Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Tom Coughlin defends CB Jalen Ramsey after skirmish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tom Coughlin defends CB Jalen Ramsey after skirmish

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-skirmish

Jaguars executive Tom Coughlin voiced his support for CB Jalen Ramsey, who was ejected after a fight with Bengals WR A.J. Green. Ramsey won't be suspended but could be subject to a fine.
Good job Coughlin. Stand up for your players who are being wrongfully accused.

I know the narrative is that Jalen instigated the fight but AJ pushed him first. Ramsey pushed him back. That’s football. Players get chippy and mix it up. It has happened in every game and will continue to happen. Green is the guy who took it to the next level. With Coughlin speaking out I fully expect there to be some apology from the NFL on the blown call.

I don’t care what it looks like or you trying to send a message or whatever. It was the wrong call. Anyone with eyes could see Green was done and looked to hurt Ramsey. Even his demeanor afterwards says it all. I got a buddy who was a bugles fan and he kept with the narrative that Green isn’t like that. Jalen said something personal. I don’t care. Ramsey was playing within the game. What Green did was despicable. .
(11-07-2017, 04:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Good job Coughlin. Stand up for your players who are being wrongfully accused.

I know the narrative is that Jalen instigated the fight but AJ pushed him first. Ramsey pushed him back. That’s football. Players get chippy and mix it up. It has happened in every game and will continue to happen. Green is the guy who took it to the next level. With Coughlin speaking out I fully expect there to be some apology from the NFL on the blown call.

I don’t care what it looks like or you trying to send a message or whatever. It was wrong call. Anyone with eyes could see Green was done and looked to hurt Ramsey. Even his demeanor afterwards says it all. I got a buddy who was a bugles fan and he kept with the narrative that Green isn’t like that. Jalen said something personal. I don’t care. Ramsey was playing within the game. What Green did was despicable. .

100% agree. I'll forever look at aj green as a thin skinned punk, with a new step daddy in Jalen Ramsey. The NFL referees have been horrendous. There is no consistency with suspensions from goodell. He needs to go.
(11-07-2017, 05:09 PM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 04:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Good job Coughlin. Stand up for your players who are being wrongfully accused.

I don’t care what it looks like or you trying to send a message or whatever. It was wrong call. Anyone with eyes could see Green was done and looked to hurt Ramsey. Even his demeanor afterwards says it all. I got a buddy who was a bugles fan and he kept with the narrative that Green isn’t like that. Jalen said something personal. I don’t care. Ramsey was playing within the game. What Green did was despicable. .

100% agree. I'll forever look at aj green as a thin skinned punk, with a new step daddy in Jalen Ramsey. The NFL referees have been horrendous. There is no consistency with suspensions from goodell. He needs to go.
This made me think, ‘too bad we don’t play the Giants.  Would love to see another OBJ hissy fit.
(11-07-2017, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 05:09 PM)Achilles Wrote: [ -> ]100% agree. I'll forever look at aj green as a thin skinned punk, with a new step daddy in Jalen Ramsey. The NFL referees have been horrendous. There is no consistency with suspensions from goodell. He needs to go.
This made me think, ‘too bad we don’t play the Giants.  Would love to see another OBJ hissy fit.

even if we did play the giants this seasom OBJ wouldn't be playing. hes out for the season,and has been for serveal games.
(11-07-2017, 06:27 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]This made me think, ‘too bad we don’t play the Giants.  Would love to see another OBJ hissy fit.

even if we did play the giants this seasom OBJ wouldn't be playing. hes out for the season,and has been for serveal games.

Nice catch!  

See what I did there?  Huh..huh?  Ninja
I stand behind Ramsey as well but can we all be honest here? He is the type of player that if he is on your team you love him, if not...I am so glad he is on my team!
(11-07-2017, 07:08 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I stand behind Ramsey as well but can we all be honest here?  He is the type of player that if he is on your team you love him, if not...I am so glad he is on my team!

Oh, completely agree.  Especially if he was a tack or tinhorn.  I had already thought about that.
Our dear leader.
(11-07-2017, 07:23 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 07:08 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I stand behind Ramsey as well but can we all be honest here?  He is the type of player that if he is on your team you love him, if not...I am so glad he is on my team!

Oh, completely agree.  Especially if he was a tack or tinhorn.  I had already thought about that.

It would be Cortland Finnegan all over again.... At least Ramsey is actually good though, and can back up his antics.
(11-08-2017, 01:04 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 07:23 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, completely agree.  Especially if he was a tack or tinhorn.  I had already thought about that.

It would be Cortland Finnegan all over again.... At least Ramsey is actually good though, and can back up his antics.

key difference there. Finnegan would talk trash with best of them, but the only coach who would give him a look was fisher. Ill never forget that Andre Johnson v Finnegan Brawl. 

I'll give it to my boy Ramsey, he shut down one of the best wr in the league, with one catch for 6 yards(which he blasted him on the side lines after making),  and spent half the game kickin it in the locker room. Few can say they pulled that off. I mean, Khan spent 10 mil on that locker room and people hardly use the thing.