Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Help- Free TV Set- old style-disposal question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally did it, went with the flat screen. If anybody wants an old style TV with a built-in DVD and, yes, VHS player, it's free for the taking. Just come get it in St. Augustine. It is extremely heavy but may fit someone's needs for a garage or something, who knows.

I don't expect any takers, so question #2 becomes...how do I get rid of it? Are there electronic recycling services that will come get it? Any ideas?

Thanks
I would take it to somewhere like Goodwill or a similar charity place if it works.
I didn't call them but the local charities here in SA will take flat screens only. Looks like it's going into the dumpster at the end of the week. I bought off the maintenance guy with a bottle of Crown Royal- he says it's OK to put it into the dumpster so off it goes.
(11-07-2017, 10:18 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't call them but the local charities here in SA will take flat screens only. Looks like it's going into the dumpster at the end of the week. I bought off the maintenance guy with a bottle of Crown Royal- he says it's OK to put it into the dumpster so off it goes.

What the hell man? You didn't mention no Crown. Angry I woulda come got it and chunked it for a bottle of Crown Big Grin
(11-08-2017, 09:59 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 10:18 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't call them but the local charities here in SA will take flat screens only. Looks like it's going into the dumpster at the end of the week. I bought off the maintenance guy with a bottle of Crown Royal- he says it's OK to put it into the dumpster so off it goes.
What the hell man? You didn't mention no Crown. Angry I woulda come got it and chunked it for a bottle of Crown Big Grin

Come on down. Maintenance guy is coming in at 1 PM. Beat him in, get the CR.
In the news today, a St. Augustine man was attacked by his apartment maintenance man because he was not able to procure a bottle of liquor that was promised by the victim. As he was being led to a police car in handcuffs, the alleged attacker was heard to say "My weekend was all primed for a bottle of Crown. Then chump done say he gave it to someone else. You can't tease a man about that stuff."
I looked into his eyes as I handed over the Crown and I'm glad I did the right thing.