good last week.  I think the Jaguars lose by a number in the teens.