Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More national media bias
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Listening to the shows today, the national bias against the Jags screams louder than ever; it is truly sickening.  Pretty much the only airtime we get is the fight and how Green must have been pushed over the edge because he is such a 'good guy'.  No mention of holding the Bungles to 37 plays and 30 yards rushing.  No mention that Green had 1 catch for 6. No mention of the domination in TOP.  Little mention of Bortles playing a mistake free game, and playing within himself and not hurting the team and (gasp), delivering on 3rd down (9/10 at one point).  All I'm hearing is how the Patriots and the Steelers (even after we rolled them) are the top seeds in the AFC.  And how great the Seahawks are, despite the same record.  Blah de blah de blah.  Yes they have won a Super Bowl and should have one two, but they are average at best this year IMO.  This year, they are a slow starting team that will get rolled by our defense on 12/10 if they continue in that vein.  I get that the national media doesnt trust BB5, and until the last two games, maybe fairly so.  That we are perceived as bunch of small market yahoo's who couldnt even host a proper Super Bowl week with decent weather.  It seems we will almost have to run the table to get any attention from these clowns, and flying under the radar looks better and better.  Call us the Teal Angels; fly low, hit them lower.  Props to NFL Network who still seem to recognize us as a team trending upwards.
Yeah, all the talk shows are like "AJ is such a good guy though.."

And Shannon Sharpe is saying Ramsey won't ever do that again. I'm like you clearly know nothing about Ramsey lol
We are a small market. We should be used to this. No one wants to talk about a team that has stunk for a decade. We literally have done nothing in ten years. Until we make noise in playoffs and become a regular top 15 team more multiple seasons, this is how we will be treated.
(11-06-2017, 02:24 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, all the talk shows are like "AJ is such a good guy though.."

And Shannon Sharpe is saying Ramsey won't ever do that again. I'm like you clearly know nothing about Ramsey lol

Ha-Ha.  Yeah - I'd bet Sharpe his salary and a closet full of ugly suits that Ramsey will do it again, and again, and again, and again...
Don't worry about this stuff. You miss the after game shows and Sunday night football stuff? How about Monday Morning QB column?

Not much to worry about with all this stuff. Eagles and Rams are big stories this year so your not going to be happy if you want them to sing our praises. As long as we can skip the protest stuff and just settle in on football all will be well. Enjoy football while we can the next Collective Bargaining is going to be awful.
Just keep winning and it will all take care of itself.
Honestly, the game yesterday was extremely boring if you're not a Jags fan.

The most interesting thing that happened was the fight so I have no problem with the media outlets talking about it.

However, I have heard quite a few outlets say "Are the Jags for real?" Jags and Saints seem to be the top 2 teams people are unsure about.
Who gives a [BLEEP] what the media says. Just keep winning..
I enjoyed the game tremendously. We are not a light up the score board team and that's fine with me. Aside from one drive with two big plays and Mixon getting his "TD," it was fun to watch these guys dominate. Yeah we should have done that to the Bengals, but we haven't been able to say that in a long time. I was at the local bar near Dayton Ohio (Jags transplant) and I had a good time hanging out with the Bengals fans trading Jabs at each other's teams. You must have watched the game alone. Find any sports bar and grab a buddy or two and even the most boring game turns into a great way to spend your Sunday afternoon
Current headline on nfl network: Can anyone compete with the Patriots and Steelers?
(11-06-2017, 03:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Current headline on nfl network: Can anyone compete with the Patriots and Steelers?

Yeah, Jalen Ramsey and our Defense. Regarding the Steelers part...it's like everyone forgot we completely annihilated them...in their house.
(11-06-2017, 03:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Current headline on nfl network: Can anyone compete with the Patriots and Steelers?

We need the Steelers to keep playing well and take out our divisional foes. They they can play like crap.

(11-06-2017, 03:30 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, Jalen Ramsey and our Defense. Regarding the Steelers part...it's like everyone forgot we completely annihilated them...in their house.

They also seem to forget we made Big Ben question if he still wanted to play football.

Amazing what a few weeks will do in this league.
I'll be a steelers fan on November 16th for sure.
I stopped going out of my way to watch big sportstalk shows for that reason, bias bias bias. Gotta keep the big markets happy for ratings. In addition, my fantasy team and picks against the spread have been much better without the national media input
(11-06-2017, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be a steelers fan on November 16th for sure.
And a Rams fan Christmas Eve, Cards fan the 10th, Colts November 26th....
(11-06-2017, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2017, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be a steelers fan on November 16th for sure.
And a Rams fan Christmas Eve, Cards fan the 10th, Colts November 26th....

I'm there with you.  The Jags and tacks are pulling away from the rest of the division.

Frankly, it's obvious the Jags are better than the tacks.  Look at the games against common opponents.  The tacks are limping through those games, and the Jags have been blowing through them.  It really wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals beat them.
Still getting your feelings hurt by the media not giving ample positive coverage. So soft as cotton.
This actually may be a good thing. Just keep flying under the radar. Let everyone think we're just mowing through weak teams and underestimate us come playoff time.
(11-06-2017, 03:42 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2017, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]And a Rams fan Christmas Eve, Cards fan the 10th, Colts November 26th....

I'm there with you.  The Jags and tacks are pulling away from the rest of the division.

Frankly, it's obvious the Jags are better than the tacks.  Look at the games against common opponents.  The tacks are limping through those games, and the Jags have been blowing through them.  It really wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals beat them.
Jags have the best point differential in the AFC with +89. Titans have like -13.

So I'd say the Jags are better but they still need to win in Tennessee.
The fight and that catch are the only real highlights. What else was expected?
Pages: 1 2 3