Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The good guys are sitting at 5-3 at the halfway point, their best mid season record since 2007. They achieved this with an eventful 23-7 win over the Bengals, that featured a deactivation of RB Leonard Fournette, who wound up being deactivated because he missed some rehab and a team picture.  It also featured a fight between Jaguars' CB Jalen Ramsey and Bengals' WR A.J. Green.  I have to think Ramsey's success against Green had something to do with the fracas.  I can't imagine he is the only CB who has talked trash to him, or even pushed him before the whistle stopped.  But I have enough respect for AJ Green to know not too many guys have held him to 1 catch for 6 yards in one half of play.  If Ramsey wasn't doing well against him, I don't think anything he said would have mattered.  If anything, Green, et al would have beat him and laughed.  But the fact the Jaguars played without two of their better players and still won handily speaks to where this team is headed.  They are tied with the tacks record wise, who eked out a win over the Ravens.  The Colts and Texans, decimated by bad drafting and injuries respectively, are taking up the rear, each two games back.

L.A. Chargers (3-5) at Jaguars (5-3)-Historically, Phillip Rivers has dominated the Jaguars.  He has a 6-1 record against the Jaguars, and something like a 19-4 TD-INT ratio all time.  He is also helped by two good pass rushers in Ingram and Bosa.  However, even though he makes me nervous, I get the sense this Jaguars team is much better equipped to face him now.  This Jaguars team can rush the passer and, until last week, was on pace to break the single season team sack record held by the '84 Bears.  Furthermore, this Jaguars team covers better than any other Jaguars team in franchise history, with rising NFL Villain/superstar CB Jalen Ramsey and less notorious but nearly as effective A.J. Bouye.  Finally, with the return of a presumably well rested Leonard Fournette going against the 31st ranked rush defense, the Jaguars offense is capable of playing keep away and keeping Rivers off the field.  I think this game will be closer than the Bengals game, and I will be sitting on pins and needles until this game is over, but I think the Jaguars pull it off 24-13.

Steelers (6-2) at Colts (3-6)-The Colts won last week against a Texans team reeling from the mid week, mid season, non contact ACL injury to rookie QB DeShaun Watson and the mid season trade of LT Duane Brown.  They should have no such benefits this week, and no chance to win.  Steelers 31-Colts 14.

Bengals (3-5) at tacks (5-3) Bengals CB Adam Jones (formerly known as Pac Man), openly questioned the team's desire to win after the loss to the Jaguars.  If they haven't quit, they are capable of making it interesting against the tacks.  It is unlikely A.J. Green will get ejected from the game two weeks in a row, and the tacks can't rush the passer or cover as well as the Jaguars.  But at the end of the day, I think the tacks are too much for the Bengals.  tacks 27-Bengals 20.

Texans (3-5) at L.A. Rams (6-2) This is looking like a special year for the Rams.  As depleted as the Texans are, I don't see how they stand a chance in this game.  They can't rush the passer, can't pass protect and can't score without Watson.  A bad combination against an offense scoring a bunch of points.  Rams 34-Texans 17.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  According to KodiakJag..."You're missing a game, Bullseye.  I think you're 14-13. "  I'll go with that.  That sounds about right.
I agree with your picks, Bullseye. Time for the Jaguars to take over the division, and it starts with winning games against teams you have superior talent to. I think the Jaguars have superior talent to the chargers.

Also the other games are easy picks in terms of talent. I'd love to see the Bengals pick themselves up off the mat after the way the Jaguars manhandled them, but I doubt it happens.
Jaguars defense is overrated. Faced 4 of their last 8 with teams thats at the bottom for YPG.

Rivers & Gordon will stomp the Jags defense
(11-09-2017, 12:52 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars defense is overrated. Faced 4 of their last 8 with teams thats at the bottom for YPG.

The Steelers aren't in that category.

We held them to 9 points in their house.

The Rams aren't in that category.  Held them to 13 offensive points.

We held the Ravens to 7 points.  Your tacks did not.

Texans?  7 points.  I don't want to hear anything about Watson being on the bench in the first half.  When he came in, we sacked him 4 times and picked him off once.  Did the tacks?
(11-09-2017, 12:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:52 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars defense is overrated. Faced 4 of their last 8 with teams thats at the bottom for YPG.

The Steelers aren't in that category.

Texans?  7 points.  I don't want to hear anything about Watson being on the bench in the first half.  When he came in, we sacked him 4 times and picked him off once.  Did the tacks?

Big Ben sucks this year. And notice how you ignored he last 4 of the other teams? Lol

Ravens offense is garbage lol
(11-09-2017, 12:59 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]The Steelers aren't in that category.

Big Ben sucks this year. And notice how you ignored he last 4 of the other teams? Lol

1.  I had no interest in going through the entirety of our schedule.  Your point is that the Jaguars defense is overrated because we played poor offenses.  But the results show when we play good offense, the defense has still been effective.

2. Let's see how you do against Big Ben before saying he "sucks this year."  He still has thrown more TD passes than Mariota.  Outside of the Jaguars game, he has only thrown 4 INTs.

3.  That garbage Ravens offense put up 20 in your house.
(11-09-2017, 01:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:59 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Big Ben sucks this year. And notice how you ignored he last 4 of the other teams? Lol

1.  I had no interest in going through the entirety of our schedule.  Your point is that the Jaguars defense is overrated because we played poor offenses.  But the results show when we play good offense, the defense has still been effective.

2. Let's see how you do against Big Ben before saying he "sucks this year."  He still has thrown more TD passes than Mariota.  Outside of the Jaguars game, he has only thrown 4 INTs.

3.  That garbage Ravens offense put up 20 in your house.

Yet still ranked at the bottom for YPG. Face a good offense than come and talk to me. Rivers will hang 20 plus on you guys this week. Lol. Titans put 37 on you guys with horrible coaches.
My picks this week.

Jaguars
Steelers
Titans    <-  I hope I'm wrong about this one.   Sick
Rams

2-1 Last week
18-9 Overall
(11-08-2017, 07:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]The good guys are sitting at 5-3 at the halfway point, their best mid season record since 2007. They achieved this with an eventful 23-7 win over the Bengals, that featured a deactivation of RB Leonard Fournette, who wound up being deactivated because he missed some rehab and a team picture.  It also featured a fight between Jaguars' CB Jalen Ramsey and Bengals' WR A.J. Green.  I have to think Ramsey's success against Green had something to do with the fracas.  I can't imagine he is the only CB who has talked trash to him, or even pushed him before the whistle stopped.  But I have enough respect for AJ Green to know not too many guys have held him to 1 catch for 6 yards in one half of play.  If Ramsey wasn't doing well against him, I don't think anything he said would have mattered.  If anything, Green, et al would have beat him and laughed.  But the fact the Jaguars played without two of their better players and still won handily speaks to where this team is headed.  They are tied with the tacks record wise, who eked out a win over the Ravens.  The Colts and Texans, decimated by bad drafting and injuries respectively, are taking up the rear, each two games back.

L.A. Chargers (3-5) at Jaguars (5-3)-Historically, Phillip Rivers has dominated the Jaguars.  He has a 6-1 record against the Jaguars, and something like a 19-4 TD-INT ratio all time.  He is also helped by two good pass rushers in Ingram and Bosa.  However, even though he makes me nervous, I get the sense this Jaguars team is much better equipped to face him now.  This Jaguars team can rush the passer and, until last week, was on pace to break the single season team sack record held by the '84 Bears.  Furthermore, this Jaguars team covers better than any other Jaguars team in franchise history, with rising NFL Villain/superstar CB Jalen Ramsey and less notorious but nearly as effective A.J. Bouye.  Finally, with the return of a presumably well rested Leonard Fournette going against the 31st ranked rush defense, the Jaguars offense is capable of playing keep away and keeping Rivers off the field.  I think this game will be closer than the Bengals game, and I will be sitting on pins and needles until this game is over, but I think the Jaguars pull it off 24-13.

Steelers (6-2) at Colts (3-6)-The Colts won last week against a Texans team reeling from the mid week, mid season, non contact ACL injury to rookie QB DeShaun Watson and the mid season trade of LT Duane Brown.  They should have no such benefits this week, and no chance to win.  Steelers 31-Colts 14.

Bengals (3-5) at tacks (5-3) Bengals CB Adam Jones (formerly known as Pac Man), openly questioned the team's desire to win after the loss to the Jaguars.  If they haven't quit, they are capable of making it interesting against the tacks.  It is unlikely A.J. Green will get ejected from the game two weeks in a row, and the tacks can't rush the passer or cover as well as the Jaguars.  But at the end of the day, I think the tacks are too much for the Bengals.  tacks 27-Bengals 20.

Texans (3-5) at L.A. Rams (6-2) This is looking like a special year for the Rams.  As depleted as the Texans are, I don't see how they stand a chance in this game.  They can't rush the passer, can't pass protect and can't score without Watson.  A bad combination against an offense scoring a bunch of points.  Rams 34-Texans 17.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  According to KodiakJag..."You're missing a game, Bullseye.  I think you're 14-13. "  I'll go with that.  That sounds about right.

ok im 14-5 ooverall. this week i will make my picks. 

Rams over texans- Texans a really bad team with savage at qb.

tittians over Bengals

Steelers over colts

Jags

Please don't disappear after Sunday.

Last week: 1-2
14-13 Overall

Picks:
Jags
squeelers
bungles (AJ's get right game)
Rams
Gotta go with:

Jags: This isn't the same Jaguars team that Rivers has faced in the past.
Steelers - Obviously.
Bengals - They aren't as bad as we made them look, and the titans are as good as we made them look
Rams - Just too many injuries for the Texans to overcome.

2-1 last week
17-10 overall
Steelers over Colts
Rams over Texans
Titans over Bengals
Chargers over Jaguars

Went with my heart over my head with the Chargers pick

2-1 last week
20-7 overall
(11-08-2017, 08:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with your picks, Bullseye. Time for the Jaguars to take over the division, and it starts with winning games against teams you have superior talent to. I think the Jaguars have superior talent to the chargers.

Also the other games are easy picks in terms of talent. I'd love to see the Bengals pick themselves up off the mat after the way the Jaguars manhandled them, but I doubt it happens.

I think the Chargers have enough good talent at key positions like QB, TE, and edge rushers to make it worrisome.  I do think overall we're the better team though.

(11-09-2017, 09:22 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]My picks this week.

Titans    <-  I hope I'm wrong about this one.   Sick

I hope we are both wrong about that one.
3-0 last week, 19-8 overall.

Jaguars over Chargers
Rams over Texans
Titans over Bengals
Steelers over colts

All these are “safe” picks, but I have the feeling that I’ll be going 3-1 this week.
Titans whoop the bungles.
Jags lose big to the chargers.
Colts and texans who cares?
Last week: 3-0

Overall: 20-7

Jaguars

Titans

Rams

Steelers
LA @ JAX - This one worries me. It's Rivers. The team has won a game at home. There is a bona fide win streak going. It just doesn't jive with my recent pessimistic Jags Fan view. But! This is probably the best Defense the Jacksonville Organization has ever trotted out onto a field. They can rush, they can cover and they are really, really confident in what they can do. Also, this team can grind out yards as well as most any Jags team that I have watched. They don't get explosive plays all that often, but they rarely get tackled for a loss.

I think Jax takes this one, but it'll be a close game. But please please please don't let this game be close late and Rivers with the ball.

PITT @ INDY - The Pittsburgh Roethlisbergers should roll this one. I think Antonio Brown tears up a Vontae Davis-less Defense.

CINCY @ TENN - I really want Cincinnati to win this one, for no other reason than to give our team breathing room in the Division. I think Tennessee is probably a better roster and there are talks that the team has pretty much quit on Head Coach Lewis, but there is still a lot of talent on that team. Still, it's in Tennessee so I see this one going bad for the Bengals.

HOU @ LAR - Even if Houston finds a way to score, I don't see them keeping up with the Rams offense. LA takes this one going away.
(11-10-2017, 11:50 AM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]LA @ JAX - This one worries me. It's Rivers. The team has won a game at home. There is a bona fide win streak going. It just doesn't jive with my recent pessimistic Jags Fan view. But! This is probably the best Defense the Jacksonville Organization has ever trotted out onto a field. They can rush, they can cover and they are really, really confident in what they can do. Also, this team can grind out yards as well as most any Jags team that I have watched. They don't get explosive plays all that often, but they rarely get tackled for a loss.

I think Jax takes this one, but it'll be a close game. But please please please don't let this game be close late and Rivers with the ball.

PITT @ INDY - The Pittsburgh Roethlisbergers should roll this one. I think Antonio Brown tears up a Vontae Davis-less Defense.

CINCY @ TENN - I really want Cincinnati to win this one, for no other reason than to give our team breathing room in the Division. I think Tennessee is probably a better roster and there are talks that the team has pretty much quit on Head Coach Lewis, but there is still a lot of talent on that team. Still, it's in Tennessee so I see this one going bad for the Bengals.

HOU @ LAR - Even if Houston finds a way to score, I don't see them keeping up with the Rams offense. LA takes this one going away.
Would you rather have the Jags be down late with the ball or Chargers down late, Rivers with the ball?

I trust this defense to make stops more than I trust Blake in a 2 minutes drill to win the game. Pass rush would get after it and Gipson would make a big interception.
(11-10-2017, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2017, 11:50 AM)Deacon Wrote: [ -> ]LA @ JAX - This one worries me. It's Rivers. The team has won a game at home. There is a bona fide win streak going. It just doesn't jive with my recent pessimistic Jags Fan view. But! This is probably the best Defense the Jacksonville Organization has ever trotted out onto a field. They can rush, they can cover and they are really, really confident in what they can do. Also, this team can grind out yards as well as most any Jags team that I have watched. They don't get explosive plays all that often, but they rarely get tackled for a loss.

Would you rather have the Jags be down late with the ball or Chargers down late, Rivers with the ball?

I trust this defense to make stops more than I trust Blake in a 2 minutes drill to win the game. Pass rush would get after it and Gipson would make a big interception.
Indeed... up by 4 with less than 2 minutes to go, Chargers ball starting at the 25....

I like our chances...

even still... Normally I would say down by 4 with 2 to go from the 25 with Bortles would be instant loss...
but he's been playing better.... so I'd still be hopeful whereas last couple seasons I would've relegated myself to a loss
Jaguars over Chargers
Pittsburgh over Indy
Bengals over tacks--The tacks keep playing poorly against bad teams, and eventually it's going to bite them. Hoping it's this week.
Rams over tinhorns
Pages: 1 2