Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Leonard Fournette: 'I was on time' in practice return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Leonard Fournette: 'I was on time' in practice return

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ice-return

Jacksonville Jaguars rookie running back Leonard Fournette apologized for his off-field actions that led him not playing Sunday. He made sure everyone knew he was on time to practice Wednesday.
Then he's a fool. Five minutes early or don't bother showing up at all. Wink
Let it pass.
I hope his emoji is aimed at himself, not in a "can't believe I got inactivated for that" kind of way. Hopefully he actually learned and isn't making a mockery out of it.
(11-08-2017, 03:49 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]I hope his emoji is aimed at himself, not in a "can't believe I got inactivated for that" kind of way. Hopefully he actually learned and isn't making a mockery out of it.

I think it was. He seemed to go out of his way to be apologetic. I wouldn't read too much into an emoticon.
(11-08-2017, 03:57 PM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 03:49 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]I hope his emoji is aimed at himself, not in a "can't believe I got inactivated for that" kind of way. Hopefully he actually learned and isn't making a mockery out of it.

I think it was. He seemed to go out of his way to be apologetic. I wouldn't read too much into an emoticon.

Typically I would agree but his last tweet before that also sounded kind of sarcastic. Hopefully that's not the case.
(11-08-2017, 04:00 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 03:57 PM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was. He seemed to go out of his way to be apologetic. I wouldn't read too much into an emoticon.

Typically I would agree but his last tweet before that also sounded kind of sarcastic. Hopefully that's not the case.

He's probably been getting a lot of "@" tweets... so he's laughing crying over how many people are on him about it....

that's how I saw it anyway
(11-08-2017, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 04:00 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]Typically I would agree but his last tweet before that also sounded kind of sarcastic. Hopefully that's not the case.

He's probably been getting a lot of "@" tweets... so he's laughing crying over how many people are on him about it....

that's how I saw it anyway

Stupid emojis and all their interpretations  Wallbash
He donated $50k to the Houston Flood Victims so its quite possible that he's a good guy and this can go down as a lesson learned.

It's not like he's getting all coked up in the FSU Phi Delta Theta fraternity house.
Apparently?
The question is. When he was sat down. Did it cost him his game check?
Who let this dimwit in here?
Fournette on suspension:

Quote:"We just had a misunderstanding, that's all," Fournette said. "That's out of the way now. I did my time, I did my punishment and now we're on to the L.A. Chargers."

Fournette was forced to watch his teammates beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 23-7. It wasn't easy to be a spectator during the team's first EverBank Field win of his rookie season.

"It was aggravating," Fournette said. "As a competitor and also a player, you want to go out there and play with your brothers. Like I said, it's just another lesson I'm to have to learn and grow up from."

Fournette doesn't think he has lost the respect of the locker room. He just wants to learn from the incident and get back to work.

He hasn't played in three weeks because of the benching, the bye week and an ankle injury. Trying to find a silver lining in the whole ordeal, the rookie running back is feeling great heading into the matchup against the Chargers.

"God does everything for a reason, man," Fournette said. "Maybe it was my time to sit out. I feel great. Can't wait to go out there Sunday in our stadium and go to work."

Mike Kaye -  FCN   ^
So he is not pissed about it, learned from it and excited to get to it Sunday against the Chargers...yet, we’re trying to find the underlying meaning behind an emoji? Lol, gimme a break. Sounds like ‘ol fournette will be just fine. Can’t wait to see him back.
(11-08-2017, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]So he is not pissed about it, learned from it and excited to get to it Sunday against the Chargers...yet, we’re trying to find the underlying meaning behind an emoji?  Lol,  gimme a break.  Sounds like ‘ol fournette will be just fine.  Can’t wait to see him back.

Easy to say after that statement lol, that made me feel much better. Definitely seems to have taken it ideally
(11-08-2017, 06:33 PM)d4rkman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]So he is not pissed about it, learned from it and excited to get to it Sunday against the Chargers...yet, we’re trying to find the underlying meaning behind an emoji?  Lol,  gimme a break.  Sounds like ‘ol fournette will be just fine.  Can’t wait to see him back.

Easy to say after that statement lol, that made me feel much better. Definitely seems to have taken it ideally
Yeah, I wouldn’t be worried at all.
A little sidebar on this:

Boselli reported on Jaguars Monday that it was Marrone's decision to suspend Fournette. Not Coughlin's.
Just some info for those who had been speculating that it was a TC move. It wasn't.
Why did Marrone suspend him? For a team picture he missed out or something?!... sounds pretty stupid.
(11-08-2017, 10:45 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Why did Marrone suspend him? For a team picture he missed out or something?!... sounds pretty stupid.

Multiple absences of late appearances. 
The picture was only one of them. 

Doesn't sound stupid at all. He broke team rules and took the penalty in stride. Then the back-up backfield went for over 170 APY. 

Didn't you just call a Jag player a diva?  But you think Marrone should encourage diva behavior?  

Hypocritical much?
(11-08-2017, 10:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017, 10:45 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Why did Marrone suspend him? For a team picture he missed out or something?!... sounds pretty stupid.

Multiple absences of late appearances. 
The picture was only one of them. 

Doesn't sound stupid at all. He broke team rules and took the penalty in stride. Then the back-up backfield went for over 170 APY. 

Didn't you just call a Jag player a diva?  But you think Marrone should encourage diva behavior?  

Hypocritical much?

If we ignore him he will go away.
Pages: 1 2