Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags and Titans could BOTH make the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is a very good chance that both Titans and Jags make the playoffs.

Titans/Jags at 5-3
Bills at 5-3
Dolphins 4-4

Everyone else not leading their division currently had a losing record.Bills and dolphins play 2x still, so they will beat up eachother a bit.
That December re-match is going to be a good one and could end up deciding the division.

Good days for both franchises right now.
(11-08-2017, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]That December re-match is going to be a good one and could end up deciding the division.

It would be sweet if we played each other in the playoffs. Titans abd Jags got the easiest down the stretch schedules. I think both could end up with 10 wins.
Can’t wait for the showdown
Beating them in the playoffs would be sweet and partial revenge for '99 but let's not get ahead of things. Smile
(11-08-2017, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]That December re-match is going to be a good one and could end up deciding the division.

NAH wishful thinking, JAGS will have division locked by then....
Barring an injury to Mariota, the titans will probably make the playoffs... as 5th or 6th seed.

Which could be an interesting scenario... what if we don’t need to beat them in Week 17 because we will already have the 3rd or 4th seed locked up? Say we play the titans in back to back weeks. Rest our players? Or play our starters but keep our game plan very vanilla and try to get as much intel on them before the rematch a week later?
Reminds me of 2007 when the Clots, Jags, and Tacks all made the playoffs.
this team is playing WAY better than when we played them in week 2... and in week 2 it was tied and we were driving on their side of the field before half when the turnovers started

I think the next meeting, assuming we are still healthy, is going to be different
(11-09-2017, 07:27 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Beating them in the playoffs would be sweet and partial revenge for '99 but let's not get ahead of things.  Smile

'99 still hurts.   I was there.  It was the most painful day of my spectating life.   I'd rather not risk having it happen again. 

So, no.  Let's not meet in the playoffs.

(11-09-2017, 08:22 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Barring an injury to Mariota, the titans will probably make the playoffs... as 5th or 6th seed.

Which could be an interesting scenario... what if we don’t need to beat them in Week 17 because we will already have the 3rd or 4th seed locked up? Say we play the titans in back to back weeks. Rest our players? Or play our starters but keep our game plan very vanilla and try to get as much intel on them before the rematch a week later?

I'd say play it like a preseason game.  Play the starters for a half, and then play the backups for the second half. 

Also, aren't there some Saturday playoff games?  We could wind up playing Sunday-Saturday.   I'd say rest the starters.
Jaguars went 5-3 with the 10th toughest schedule the first 8 games

Now we have the 32nd ranked schedule, in reality we should go 7-1, but we will see
(11-09-2017, 09:02 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]this team is playing WAY better than when we played them in week 2... and in week 2 it was tied and we were driving on their side of the field before half when the turnovers started

I think the next meeting, assuming we are still healthy, is going to be different

Could say the samething about Titans: our defense after the Texans loss has tremendously improved its our offense that hasnt yet clicked like it needs too.
tacks could make playoffs...

but I fully expect an old Jaguars style meltdown of epic status for the tacks.
2, maybe 3 wins in the remaining schedule.
ouch.
(11-09-2017, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]tacks could make playoffs...

but I fully expect an old Jaguars style meltdown of epic status for the tacks.
2, maybe 3 wins in the remaining schedule.
ouch.

5-3, which realistically could easily be 6-2 and that's with a tough schedule (versus a much easier one in the 2nd half), overall poor ST play, and a very average passing attack. But anything can happen. We've been through tough times so I'm not overly confident...
(11-09-2017, 08:22 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Barring an injury to Mariota, the titans will probably make the playoffs... as 5th or 6th seed.

Hell with the 3 or 4, I want the 2 seed!!
(11-09-2017, 09:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 07:27 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Beating them in the playoffs would be sweet and partial revenge for '99 but let's not get ahead of things.  Smile

'99 still hurts.   I was there.  It was the most painful day of my spectating life.   I'd rather not risk having it happen again. 

I was there too, section 123, row J seat 1 (my wife was in seat 2).  It *was* very painful.  I stayed until about 4 minutes to go.  I have waited to be able to turn the tables since that day and am still waiting.
Best case scenario winning that game in Week 17 wins us the division and maybe a first round bye? We have the tie breaker on PIT if it comes to that and losing just results us into having to be a Wild Card. Would be nice not having the pressure of do or die in that game. For whatever reason we seem to lose to that team if there is anything on the line and vice versa.
(11-09-2017, 09:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

The only way to heal is to beat down the tacks in the playoffs. Rip the band aid off!
(11-10-2017, 07:14 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 09:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]'99 still hurts.   I was there.  It was the most painful day of my spectating life.   I'd rather not risk having it happen again. 

The only way to heal is to beat down the tacks in the playoffs. Rip the band aid off!

Marty, at halftime in that fateful game, we were planning the superbowl trip. #January 2000. #Final Semester.Then progenitor cells of BecauseJags surfaced. Nearly 20 years later...

Rob with face, in my view, a random dismantling of an average titans squad in the playoffs isn't equitable. Knock off an elite top seeded titans (which isn't happening in our era's era), then we are talking.
(11-09-2017, 02:25 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 09:02 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]this team is playing WAY better than when we played them in week 2... and in week 2 it was tied and we were driving on their side of the field before half when the turnovers started

Could say the samething about Titans: our defense after the Texans loss has tremendously improved its our offense that hasnt yet clicked like it needs too.

Are you serious?  Have you really watched your whole teams performances in the past few weeks?  They have been borderline pathetic against bad teams.

I enjoy when good fans come to this border to have a good back and forth dialogue, you are not one of those fans.  You are a troll.
Pages: 1 2 3