Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone - Coach of the Year Candidate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's worked his way into that honorable mention category thus far.  Could be a contender it the team continues on it's current path.  

Quote:
Graziano ESPN  ^

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21319...-midseason
Definitely deserves a mention
He certainly does. McVey is the runaway candidate right now for good reason, but I think McDermott and Marrone are a toss up for #2 with the edge to my biased opinion.
Jags rams eagles coaches have a good shot to me.
I do not want to see us lose to eagles in super bowl. They are the real deal.
If Marrone gets this team to the playoffs in his first full year, they're going to be a team that nobody wants to face, especially if the defense continues to play at a high level. He deserves to be considered for coach of the year honors if he can keep this team on track for a post-season berth.
(11-07-2017, 02:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He's worked his way into that honorable mention category thus far.  Could be a contender it the team continues on it's current path.  

Quote:
Graziano ESPN  ^

Depending on how the rest of the season turns out, he should definitely be in the mix. He's done a great job, with a lot of the same players that Gus had. There is no doubt in my mind marrone gets way more out of the players. 

Also, anyone notice how much better the message board has been lately?
(11-07-2017, 03:09 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]I do not want to see us lose to eagles in super bowl. They are the real deal.

If we lost to the Eagles in the [BLEEP] Super Bowl, I'd call that a pretty damn good season.
Well this is the game for me that will decide if I let myself start thinking playoffs or not.

Now let's get this straight, the Chargers have handled us with ease for as long as you can remember. Rivers looked like he was having a fun Sunday rather than working. They absolutely crushed us last year in SD.

Now for some reason I think this Blake vs Gus battle will be huge. They both know the others strengths and weaknesses, they know systems, our coaches are still the coaches Gus bought in. Now both teams have 8 games worth of film to see what is different and what's similar. Heres the weird thought I have, do you think Gus has that killer instinct to just attack Bottles weaknesses all afternoon? I just don't think he does. They'll be tough and competitive but I think this is a huge chance for Blake to almost make it look like Gus and his system was holding him back.

This isn't the team from last season though and if we can get to 6-3 (can't believe in typing that) then the South is ours to lose.

Just need to beat L.A. first, I've been stung by this franchise too many times before!!
(11-07-2017, 07:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]... Rivers looked like he was having a fun Sunday rather than working...

Now for some reason I think this Blake vs Gus battle will be huge. 

This isn't the team from last season though and if we can get to 6-3 (can't believe in typing that) then the South is ours to lose.

Just need to beat L.A. first, I've been stung by this franchise too many times before!!

Rivers has never faced this pass rush or thrown against this secondary.  It'll be different. 

It doesn't need to be Blake vs Gus. The Jags should be able to run for 150+ on the bolts defense w/o too much trouble. Blake can do what he did vs the steelers and be fine.  I bet Jags run it more than 35 times Sunday.
(11-07-2017, 02:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He's worked his way into that honorable mention category thus far.  Could be a contender it the team continues on it's current path.  

Quote:
Graziano ESPN  ^

I hadn't really thought of it but yeah, definitely deserves to be in the conversation.  If the Jags finish with say 10 or 11 wins and a number 1 defense and makes some noise in the playoffs? He should be one of the top 2 or 3 candidates.
(11-07-2017, 07:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 07:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]... Rivers looked like he was having a fun Sunday rather than working...

Now for some reason I think this Blake vs Gus battle will be huge. 

Rivers has never faced this pass rush or thrown against this secondary.  It'll be different. 

It doesn't need to be Blake vs Gus. The Jags should be able to run for 150+ on the bolts defense w/o too much trouble. Blake can do what he did vs the steelers and be fine.  I bet Jags run it more than 35 times Sunday.

Well I think that will be the game plan. Fournette has had 3 weeks off now and the ankle injury seems better than first feared. Ivory has done a really nice job filling in and even Yeldon in has had some nice plays. The O line has been such a surprise this year, even guys like Shatley coming in and playing really solid. 

I agree Blake just needs to keep doing The basic things he needs to do. In theory Gus should have the 'cheat' codes on nearly everyone of our players but he just doesn't scare me.
Not Fournette not west brook. Not Aj nor campbell
At the current path he should be in the running
Not the winner, but the second or third runner up...yeah he will probably get that.