Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags oline ranked 5th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For week 9 only. Read it on nfl.com

Linder gave up 3 hurries but the big story is Shatley playing good at Center. 

Told you guys oline wasn't an issue way back in April.
And that's against a really good Bengals front 7.
(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Told you guys oline wasn't an issue way back in April.

Well, to be fair, in August you said that both guard spots would be "super weak." And you said Parnell stinks "probably bottom ten in the league." 

Of course - we all thought LG was an issue in August as Omameh was really struggling in preseason.
Yea but that was in part due to Albert retiring.
(11-08-2017, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Told you guys oline wasn't an issue way back in April.

Well, to be fair, in August you said that both guard spots would be "super weak." And you said Parnell stinks "probably bottom ten in the league." 

Of course - we all thought LG was an issue in August as Omameh was really struggling in preseason.

I was more concerned with RG.  Omameh wasn't that bad last year.  Cann on the other hand
This is kind of mind blowing. This was a huge concern for us going into the season, amazing what we’ve been able to do with back ups. I wonder if the coaching staff keeps the Shatley and Linder pairing?
Who'd a thunk it just a couple of months ago. This team has improved so dramatically in so many aspects from last season. At least Gus found his ceiling.
Man, I've been saying for like 2 years Shatley is starting material. Keep him at center please!
(11-09-2017, 09:10 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I've been saying for like 2 years Shatley is starting material. Keep him at center please!

I've wanted him at guard for 2 years but he looks even better at center.  I would be happy rolling out the same group as last week for the foreseeable future.
This was kind of funny.

Quote:Newly acquired running back Jay Ajayi undoubtedly enjoyed this effort from his offensive line. In 138 carries for the Dolphins this season, the running back didn't hit paydirt once.

138 carries? Dude  must be tired! Cry

Edit: I thought it said for that game.  I guess the joke's on me....... Big Grin
(11-09-2017, 09:10 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I've been saying for like 2 years Shatley is starting material. Keep him at center please!

Two years 4mil locked up until 2019.

When you are playing as good as Shatley, you force the coaches to keep you in the lineup. Linder is the highest paid center playing guard. But hey...We're ranked 5th as a unit, so keep it going.

Don't stress. He will stay at Center.
It's looking like this team has far fewer holes than we all thought. It's amazing what a coaching change can accomplish.
This week will be a good test. Melvin Ingram absolutely embarrassed Parnell a couple of years ago so it will be nice to see if he has actually made strides or has just taken advantage of the weak opponents so far.
(11-10-2017, 06:18 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]This week will be a good test. Melvin Ingram absolutely embarrassed Parnell a couple of years ago so it will be nice to see if he has actually made strides or has just taken advantage of the weak opponents so far.

Ingram & Bosa have been one of the best combos this year putting pressure, kind of look like Morgan & Orakpo off the edge. Huge test for the Jaguars.
(11-11-2017, 12:01 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 06:18 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]This week will be a good test. Melvin Ingram absolutely embarrassed Parnell a couple of years ago so it will be nice to see if he has actually made strides or has just taken advantage of the weak opponents so far.

Ingram & Bosa have been one of the best combos this year putting pressure, kind of look like Morgan & Orakpo off the edge. Huge test for the Jaguars.

Other than the fact that Bosa and Ingram are actually, you know, good.
(11-11-2017, 12:01 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]

And now Omameh, Cann, and Parnell are all listed as questionable for the Chargers game.